Photo

Im kind of in between...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: COD Modern Warfare (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the MW Series?

1. Yes, its an incredible series. (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Yeah, its not bad. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. Eh, its alright. (1 votes [4.55%])

4. Im neutral on it. (1 votes [4.55%])

5. Nah, not so good. (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

6. No, its just plain bad. (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

7. No, hate it with a passion! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Never played the series. (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

For a long time, I've been hating the Call of Duty franchise (Well, the Modern Warfare franchise anyways.) saying they are all too similar to each other, but I rented Modern Warfare 3 for my Xbox 360, and I really enjoyed the game, but now I feel silly. I said that I hated it for so long, but now that I think its good, I dont know... Was I wrong about it or something? I just think its repeptitive gameplay that barley changed throughout the series.

Do you guys like COD? (I mean the Modern Warfare series.)

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

For a long time, I've been hating the Call of Duty franchise (Well, the Modern Warfare franchise anyways.) saying they are all too similar to each other, but I rented Modern Warfare 3 for my Xbox 360, and I really enjoyed the game, but now I feel silly. I said that I hated it for so long, but now that I think its good, I dont know... Was I wrong about it or something? I just think its repeptitive gameplay that barley changed throughout the series.

Do I like Cod? Well, I love fish :P

Anyways, I can see it's appeal gameplay wise, but It's just not my forte. What I hate about Call of Duty is the impact that it's had on gaming. Call of Duty has, in attempts to copy/beat it, has ruined too many developers and games. I'm not saying that the series is bad, just that it's impact on the gaming industry is.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

*Entire Post*

Oh, yeah! I totally forgot that. It really does always seem to outshine games like Rayman Origins and Mario Galaxy and such. Thats one reason why I didnt like it...

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Oh, yeah! I totally forgot that. It really does always seem to outshine games like Rayman Origins and Mario Galaxy and such. Thats one reason why I didnt like it...

Not just that, but it symbolizes,IMO, the problem I have with DLC. $15 for 3 maps is ridiculousness. That and that while many games and sequels are the same, each game can usually be distinguished from it's predessecor or sequel from a screen shot. My friend can't tell the difference between MW3, MW2, and MW.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

It's actually pretty good and fun. It's the fans they are freakin ignorant and annoying. they overate it. That's why I think a lot of people hate it. If it didn't get this unecassary hype I think more people would like.

Do you like the COD franchise?

MW is okay but COD games are more creative.

#6 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nah, not so good.

Played it a few times. Seen worse, just hates how it over-shadows all the other great games out there :( (Same with CoD and BF)

Edited by Brian6330, 07 February 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#7 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Do you like the COD franchise?

I have never played a COD game outside the MW franchise.

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

N pretty much summed up my feelings on the franchise.
Posted Image

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have never played a COD game outside the MW franchise.

Oh, well you should try playing World at War or Black Ops they are pretty good.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I don't really like it. At all. It's overly and unnecessarily violent, the story is bland, and it's just the same rehashed crap over and over. Not to mention it's ruined a series for me (Conduit 2...CoD's influence in that is clear through voice changes, etc) and every FPS tries to be that now, either through gameplay mechanics or otherwise. It's severely overrated.

Why do we play games like this, whenever we can just view the same senseless violence in real life quite easily? Slaughtering civilians in an airport? Blowing up a little girl? How can people stomach this crap? It isn't right. -_-

Sorry for being harsh, but that's my opinion on it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Not just that, but it symbolizes,IMO, the problem I have with DLC. $15 for 3 maps is ridiculousness. That and that while many games and sequels are the same, each game can usually be distinguished from it's predessecor or sequel from a screen shot. My friend can't tell the difference between MW3, MW2, and MW.

That's just it. They charge $15 for DLC when the whole game itself should be that price. It's the same game engine from 2007, and it's the third game in the MW franchise (sixth if you count the black ops). People are paying $60 a year for essentially a map pack with a couple new weapons and 4 hour single player campaign. No graphical updates, no tweaks, no improvements that a sequel should have. I would totally be fine with CoD if they released Modern Warfare in 2007, and provided yearly map and weapon packs and maybe new modes through DLC at prices ranging from $5-15.

