• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

Depending on the release date it could be their hybrid system. X is used by Japanese companies as "Cross" (Think Street Fighter X Tekken and Project X Zone), so it could be that. However, a hybrid system should come out in 2017 or 2018 because that would fall in line with the expected end of the Wii U and (New) 3DS's lifecycle (Wii U being 5-6 years and 3DS being 6 to 7, which is similar to their other systems, such as the DS, Gameboy, and every home system). However, it's status as a 3rd Pillar implies an earlier release date, but a hybrid wouldn't be good for the Wii U. This is all very interesting, and I can't wait to hear more about it, probably at E3.

I just hope that by Smartphones and Tablets, they include Windows Phone, 8, and RT. So many apps skip out on the Windows Store it's not funny. I am speaking as the owner of a Surface Pro 3. I also hope that the PC section is an application and not just a website. If you're going to have an application for an external device, you have to make it available everywhere. I'm talking iOS, Android, Windows Phone, OSX, Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Chrome Store, and anywhere else possible. Get this out to anyone and everyone.

They mentioned PC. So I assume Windows 8/10 will be supported.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#42 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

NX. Nintendo CROSSover.

Combining multple mediums.

This thing better bring the horsepower.

It's on thing to combine mediums. It's another thing to do it well.

I've always said the Wii U was a 5 year sysem. And its actually shrewd of them. PS4 is supposed to be a 10 year system.

If Nintendo brings ou the biig guns on the new system, then they will be perceived as the "cool" "hot new tech" and rightly so.

VR is a must. as an add-on. I dont care for it. At all. But its got the hype. And Nintendo was first to bring it home. But they didn't bring the power. So you had red lines. whoop de doo.

I think this will be special.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 March 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#43 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

Nintendo NEVER EVER EEEEEEEEEEEEVER did VR. They did 3D in red headache visuals not the same as VR no matter the name and sorry Sega Master System did it in the 80's. NX is not a replacment for Wii U they already said that it's a third tier system and it's going to be part of Nintendo's plan to unify an account system for PC,Tablets,Phones,Wii U,3DS,NX.

#44 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:20 AM

So we are expecting this device.... to be more modern than Wii U spec wise?

#45 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

So we are expecting this device.... to be more modern than Wii U spec wise?

It's not going to replace Wii U. It's a third pillar. So no.

#46 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

The NX codename may very well represent more then one device. 

If it's not a 3rd pillar and a replacement, then I would think the first hardware released is a successor to the 3DS family. Wii U successor would follow shortly after, 6 months or a year. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#47 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

NX. Nintendo CROSSover.

Combining multple mediums.

This thing better bring the horsepower.

It's on thing to combine mediums. It's another thing to do it well.

I've always said the Wii U was a 5 year sysem. And its actually shrewd of them. PS4 is supposed to be a 10 year system.

If Nintendo brings ou the biig guns on the new system, then they will be perceived as the "cool" "hot new tech" and rightly so.

VR is a must. as an add-on. I dont care for it. At all. But its got the hype. And Nintendo was first to bring it home. But they didn't bring the power. So you had red lines. whoop de doo.

I think this will be special.

VA won't be an ad on, it will be the console. Think Nintendo ON (YouTube it).

Nintendo NEVER EVER EEEEEEEEEEEEVER did VR. They did 3D in red headache visuals not the same as VR no matter the name and sorry Sega Master System did it in the 80's. NX is not a replacment for Wii U they already said that it's a third tier system and it's going to be part of Nintendo's plan to unify an account system for PC,Tablets,Phones,Wii U,3DS,NX.

The last third pillar was the Nintendo DS. We still have Game Boy? The Wii U will be replaced by the NX if it's successfull. If it's not, then we will get a new traditional console.

#48 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

Don't forget this info from Nintendo a while back. It is very important...

Last year, we started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform.

Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#49 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

Lost respect for Nintendo since the announcement. Its like they are being sell outs, releasing their i.p's (in whatever shape or form) just for a quick cash in.

They are basically hypocrites and this will mark the beginning of dedicated Nintendo hardware being the only place you can enjoy and take pride in owning their franchises.

Really pissed off as instead of taking responsibility for Wii u faults resulting in poor sales they did a u turn on their business morales.

#50 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

Lost respect for Nintendo since the announcement. Its like they are being sell outs, releasing their i.p's (in whatever shape or form) just for a quick cash in.

They are basically hypocrites and this will mark the beginning of dedicated Nintendo hardware being the only place you can enjoy and take pride in owning their franchises.

Really pissed off as instead of taking responsibility for Wii u faults resulting in poor sales they did a u turn on their business morales.

You can't really make an excuse of the Wii U for this mobile move, and we don't know really how it will play out yet. They were meeting with DeNA since 2010, a couple of years before the Wii U even launched. Really, it was only a matter of time before Nintendo did something in the mobile space. I don't see it as a cash in, rather an investment into their own future. In the presentation, it was made clear any mobile title released will not diminish the value of their IP but rather create more demand for it.

