Photo

What consoles are you getting next gen? (8th gen)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Consoles will you be getting next gen? (8th gen) (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Consoles will you be getting next gen? (8th gen)

1. Wii U (15 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. PlayStation 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Xbox 720 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Wii U and PlayStation 4 (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. Wii U and Xbox 720 (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. All (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

8. None (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

I will buy Wii U and most likley also buy the PlayStation 4.

Edited by Meelow100, 24 January 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I know I'll be getting the Wii U. I'll probably get the PS4 for whatever Sucker Punch develops, along with any other exclusives that catch my eye. So far I have no plans for the 720.

Edited by Link, 24 January 2012 - 03:34 PM.

Posted Image

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

You should of made this a multiple choices poll. Some people aren't only getting one.
Anyways, Wii U, Xbox 720, PS4. And Vita if you count that as a console - but it's really not, so I guess that doesn't count. :P

Edit: Nevermind, I see the 'All' option now.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 24 January 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I will most likely get a ps4 and Wii U. There is a chance I would go get the next xbox but i do not know right now.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Nintendo first-party games plus third-party games = All I need for the next generation.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Wii U and PS4. If the Wii U can succeed and still get third party games well into the 8th gen, it'll be my main platform. But I need a PS4 for all those brilliant Sony exclusives, and maybe for the occasional game that doesn't make it to either Wii U or the PC. I won't even touch the Xbox 720 though, Microsoft has just dissapointed me time and time again. Unless they have a truly big and amazing exclusive, then I'm not buying one.

Posted Image

#7 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

WiiU only, sticking with one console for once, focus on buying games
Posted Image

#8 chris112

chris112

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Sonic, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Definietely the Wii U. Not sure about the Playstation 4 'cause I just got my Playstation 3 this christmas.
"Now Wii're playing with power!"
Posted Image

#9 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

I voted for Wii U and 720, but I meant Wii U and ps4.
Oh well.

Posted Image

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm going to get a Wii U. And I already have the the 8th generation 3DS. ;)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I will be getting the Wii U and that is all I plan on getting. However, if I somehow end up having the money for another one, I might end up getting something else. I would have to see the difference between the 720 and the PS4 before I decide. I don't really know what I would want to play on either system though as I have never really cared about Sony and Microsoft systems.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#12 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

Since I got my first home console the atari and then nes... I will be sticking with nintendo like always. Wii U all the way baby. I'm a true loyal fan not the bandwagon jumpers like all of the people I know that grew up on nintendo... But they do have work to do to bring hardcore back to Nintendo.

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

I most likely will buy a Wii U, since they have the exclusives I grew up with :)

A PS4 I may consider.

But I'm NOT getting a Nextbox... Was too burned by the Xbox 360... (Geddit? I said burned, lulz)

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

I will only be getting a wii u unless, it fails at third party support. As for handhelds I have a 3ds, and will be getting a vita.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#15 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

I will only be getting a wii u unless, it fails at third party support. As for handhelds I have a 3ds, and will be getting a vita.

We have already seen that is doesn't fail at third party support. ;)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nintendo first-party games plus third-party games = All I need for the next generation.

this^^
so far wii u is really impressing with 3rd party titles and i expect many more to be confirmed at e3 2012, only chance of getting 720/ps4 is if they get stupidly good exclusives
Posted Image

#17 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

We have already seen that is doesn't fail at third party support. ;)

However, it could possibly change in the future. I really hope it will have great third party support throughout it's life span, but it's impossible to tell.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#18 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

WiiU only, sticking with one console for once, focus on buying games

I share your sentiments.

I usually have always had two consoles and a PC every gen. This gen I have all three consoles and a gaming PC. However, lately, I have begun playing many third party games on my PC because they just look so damn good in true 1080p and 8xAA, and the Xbox 360 controller for the PC is the best controller ever! I'm about to sell my 360 because I only keep it around for two reasons. 1 is my Mass Effect save files (although I also have ME1 for the PC and it is WAY better. The other reason my 360 is still around is because it will give be trade in credit if I use it towards the order of a Wii U at EB Games/GameStop.

My PS3 I just got in August, and I enjoyed all the exlusives it had to offer (didn't like inFamous or LittleBigPlanet). The only things I use my PS3 for now is to play Blu-RAys, PS1 games, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and when the Last of Us comes out.

I'm 23 now, and getting to the point where I am about to graduate, move out, get a house (already got the new car) and I can't afford to buy 3 consoles and upgrade my PC next gen lol.

That is why I am hoping (so far so good) that the Wii U gets third party games that stay console exclusive like Final Fantasy, etc. I will most likely use the Wii U the same way I used my Wii (for the first party exclusives) and the prospect of playing classic Nintendo franchises in native 1080p is too hard to resist.

TL;DR I am going back to my old ways next gen of only having Nintendo consoles and a PC (Wii U, 3DS, and PC)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#19 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

TL;DR I am going back to my old ways next gen of only having Nintendo consoles and a PC (Wii U, 3DS, and PC)

(i know i cut out most of your post... but this is all i needed)
I really think this is the best way to game (not neccissarily all Nintendo, but focusing money towards games on one or two platforms). I have a 3ds (christmas present) im hoping for a wiiu (likely to be christmas present) and i can see myself getting a PC for gaming in the future because i've missed out on the world of mods... although my track record with keeping computers up and running isn't good.
Posted Image

#20 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

(i know i cut out most of your post... but this is all i needed)
I really think this is the best way to game (not neccissarily all Nintendo, but focusing money towards games on one or two platforms). I have a 3ds (christmas present) im hoping for a wiiu (likely to be christmas present) and i can see myself getting a PC for gaming in the future because i've missed out on the world of mods... although my track record with keeping computers up and running isn't good.

Last gen I had a GameCube, GBA and PC. My brother got a PS2 but I didn't ask for it. I used it for JRPGs and it was cool.

My comp costed $3300 to build in December 2009 but it still runs most games at max setting (especially console games like mass effect nd Skyrim) plus you get all the sweet mods like the GTA IV mod and Skyrim mod. My quad core is barely taxed by games, RAM is dirt Cheap to upgrade. My video card is probably the only thing I will need to upgrade in a couple years (although it's 3 years old and can still run taxing GPU games at high settings and 50+ FPS)
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!