Photo

Tantalus’ Wii U port will be announced soon for this year, studio’s biggest .

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Guess we will all be proven wrong or right soon... shame during the podcast interview the guy couldn't give a bit more details. Really, it's all interpretation right now. Tantalus / Straight Right have done work with a number of big names.. Activision, Squeenix etc.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

If the gaming Gods love me they wont let that happen. Minecraft and rockband would piss me off thoroughly.

Not that I would buy it but would prefer ANYTHING over minecraft and rock band

Minecraft is awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

How about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

Edited by Kokirii, 27 February 2015 - 07:12 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

Minecraft is awesome.

i guess something has to be good about the game if it has sold as much as it has.... I have never been a fan i wouldnt take a free copy. God just watch it is going to be minecraft and they will be all proud about it.

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

How about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

saw some mentioning that too... ugh... this is a brain buster.... hmm.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

i guess something has to be good about the game if it has sold as much as it has.... I have never been a fan i wouldnt take a free copy. God just watch it is going to be minecraft and they will be all proud about it.

Minecraft is a mirror.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Minecraft is a mirror.

have no idea what that means but ok

#28 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

Minecraft is a mirror.

3Dude is a mystery wrapped in an enigma hidden within a conundrum 

Edited by Kokirii, 28 February 2015 - 06:00 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#29 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

Read the OP

Ok, I suppose you can call DS2 "hard core". But if it's not "hard core", does that mean we are getting excited over something casual, like Candy Crush...?

#30 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:04 AM

Best suggestion Ive heard was minecraft.

If you read the original job ad from 2012, it says "port of a currently unannounced AAA game". That doesn't seem to fit Minecraft.

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Just thought I would post this link, this is where all of the speculation came from. A podcast interview. Skip to around 39 minutes in.

If that embed doesn't allow you to skip forward, go here and click on the link,

http://www.nintendo-...-out-this-year/

#32 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

So... It's not Dark Souls, because "not hard core", it's not assassin's creed, because "not M rated", it's not Minecraft because "AAA". So... What then? Maybe Final Fantasy is the best guess?

#33 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

So... It's not Dark Souls, because "not hard core", it's not assassin's creed, because "not M rated", it's not Minecraft because "AAA". So... What then? Maybe Final Fantasy is the best guess?

Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts.. Destiny...

thinking-gifs.gif?w=620

old but maybe relevant again... this was back in Feb 2013.. source code has changed since because the site has been updated. Also note the ps vita is listed as a platform, the game does support remote play to the vita. xbox 720, most likely the site was coded before the console name was learned.

An additional note, Destiny is not a yearly franchise.

Untitled-Destiny-PC-Hint.jpg

#34 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

Ok, I suppose you can call DS2 "hard core". But if it's not "hard core", does that mean we are getting excited over something casual, like Candy Crush...?

DSII is rated M. They said it's not a rated M game.

#35 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

DSII is rated M. They said it's not a rated M game.

Dark Souls 2 is Rated T for Teen, dawg

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#36 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

I assume he meant it mirrors your own creativity. People enjoy it more if they have an aptitude to run wild with ideas that work in a sandbox world.

#37 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Dark Souls 2 is Rated T for Teen, dawg

oops

o4MHNiN.gif

#38 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

My greater concern is that they are apparently porting a Wii U game to the PS4/Xbox One...

Ya see, I'm all for the Wii U getting more games, but losing exclusives?  They'd better not be porting Bayonetta 2 (and btw, that CAN be possible since Sega owns the IP and can publish a port on other systems themselves [obviously outsourcing the port job to a developer like Tantalus] if there is no explicit part of the contract stating that the game will remain Wii U-only indefinitely).

This is much like how Mass Effect, originally published by Microsoft Game Studios, eventually ended up on other platforms through EA buying out Bioware and Bioware owning the IP.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#39 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

My greater concern is that they are apparently porting a Wii U game to the PS4/Xbox One...

Ya see, I'm all for the Wii U getting more games, but losing exclusives?  They'd better not be porting Bayonetta 2 (and btw, that CAN be possible since Sega owns the IP and can publish a port on other systems themselves [obviously outsourcing the port job to a developer like Tantalus] if there is no explicit part of the contract stating that the game will remain Wii U-only indefinitely).

This is much like how Mass Effect, originally published by Microsoft Game Studios, eventually ended up on other platforms through EA buying out Bioware and Bioware owning the IP.

It's probably sonic boom.

pNgecl.gif

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

Never going to happen. Nintendo isn't Microsoft. Nintendo actually owns the code to B2. In order for B2 to come to other consoles it has to be remade and a different game. Like Kamiya said asking for Bayonetta 2 on other consoles may as well ask for Zelda and Mario as well. Sega may own the Bayonetta IP but Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2 code.

The game PS4 and XBO likely going to get is funky barn or some digital game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!