I am confident they are going to be very careful in what is released on mobile and they even mention how different hardware configurations, controls play a huge part in what someone thinks of a mobile game experience. I don't necessarily like or hate the news, but am cautiously optimistic that it will be good for Nintendo and gamers. It's not like they are getting out of dedicated hardware, hence why they also mentioned the codename for their next device.

Iwata also never specifically ruled out mobile,

Please note, however, that I was not dismissing the idea of making games for smart devices per se as I stated at the January 2014 Corporate Management Policy Briefing that a development team of Nintendo would create a smart device application, and please also note that I had not ruled out the possibility of making games when we make use of these devices.

takeachillpill-200x200.jpg

:)

#51 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

I'm just disappointed the over exaggeration people are having. This wont have an affect on anything, in my opinion. 

#52 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

VA won't be an ad on, it will be the console. Think Nintendo ON (YouTube it).

The last third pillar was the Nintendo DS. We still have Game Boy? The Wii U will be replaced by the NX if it's successfull. If it's not, then we will get a new traditional console.

And the third pillar before DS was Phillips CD-i. So they are 50%

Edited by Ryudo, 18 March 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#53 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Where are people getting the Virtual Reality thing from? People were moaning about the gamepad and wii remotes being mandatory so how is making VR mandatory any different? 

I don't think Nintendo should make a VR console, an add-on fine, but I don't want to be forced to play my games with a headset. I personally don't see the appeal of VR for many of Nintendo's games anyway.

I want Nintendo to do what they do best- something unique. VR isn't unique when MS and Sony are also both working on it.

#54 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

I think the NX is a platform of next gen devices to come and each will one connect and communicate with each other through better account services, online etc. VR could be one of those devices but I don't expect it initially.

NX Platform Devices

• 3ds handheld successor
  • wii u home console successor
  • new device (tablet, box, hdmi stick? appealing to the mobile side with it's own curated online store)
  • VR device

I think the next device to come out would be the handheld successor, or that new device... with the others to follow a year apart.

Nintendo put itself in position to support more devices, they've been growing, collaborating, partnering.

I refer to this quote again to put my ideas in perspective,

Last year, we started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform.

Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment.

#55 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

I think the NX is a platform of next gen devices to come and each will one connect and communicate with each other through better account services, online etc. VR could be one of those devices but I don't expect it initially.

NX Platform Devices

• 3ds handheld successor
  • wii u home console successor
  • new device (tablet, box, hdmi stick? appealing to the mobile side with it's own curated online store)
  • VR device
I think the next device to come out would be the handheld successor, or that new device... with the others to follow a year apart.

Nintendo put itself in position to support more devices, they've been growing, collaborating, partnering.

I refer to this quote again to put my ideas in perspective,
I'm pretty sure that would be the general idea. Or maybe me and you are the only ones thinking seriously about this, as opposed to freaking out.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#56 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

I'm reading it over again, and it says that we won't here more of NX until next year. That fits with an average console lifespan of 5-6 years if it releases the year after it's announced. This isn't a third pillar: this is the next gen. The picture in the OP is about the membership service. That will still include Wii U and 3DS, like how PS+ is still on PS3 and Games for Gold on 360.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 18 March 2015 - 02:05 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#57 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

Right. *uses vodka to purge memories of NX until they are needed next year*

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#58 Hound of God

Hound of God

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:Hound_of_God

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

This is pretty interesting news. The fact that they've been planning for years and now have another company invested makes me hope that they're more ready for NX's challenges than they were with Wii U.

Need%20a%20hug.png

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Where are people getting the Virtual Reality thing from? People were moaning about the gamepad and wii remotes being mandatory so how is making VR mandatory any different?

I don't think Nintendo should make a VR console, an add-on fine, but I don't want to be forced to play my games with a headset. I personally don't see the appeal of VR for many of Nintendo's games anyway.

I want Nintendo to do what they do best- something unique. VR isn't unique when MS and Sony are also both working on it.

Nintendo does not make control advancements as an add on. They go full fledge. The N64 with the joystick. The Wii with Wiimote. The Game Pad with Wii U. Virtual Boy with VR.

And VR is the next big thing. Everyone is getting into it. Make no it a third pillar also means they could still release a new console in the traditional sense if it doesn't do well.

#60 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Nintendo does not make control advancements as an add on. They go full fledge. The N64 with the joystick. The Wii with Wiimote. The Game Pad with Wii U. Virtual Boy with VR.

And VR is the next big thing. Everyone is getting into it. Make no it a third pillar also means they could still release a new console in the traditional sense if it doesn't do well.

VIRTUAL BOY WAS NOT VR! It is the same thing 3DS is just not red. It's 3D. VR is not the next big thing it's the next big flop like 3D. VR cannot be the next big thing when it fails every time they try to be the next big thing just like 3D fails to be the next big thing.

Every 20+ years 3D and VR try to be the next big thing EVERYTIME they fail. This is Sony's THIRD ATTEMPT since PS2.

Virtual Reality is to simulate a 3D space around you that you can interact with in first person simulating reality. Virtual Boy was a NES with red sprites that popped out in 3D. It is not VR.

BTW just saw this http://gizmodo.com/t...3/ kirkhamilton

been saying for years as long as it's attached to your face it's not going to take off.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 March 2015 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!