Photo

Tantalus’ Wii U port will be announced soon for this year, studio’s biggest .

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Tantalus’ Wii U port will be announced soon, coming out this year, studio’s biggest project yet

Source http://nintendoevery...st-project-yet/

Last year, we heard that Tantalus Media – the developer behind Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution’s Wii U versions – started work on a “AAA next-gen title” for Nintendo’s console. It was confirmed soon after that the project in question was a port/rework of a game “for an absolute top notch publisher.”

Although we haven’t heard anything about it for about a year, the title is fortunately still in the works. Tantalus’ Tom Crago said during the Fragments of Silicon podcast that it will be revealed “soon”, is launching this year, and is “the biggest thing we’ve ever done”.

Crago’s full comments are as follows:

We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint.

While not related, Crago also confirmed that Tantalus is taking a Wii U title and porting it to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

So Wii U: getting a AAA next gen port title this year, not announced yet. Also, the team is taking a Wii U title and porting over to PS4, X1 and PC... can't be Lego City, Bayo, Wonderful 101... what could it be??

It is a ‘port’ but more of a complete rework for the Wii U: a bit like the work we did on Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut.

I can’t say what the title is but it is very exciting and is for an absolute top notch publisher. This game will be credited Tantalus … it’s not an MA / 18 or ‘hard core’ game which ME-3 and DX:HR are.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Only titles I can think off is Zombi U for the ps4/xb1 port. There was a lot of hints I saw that the lastest call of duty was coming to Wii U I know people that even had pre-oders I also know people that has pre orders for the assassin creed comet. So one of those games. 

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

• My guess, for a AAA recent title on x1/ps4 coming to Wii U not rated MA/18 is Destiny, it is rated T.
  • My guess for the Wii U game being ported to x1/ps4 is Funky Barn

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Mass effect, ie failed star flight for the morbidly mentally lazy who refuse to use their mental facilities, and babys first dues ex are 'hardcore'.

This industry is screwed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

No such thing as hardcore.

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

No such thing as hardcore.

youre-not-hardcore-unless-you-live-hardc

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Wow.. Probably zombiU and some dumb game that was released three years ago that we are now just getting a port of and the rest of the gaming community will rainbow on us some more but than I can shove X and Bayonetta down their throats

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Wow.. Probably zombiU and some dumb game that was released three years ago that we are now just getting a port of and the rest of the gaming community will rainbow on us some more but than I can shove X and Bayonetta down their throats

I would really be surprised if it was Zombi U. The game would simply be reduced to a generic fps surivor horror game..the gamepad really is integrated within the game and helps create the unique experience that's needed to make it something special. 

#9 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

The PS4 an Xbox port could be Funky Barn, since its Tantalu's own IP

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:14 AM

The PS4 an Xbox port could be Funky Barn, since its Tantalu's own IP

Yeah i agree, i don't think the wii u port is high profile, Funky Barn makes the most sense. Quick port and earn some sales back.

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

Yeah i agree, i don't think the wii u port is high profile, Funky Barn makes the most sense. Quick port and earn some sales back.

cant be that I mean what ps4/xb1 owner is going to say yeah funky barn what I have been missing from my game collection? that game will sell so horrible on those console bargin bin day 1

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

cant be that I mean what ps4/xb1 owner is going to say yeah funky barn what I have been missing from my game collection? that game will sell so horrible on those console bargin bin day 1

No one said the wii u port to the ps4/x1 was something desired by gamers and the whole game trade-off vibe seems wrong too. The main story is the Wii U is getting a AAA port from the PS4/X1, something big enough and not rated MA/18. The remark of porting a Wii U game to the other systems was a mere after thought of information given and wasn't hyped. 

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

No one said the wii u port to the ps4/x1 was something desired by gamers and the whole game trade-off vibe seems wrong too. The main story is the Wii U is getting a AAA port from the PS4/X1, something big enough and not rated MA/18. The remark of porting a Wii U game to the other systems was a mere after thought of information given and wasn't hyped.

yeah but I just doubt it is that. that would be a laughable waste of time. I dont only have a Wii U and I would wish that title for a psbone gamer.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

Destiny including both expansions.

BUT I hope not at this point.

The game has sold so much it would not sell well now as it is played out on other systems.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 27 February 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

It will be something like You don't know Jack lol

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

Best suggestion Ive heard was minecraft.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Best suggestion Ive heard was minecraft.

If the gaming Gods love me they wont let that happen. Minecraft and rockband would piss me off thoroughly.

It will be something like You don't know Jack lol

Not that I would buy it but would prefer ANYTHING over minecraft and rock band

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

I kind of wish this came out on Wii U, so Tantalus could port it to PS4/X1

know-your-friends.jpg?w=736&h=423&l=50&t

#19 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Dark Souls 2 would be nice...

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members