Photo

Zelda Demo 15% of What WiiU is capable of?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

True. But also being 10x could lead to major overheating.

Yeah so I'm gonna guess its a little less than that due to his bragging and over exaggeration

Posted Image

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

As much as I doubt he was talking about the graphical capabilities, I would be gobsmacked if he was!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Um dude. Those Zelda and Bird tech demoes are better than any PS3 and 360 game thus far. I don't see how you can make those look 10x better.

Its simple. The bird in the Japanese Garden Demo will come through your TV and land in your living room. A portal will be made on your TV screen...

P.S dont play Shooters or bullets will come out of your TV...
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#24 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

If this is Zelda, I can't wait to see what Mario Kart looks like.

#25 Josephus

Josephus

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

It seems the "HD Experience" (=Zelda-Demo) was rendered in 720p without AA and at 30 fps. Source.
Since I personally hope (and regard it likely) for a native 1080p-output in the 8th console generation, you can conclude the graphics of the "HD-Experience" are the absolute maximum of what can be achieved in a WiiU game. Even if they change the hardware for the better (which nobody knows for sure); a real game is more difficult to compute than a demo.

By the way, some people seemed confused with the rumour about the WiiU's strength compared to the Xbox Trinity. It was said the Xbox would be 20% stronger than the WiiU.

Edited by Josephus, 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#26 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

It seems the "HD Experience" (=Zelda-Demo) was rendered in 720p without AA and at 30 fps. Source.
Since I personally hope (and regard it likely) for a native 1080p-output in the 8th console generation, you can conclude the graphics of the "HD-Experience" are the absolute maximum of what can be achieved in a WiiU game. Even if they change the hardware for the better (which nobody knows for sure); a real game is more difficult to compute than a demo.

Also, some people seemed confused with the rumour about the WiiU's strength compared to the Xbox Trinity. It was said the Xbox would be 20% stronger than the WiiU.

WII U has native 1080p, I can't remember the source, but I KNOW it has it. And I want to point out that the Zelda demo was rushed to production.(It took them 3 months to make the thing, and they weren't even going to make it, but then the rumors came along.)

Also, we know that the rumor is that it's 20% less powerful, but the only thing they said to prove that was the GPU, and when we compared it ourselves, we found the Wii U to be superior.

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 23 February 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#27 Josephus

Josephus

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Also, we know that the rumor is that it's 20% less powerful, but the only thing they said to prove that was the GPU, and when we compared it ourselves, we found the Wii U to be superior.

I am not completely sure what you want to say with this sentence (with no intention of being offensive, I actually don't see the crucial point in your whole post at all), but for clarification: With "some people" I was specifically referring to "nl0...". And of course, this is just a rumour ;) , one I personally regard as made up out of thin air.

@ Your point of a rushed our demo: Are you implying that, with more optimization, they could have run the very same demo (720p, 30fps) at - let's say - 60 fps?
Even then, you would have a stuttering framerate at 1080p and a bit AA. The framerate would be even lower (since entirely unplayable) for a real game with the shown quality. That is why I meant

the graphics of the "HD-Experience" are the absolute maximum of what can be achieved in a WiiU game.

#28 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I think what he meant to say was that the demo was rushed so it didn't show off what the Wii U is truly capable of.

Edited by Caius, 23 February 2012 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#29 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

By the way, some people seemed confused with the rumour about the WiiU's strength compared to the Xbox Trinity. It was said the Xbox would be 20% stronger than the WiiU.

The Zelda demo was rendered with the under-clocked version of the Wii U, though, so I don't think that's quite the max of the Wii U.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#30 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think what he meant to say was that the demo was rushed so it didn't show off what the Wii U is truly capable of.

^^^This
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#31 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

The Zelda demo was rendered with the under-clocked version of the Wii U, though, so I don't think that's quite the max of the Wii U.

This is also a good point to make.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#32 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

That makes a LOT of sense. If they had enough time to work on a demo for a good amount of time they would probably have gone with a realistic Zelda approach.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#33 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

all zelda tech demo's in the past have been massively out shined by the final product.
Reggie's quote refers to the capabilities of the entire machine, online experience, social media, gameplay experience, not just graphics.
That said though; I know this picture has been shown a lot more on this forum but just for reference or in case you missed it:
Posted Image

#34 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I think it's pretty clear that nothing at E3 2011 was a true representation of what to expect for Wii U. The system is pretty much still a work in progress, though I'd imagine they're just adding the finishing touches right now. It's quite possible that the Wii U that the Zelda HD demo was made for was just above 360/PS3 specs, but we've heard from several sources that Nintendo has been beefing up the hardware since then. IMO we're just going to have to wait until E3 2012 when they show off actual first party games before we start making assumptions about the graphics.

Posted Image

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Was that said at/after e3?
If so, that was Reggie saying that's only "a small portion of what we've got in store".
You might also be confusing this with the more recent rumour of the Wii U's power difference with Microsoft's new console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5XREKd6UcI#t=23s
There we go.

Also, nobody has ever said officially that the Wii U runs in native 1080p, the only mention of 1080p is as one of the output options for display.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

http://www.youtube.c...XREKd6UcI#t=23s
There we go.

Also, nobody has ever said officially that the Wii U runs in native 1080p, the only mention of 1080p is as one of the output options for display.

Reggie said the Wii U will produce the best graphics available, that sounds like native 1080p.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Graphics have nothing to do with resolution.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Reggie said the Wii U will produce the best graphics available, that sounds like native 1080p.

yah thats what i thought too

and i have to kinda disagree with you Nollog. i honestly doubt the wii u can run in 240 p resolution XD

Signature_Fox.png

#39 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

yah thats what i thought too

and i have to kinda disagree with you Nollog. i honestly doubt the wii u can run in 240 p resolution XD

'
You could if you want since it can produce higher than 240p than it can be lowered to 240p and Nollog is right graphics are not the same as resolution I can play quake 2 in 1080p on my computer does that mean it graphics are better than most 360 /ps3 games because they run in 720p or lower in cases.

#40 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

'
You could if you want since it can produce higher than 240p than it can be lowered to 240p and Nollog is right graphics are not the same as resolution I can play quake 2 in 1080p on my computer does that mean it graphics are better than most 360 /ps3 games because they run in 720p or lower in cases.

i know it's not the same , i was saying that graphics do work with the resolutions of a console though .
also im sure that on the specs for wii u it does 480i to 1080p. no mention of 240p so i didn't know .

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!