CoD's success is ruining actual original IP's because now some devs are scared to try something new if it will just be overshadowed by all the DudeBro shooters.

Skyward Sword is the lowest selling Zelda so far. It just broke a million. It's a quality game (not my fav Zelda, but critics love it) and yet it struggled? Why? Because November saw the release of CoD, and it sold tens of millions in weeks.

But I'm not mad at Activision. They are a business, and if the consumers keep buying the newest game, and your development costs are next to none (besides salary for employees and managing servers, and desigined a few maps, they do nothing all year) then you would be stupid not to release a game yearly that is so profitable.

No, I am mad at the 8-20 year olds who buy this game yearly even though it's the same game (how parents let their 12 year olds get this game is beyond me, but even if I were to enjoy CoD, it would be impossible with 12 year olds carp talking like keyboard warriors, knowing they can't be punished physically for their remarks".

Edited by Tenkay23, 07 February 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

That's just it. They charge $15 for DLC when the whole game itself should be that price. It's the same game engine from 2007, and it's the third game in the MW franchise (sixth if you count the black ops). People are paying $60 a year for essentially a map pack with a couple new weapons and 4 hour single player campaign. No graphical updates, no tweaks, no improvements that a sequel should have. I would totally be fine with CoD if they released Modern Warfare in 2007, and provided yearly map and weapon packs and maybe new modes through DLC at prices ranging from $5-15.

CoD's success is ruining actual original IP's because now some devs are scared to try something new if it will just be overshadowed by all the DudeBro shooters.

Skyward Sword is the lowest selling Zelda so far. It just broke a million. It's a quality game (not my fav Zelda, but critics love it) and yet it struggled? Why? Because November saw the release of CoD, and it sold tens of millions in weeks.

But I'm not mad at Activision. They are a business, and if the consumers keep buying the newest game, and your development costs are next to none (besides salary for employees and managing servers, and desigined a few maps, they do nothing all year) then you would be stupid not to release a game yearly that is so profitable.

No, I am mad at the 8-20 year olds who buy this game yearly even though it's the same game (how parents let their 12 year olds get this game is beyond me, but even if I were to enjoy CoD, it would be impossible with 12 year olds carp talking like keyboard warriors, knowing they can't be punished physically for their remarks".

Actually, Skyward Sword is fastest selling Zelda. as of the end of January, it sold close to 4 million.

Otherwise, I completely agree. But just wait, our CoD Fan(Boy) will be here shortly, coming in to tell us we are wrong and that Call of Duty isn't just the same game regurgitated every year.

#13 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I think its because I find leveling up and online multiplayer VERY addicting.

The story was also nice, it was kind of like Modern Warfare, as the name implies.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

I think its because I find leveling up and online multiplayer VERY addicting.

The story was also nice, it was kind of like Modern Warfare, as the name implies.

Well, Actually it's not like it at all.
http://www.screwatta...dern-war-crimes

That video shows how unrealistic Modern Warfare actually is.

#15 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Actually, Skyward Sword is fastest selling Zelda. as of the end of January, it sold close to 4 million.

Otherwise, I completely agree. But just wait, our CoD Fan(Boy) will be here shortly, coming in to tell us we are wrong and that Call of Duty isn't just the same game regurgitated every year.

Nvm I confused it with the 1 million Ocarina 3D sold lol.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ehh, it's pretty boring for me like most First-Person shooters. I couldn't care less about it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

This video shows how unrealistic Zelda: Skyward Sword is.

#18 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

I've played COD, I've just never PLAYED COD. I don't own it due to overprotective parent syndrome(Namely, my Mom's) And my older brother HATES the game with a passion.(Not as bad as my twins hate on Angry Birds, a conversation for another time.)

So I can't really say if I like it or hate it.

I will however say that it's impact is for sure a negative one.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

This video shows how unrealistic Zelda: Skyward Sword is.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Subtle mate, VERY subtle. <_<

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Nvm I confused it with the 1 million Ocarina 3D sold lol.

Last I checked, Zelda Dungeon said that Ocarina of Time 3D has sold over 3 million. You also have to keep in mind that the 3DS is a newer system.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!