35 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I really disagree, do you live in America because I do. They should be able not to vote because maybe someone they like isn't running.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 17 February 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#3 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

I disagree, you actually have to live here to understand it.. I mean yeah the extremists are getting publicity but its anti publicity.. Most good Americans don't want to make fools of themselves in front of millions of people..

Posted Image

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Voting wont change things. Besides, America is supposed to allow extremist ideologies and their followings will always be large. Obama was actually voted in by "the minorities" or the people who aren't rich and white, but he was just like any other president. There are no candidates for a working middle class, only rich people, minority groups(but not really), business men, and extremists. A main issue is that politicians and rich people are not connected to society, their standards of living are much higher. They own vacation homes and live extravagantly while regular people struggle to make it through life.
Our system is corrupt and the only real way out is through a complete governmental overhaul. The only way to do that is by cheating the system, lying/deceiving, actual technological assault, empower the people, a sudden wind of logic/common sense, and/or a revolution(probably violent).

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Why is it always NinjaShock who posts American topics?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Lol, I'm interested in how America is different from Australia - that's why I make these threads :D And this thread is about how America could (in my opinion) benefit from following Australia's example, not that it would happen anytime soon.

How about Australia follow the American example of having an 'adult' game rating system. :D

If only they would focus more on the R18+ system than the bloody carbon tax a.k.a "The Breathing Tax"!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

In my opinion, not voting is better than having to vote for someone you don't like, and that is something that is guaranteed to happen (at least if your me). Another problem with the democratic system is that it lets people choose their own leader. Now please don't take this the wrong way, but I generally consider all of society to be completely stupid (please excuse my vile language) . Therefore, society will choose someone to lead them who is also rather stupid. I think we would all be better off if I just ruled the world and everybody just lets me brainwash them. Sound good? :D

But enough about American politics, let's talk about Canadian politics. We all know that's where the real action is, because Canada is the MOST INTERESTINGEST COUNTRY EVAR! At least until I can afford to move that is.

Please to be not taking this post too seriously as I am rather tired and don't really know what I'm saying. Thank you.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#9 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, becoming more like America is like.... making it so that you had to be 21 to legally drink.

I don't think our government would survive a decision like that.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

the ability not to vote is vital, it is a form of protest, it allows people to show that the establishment isnt producing good enough candidates. the real biggest flaw in US democracy is the private federal reserve, it contolls the US's money, and its private!! i mean WTF!?!? it basically allows the people who own it to do whatever they want with the country, vote ron paul to audit the fed!!
Posted Image

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

ok ninja so you think everyone will want to go out and vote every year ? it just doesnt work. not everyone is into politics . i understand that voting for president is very important, but how are you supposed to force everyone of age to vote arrest them? lol idk it just doesnt make since. but i undertstand your point though

Signature_Fox.png

#13 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

You know whats so interesting about politics? nothing.

Posted Image

#14 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

I disagree. Voting is optional in the UK too and I don't think making it compulsory would solve any problems. A lot of people have no interest in politics and I don't see much point in those people voting.

#15 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

I disagree. Voting is optional in the UK too and I don't think making it compulsory would solve any problems. A lot of people have no interest in politics and I don't see much point in those people voting.

OH MY GOD.
YOU ARE ALIVE?
I seriously haven't seen you around dude.

ON TOPIC-
Even if live in America, I don't care that much, maybe it's because I'm young or ignorant.

I don't really think I'm ignorant but who knows.

Edited by KeyBladeWielder, 18 February 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

#16 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm glad I won't have to vote when I'm older.

Politics is singlehandedly the most boring thing in known to mankind.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

I really disagree, do you live in America because I do. They should be able not to vote because maybe someone they like isn't running.

Then vote for the other people?
Or spoil your vote?

It's my personal opinion that people should take voting and politics more seriously, but I don't see that ever happening.
All people see are politicians lying, or the scandals. They refuse to see their tax money being spent making the roads they drive on, or the internet cable laid years ago for them to use today.
But still, if you don't care enough to vote now, making you vote will only make things worse, so there's no point making people vote when they don't want to.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

All people see are politicians lying, or the scandals. They refuse to see their tax money being spent making the roads they drive on, or the internet cable laid years ago for them to use today.

Because there are so many clauses people don't notice. There was recently a bill somewhere that said tax money would go to libraries... if another sports stadium could be built. Sports Stadiums wreck the economic status of their surroundings and keep money rather than putting it back into the economy.
I would vote if they actually had our best interest in mind, not to trick us and make money.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

That's America's Senate tacking on items to bills.
You can fight against that by asking your candidates about their stance on that when they call to you when you're electing them.
Spread the question enough so that it becomes an issue, and there might be change.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Because there are so many clauses people don't notice. There was recently a bill somewhere that said tax money would go to libraries... if another sports stadium could be built. Sports Stadiums wreck the economic status of their surroundings and keep money rather than putting it back into the economy.
I would vote if they actually had our best interest in mind, not to trick us and make money.

I disagree about sports stadiums being built. Projects such as sports stadiums create a lot of jobs and local businesses such as shops and restaurants benefit from the the thousands of sports fans that come to the area for events. Anyway, I see your point about the number of bills that are passed with unmentioned clauses, although I agree with Nollog that most people tend to focus on the bad things regarding politics and often ignore the benefits of government spending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!