#1 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Im shocked by this....
Click here
Nintendo admits its Wii U highlight reel was spiced up with PS3 and Xbox 360 footage
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#2 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

It was only the third-party games, though; the ones like the bird at the hanami (cherry blossom place), the Zelda one, and any first-party games are the ones ran on the Wii U.

#3 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Darksiders II has been confirmed to be running under the Wii U hardware, and the development team managed to successfully port it about 5 weeks.

Personally, I don't think this as bad as E3 2005, where the Xbox 360 demos were running on a pair of Apple's Powermac G5 systems. Microsoft got a lot of flak for it, giving the public the idea the system wasn't going to be a huge leap over the Xbox. I think most of you remember Sony's Ken Kutaragi calling it Xbox 1.5.

Edited by Biohazard, 11 June 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#4 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

It was only the third-party games, though; the ones like the bird at the hanami (cherry blossom place), the Zelda one, and any first-party games are the ones ran on the Wii U.

There actually weren't any first party games for the Wii U this E3. Battle Mii, Chase Mii, Super Mario Mii, ext were merely prove of concept demos for the functions of the controller not actual games or prototypes of games in production.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

I don't think that calling it "Nintendo's First Fail" is really fair. You're forgetting the Virtual Boy. :P

Anyway, I think that Nintendo should have been open about using Xbox and PS3 footage or just used Wii U footage, but I don't think it's really a big deal.

#6 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

The PS360 fanboys ranting about the "inferior" graphics only proved they don't like their own systems. NeoGAF is quite a funny place thanks to these ridiculous fanboys.

Posted Image

#7 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

It's not really a fail per say but Aliens and Darksiders were both reported to have been running on it perfectly so why didn't Nintendo let them show the footage?
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

It's not really a fail per say but Aliens and Darksiders were both reported to have been running on it perfectly so why didn't Nintendo let them show the footage?

Maybe they wanted the fanboys to look stupid?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'm not sure how this is exactly a fail. I'd rather wait until more games represent the power of the Wii-U.

What is a fail is only being able to use one Wii-U controller at a time, at least from what I've heard.

Edited by Limelight788, 12 June 2011 - 07:16 PM.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#10 Giazmofreak

Giazmofreak

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

Darksiders took only 5 weeks?
Nice

#11 SaltyMeatballs

SaltyMeatballs

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

It's understandable.

#12 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

they weren't keeping this a secret at all
in an interview right when it ended they said it was running in the 360/ps3 engine

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

I'm not sure how this can be considered a fail.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 kwokings033

kwokings033

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

Was the cherry blossom flower video running on realtime????

#15 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

I don't get how this is a fail.

#16 Muramasa

Muramasa

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

Well I thought it was pretty obvious there weren't running on the WiiU.

#17 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Was the cherry blossom flower video running on realtime????

It was running at real time.

I don't really consider it a fail since this seems quite common as companies show of footage of games from one version of the game to advertise for all the versions.

Edited by zxride64, 14 June 2011 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#18 raney150

raney150

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

Well the games are undoubtedly not ready yet. Probably still earlyish in development.

#19 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

The best thing about this is that people were saying that the graphics from those games they showed weren't up to par with XPS360. We've seen a glimpse of what the machine can do though, and Unreal Engine 3 is running fine on it, CryEngine is basically running on it as well (not sure if its 2 or 3). We should know by now the Wii U is going to pump out some amazing looking titles.
Also, as I keep saying, go have a look at some Xbox 360 launch titles and then look at what they are releasing now. If Wii u games are looking similar (and I believe they will look quite noticeably better) at the launch of the system to other consoles, than just imagine what they will look like 2-3 years down the line, when developers start getting the most out the system.

OT a bit, has anyone heard anything about that Tokyo street footage yet? The one IGN said was "lights years ahead of the hawk demo".

#20 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

Do you guys really care if they show oth console gameplay? Like the Wii U isn't planned to come out for another year! Do you really think third party publishers really had enough time to crank out enough of a full game to display? Now, let's get serious. That trailer wasnt to show how powerful, or how good the new console games look, it was to show what games were coming to the Wii u. It's different, not a mistake
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!