• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

lol third system thinking it might be a PSTV or Ouya type device?

#22 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

lol third system thinking it might be a PSTV or Ouya type device?

PSTV isn't really a system. It's a gimped Vita that plugs into your TV.

I don't even know why you'd even give Ouya the time of day anymore. Such a huge disappointment, that was.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

People need to keep in mind it's not a 3ds successor, or wii u successor... but a 3rd pillar.

It seems to be

• Club Nintendo Successor
  • Account System
  • Software platform / perhaps new eshop/app shop?
  • 3rd pillar hardware device
The picture Ryudo posted shows it's not a successor.

nintendo-membership-service-dena-656x368

The last third pillar was the DS. What happened to Game Boy again?

Honestly, I think this NX will be a Virtual Reality system, and if it is successful it will replace the Wii U after 2017. Because VR is coming and coming strong and Nintendo doesn't want to be left out in the cold. And when they build a system, they don't usually make an add on, they go full on like they did with the Wiimote and Game Pad.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

I don't even know why you'd even give Ouya the time of day anymore. Such a huge disappointment, that was.

Well Nintendo might make a hybrid of the two where is may play downloaded 3DS games and the new mobile games that may work with 3DS or Wii U Gamepad. These cheap companion consoles are the new pong clones and everyone has one these days so maybe Nintendo is joining the fray but doing it right maybe. Nintendo is rarely the first to do something they just often do it correctly.

They were not the first to have motion controllers or analog sticks or screens in the controller  or touch screen hand helds they just did it correctly.

#25 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

If they bring original content to mobile devices their handheld and home console could benefit from that.

Give a little exposure to your franchises and leave people wanting more.

Of course, there's also the risk of people just sticking with them and that's it.

It will all depend on what franchises and what type of games they make for mobile devices.

Different experiences will probably be the best solution.

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

Well Nintendo might make a hybrid of the two where is may play downloaded 3DS games and the new mobile games that may work with 3DS or Wii U Gamepad. These cheap companion consoles are the new pong clones and everyone has one these days so maybe Nintendo is joining the fray but doing it right maybe. Nintendo is rarely the first to do something they just often do it correctly.

They were not the first to have motion controllers or analog sticks or screens in the controller  or touch screen hand helds they just did it correctly.

Interesting thoughts. I've seen some say it could be some sort of streaming box or hdmi stick too...  

I think it's important to remember Nintendo's web framework as well... this could be central to the mobile area. Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars runs on this, and it could easily run on phones, tablets and any streaming box or stick. It's basically a browser game.

Quick note about OUYA, they still remain afloat.. Alibaba just invested 10 million dollars in them recently. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#27 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

Wasn't it supposed to be the future of gaming? THey made a big deal about it and I haven't seen one ever.

That being said, what if the NX was a game streaming service? Virtual Console games could be put on the service and streamed to your consoles, handhelds, dedicated TV sticks or even your PC and mobile. It would solve the problem with backwards compatibility

Edited by grahamf, 17 March 2015 - 09:05 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#28 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

NX - Nintendo Xbox with smart glass lol.

#29 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

Well I guess this is a wait and see what Nintendo has up their sleeve.  To me it seems a little rushed for new hardware to be talked now but I also have to be reminded that the 3ds has been out since 2011 and the Wii U followed the year after and this could very well be the hybrid console "Fusion" that was rumored.  Nintendo home consoles normally last around 5-7 years before a successor is announced.  The original NES and SNES which were about six years.  The N64 released in 1996 followed by the GCN 2001, then the Wii in 2006-2012.  To me it seems as if the more successful consoles last a little longer while all of them were and are brilliant I know Nintendo still has some greatness out of the Wii U this year and even more to come up to the reveal of NX  next year whatever that may be.  Also we don't really know if this is even the successor to the Wii U but a lot of other websites are stating it as if so and I think while possibly a third pillar approach this could be an experimental concept like the DS was to see how the consumers will react and if successful it could have the same success as the DS brand and replace the older hardware.  Innovation awaits!

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

Nintendo shares up as much as 29% following announcement.

http://www.businessi...3#ixzz3UfS9aeoj

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#31 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

Heh I kinda hate this, but whichever. I hate the articles and saying about time and too late (emulaters, people who can't read). I can't wait for the new CN and for the rest of the announcement though. I think Nintendo should've kept the game thing secret, and release things like a eShop and Miiverse app first, and people get mad that Nintendo has apps but their not games, haha.

Stupid Snowmads!

#32 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Depending on the release date it could be their hybrid system. X is used by Japanese companies as "Cross" (Think Street Fighter X Tekken and Project X Zone), so it could be that. However, a hybrid system should come out in 2017 or 2018 because that would fall in line with the expected end of the Wii U and (New) 3DS's lifecycle (Wii U being 5-6 years and 3DS being 6 to 7, which is similar to their other systems, such as the DS, Gameboy, and every home system). However, it's status as a 3rd Pillar implies an earlier release date, but a hybrid wouldn't be good for the Wii U. This is all very interesting, and I can't wait to hear more about it, probably at E3.

I just hope that by Smartphones and Tablets, they include Windows Phone, 8, and RT. So many apps skip out on the Windows Store it's not funny. I am speaking as the owner of a Surface Pro 3. I also hope that the PC section is an application and not just a website. If you're going to have an application for an external device, you have to make it available everywhere. I'm talking iOS, Android, Windows Phone, OSX, Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Chrome Store, and anywhere else possible. Get this out to anyone and everyone.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 17 March 2015 - 05:50 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#33 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

I really do not know what to think of this.. I'm happy they are planning things but I am also a little bit worried they are announcing it this soon.  If it is a third pillar, I have no idea other than maybe a phone or a tv streaming box thing... But still, I am only worried.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#34 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

I really do not know what to think of this.. I'm happy they are planning things but I am also a little bit worried they are announcing it this soon.  If it is a third pillar, I have no idea other than maybe a phone or a tv streaming box thing... But still, I am only worried.

Not going to lie. This deal reminds me A LOT of the Nintendo and Phillips CD-i deal. Allowing a third system with Nintendo IP's and let the other company make new games base don their IP's like Hotel Mario,The infamous Zelda CD-i games and the cancelled Super Mario Wacky Worlds.

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

waqmsg.png
NXT is this
emmadance-o.gif

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

[redacted]

Edited by grahamf, 17 March 2015 - 06:10 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#37 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

I basically agree with everything reviewtechusa said regarding this topic.

#38 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

I disagree with the mobile part. Nintendo wouldn't go through all this trouble just to use mobile as advertisements.

pNgecl.gif

#39 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

LOL! That idiot? He's just some dolt who thinks his word is law and is a PC gamer with a bias against Wii U since day one.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

I disagree with the mobile part. Nintendo wouldn't go through all this trouble just to use mobile as advertisements.

I think thats the only thing he said that makes any sense. That sounds like an incredibly nintendolike thing to do.

They will be releasing games with characters from nintendo ip's but they wont be 'real' games from those characters franchises, they will be like the mini games from super mario 64 ds. Kids will enjoy them, because unlike the other free to play garbage thats just skinnerbox addicting crap, these will actually be fun, and they will recognize the characters when they see them elsewhere, like in commercials, or store displays for nintendo hardware, running full versions of games that had the characters they played with on mobile.

Playble Ads.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!