• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

Not a surprise as there was heavy speculation straight after Titanfall launched that PS4 would be getting either a port or the sequel. 

I thought the mechs were cool but performance on Xbone was awful so haven't played since. 

http://www.thesixtha...ll-as-xbox-one/

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

Oh good more terrible over hyped AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shooters.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

Oh good more people complaining that people like games they don't

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Oh good more people complaining that people like games they don't

Oh good more butthurt people who don't like seeing crappy games they like being called out for what they are.

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Oh good more butthurt people who don't like seeing crappy games they like being called out for what they are.

let people enjoy what they want my dude

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

POPULAR

I've never played, advocated, or sang the praises of Titanfall.

I just find it incredibly pathetic that every game that isn't something Nintendo-related or doesn't line up with your particular likes is suddenly AAAAAAAAAAAAA 'garbage' just because you dislike it.

Seriously, just lay off. We all know you hate anything by a major publisher, no need to regurgitate it on every news posting about their games.

Heck, that's why I barely post or talk here anymore. Anything that even minorly supports a franchise that you, 3Dude or a handful of other people around here is almost immediately met with vitriolic negative reactions to the point of not even wanting to bother with posting anymore.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I just find it incredibly pathetic that every game that isn't something Nintendo-related or doesn't line up with your particular likes is suddenly AAAAAAAAAAAAA 'garbage' just because you dislike it.

Seriously, just lay off. We all know you hate anything by a major publisher, no need to regurgitate it on every news posting about their games.

Heck, that's why I barely post or talk here anymore. Anything that even minorly supports a franchise that you, 3Dude or a handful of other people around here is almost immediately met with vitriolic negative reactions to the point of not even wanting to bother with posting anymore.

have to agree, this site has become a graveyard recently.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

Garbage is garbage don't like when people call out garbage and wanna leave then leave but going to find it pretty much anywhere. Not going to stop.Has nothing to do with liking or disliking. It's just trash. Most AAA games are poorly made and rewarded for it. The only ones being negative is the industry by letting it crumble. Don't want your eyes opened to the crap destroying the greatest for of entertainment then be blind and get upset at me I don't give a hoot really. I will always poop on what deserves to be pooped on and praise what deems worthy of praise. Not going to reward laziness and greed. If someone finds some enjoyment out of a terrible game,fine no problem as long as they recognize it for what it is. Not reward it for something it claims to be and brainwashes people into something it isn't.

Cosmic Carnage is fun but it sucks.

Edited by Ryudo, 12 March 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#9 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

Hmm, I thought it was a pretty okay game. Not really anything special, but it's a nice throw back to older arena FPS'... with some modern stuff I disagree with thrown into the mix. Definitely much better than Call of Duty, at least.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

I have played Titanfall, gameplay is meh, but it's certainly not a bad game.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Eh, Titanfall always just looked like CoD with mechs to me. I have heard the playerbase died down pretty quick which for a multiplayer only game is quite a bad thing to happen but I guess it sold enough for them to get a sequel in the works..

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

I had to come in here and clean up some things.

• No bashing, insulting, or otherwise pointlessly slandering Nintendo or their competitors. We're a community of respectful Nintendo fans. If you're here only to talk trash, don't even bother joining. That said, blind fanboyism (be it of Nintendo or any other company) will not be tolerated, either - if you've got something negative to say about any of the big three, it's fine to do so as long as it's phrased constructively and you know what you're talking about.
  • No swearing. Minor curse words like "crap" and "hell" are fine, but the S-word and F-bomb are strictly taboo. Appropriate substitutes like "snit" and "funk" may be used freely, though. If you swear, don't be surprised if your words are replaced with embarrassing things like unicorns or rainbows.
  • Always be respectful of others and their opinions. No personal attacks, hateful/racist comments, flame wars, etc. It won't be tolerated. Emotional debates are fine, but hating someone just because they think the PSP is better than the DS is simply irrational.

http://thewiiu.com/f...forums-ruleset/

stay_on_topic.png

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Eh, Titanfall always just looked like CoD with mechs to me. I have heard the playerbase died down pretty quick which for a multiplayer only game is quite a bad thing to happen but I guess it sold enough for them to get a sequel in the works..

lol

bb0.gif

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

lol

What funny?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

lol

They are ex infinityward guys who made CoD. The game functions pretty much the same so his comparison was astute.

Edited by Ryudo, 13 March 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#16 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

They are ex infinityward guys who made CoD. The game functions pretty much the same so his comparison was astute.

Yeah, that's why I don't see what was funny about what I said. CoD doesn't appeal to me so putting mechs in CoD doesn't either.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#17 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Really enjoyed the first game. But felt it was a game best played with friends, due to all the chaos that was happening. Will buy the sequel on the XBOX One for sure.

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

The game doesn't function pretty much the same. Stop spreading misinformation.

Yeah, that's why I don't see what was funny about what I said. CoD doesn't appeal to me so putting mechs in CoD doesn't either.

What's funny is that Titanfall is much more similar to older Arena FPS' like Unreal Tournament than CoD, but everyone always decides to compare it first and foremost with CoD, and what's worse, call it a clone of CoD with mechs, when it's really far from being that.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

Yes a video is the same as playing isn't it. That's why we never play games just watch them. No it's mechanics function and game design is very similar to CoD. It has wall running and all but overall it's a marginally improved CoD but since AW ripped off Titanfall the circle is complete.

Overall they're both focused on fast multilayer that doesn't always "make sense" like throwing a knife over a building and killing someone

Edited by Ryudo, 14 March 2015 - 08:48 PM.

#20 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

What's funny is that Titanfall is much more similar to older Arena FPS' like Unreal Tournament than CoD, but everyone always decides to compare it first and foremost with CoD, and what's worse, call it a clone of CoD with mechs, when it's really far from being that.

What... How is Titanfall at all like UT? People compare it to CoD because it looks a heck of a lot like CoD. You throw mechs and wall running in CoD and call it Titanfall, how can you question why people compare it to CoD?

CoD and Titanfall may be FPS with fast paced combat but I don't think they should really be compared to arena FPS like UT or Quake. CoD has a more casual approach which is why it has sold so well over the years. The accessibility of an FPS that allows you to run and gun and actually do well in multiplayer is a big part of the mass market appeal of CoD. If you enjoy CoD then you'd probably enjoy Titanfall as it's CoD with a few additions but you can't really expect the rest of us to believe it's far from being that.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!