#1 Rossyboi22

Rossyboi22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wario, Tour Guide BARBIE :3! And Mario

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm kind of new here but what do you guys think?

Will Nintendo Network, Nintendo's new online service cost money in order to play online and stuff like the 360 does with Live now?

I hope not :(

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Nope.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'd pay up to 3 euro a month for it, but I don't think they'll charge.
If I did pay, even 1 cent a year, I'd expect a super-robust, easy to use, better-than-xbox-live system.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Doubtful.... but charging is an option they must at least discuss. I hope it is free.

#5 Aivant

Aivant

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think they are probably gonna make it so that most features are free but there are some extra things where you could pay......maybe its like for somethings, you pay once and you can have it forever.
Posted Image

#6 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

doubtful...it's Nintendo
Posted Image

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Paying for things such as an online service is not something Nintendo would do. It's just not.......them.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Paying for things such as an online service is not something Nintendo would do. It's just not.......them.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Satellaview
I can't find the subscription fee, but there was one.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Nintendo_64DD
2,500 yen/month

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, I don't think they'll charge for online features like multiplayer n stuff, but of course, things like DLC and map packs will cost some money.
Although, I'm not too sure Nintendo is really keen on the idea of extra DLC for customers to purchase for their franchise games.

I remember reading that somewhere...

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

You pay for the console, you pay for the game, but if you want to play the game online, you pay even more? I don't like that, and I certainly know Nintendo won't do it. I think they would have at least hinted at some kind of fee by now, but they haven't so, I think it is going to be free.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

every company that charges online fees, even in MMO's, its not because it cost them anything, but because they want to drain your pocket... stealing us

Technology now is so forwrd, that anybody can have a game server with 0 cost, Especially these company's..

as for individual games, I think not also.. For example, we got many rumors speaking about massive mmos on WII U... Take an example the company " ARENANET" and the upcoming mmo Guild wars 2... Its free play, you just buy the original game and no monthly fees at all, and it has superior security level than world of warcraft, that people pay 27 euro per 2 months... lol

PS: world of warcraft cost me about 2300 euros till to date, but YES... I quited it 4 months ago.. I feel so happy and sad about it, I could buy a brand new high end PC with this money.. lol

Edited by Orion, 19 March 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

every company that charges online fees, even in MMO's, its not because it cost them anything, but because they want to drain your pocket... stealing us

:3

Technology now is so forwrd, that anybody can have a game server with 0 cost, Especially these company's..

That's silly.
Servers cost a lot, and a lot more to upkeep.
For example, the server I rent costs 50 euro/month, and it's one of the cheapest out there.

When you're serving a few hundred people all paying 25 euro a month, you could say you're making a tidy profit, but then you look at the bandwidth usage and realise you're paying through the nose.

Take an example the company " ARENANET" and the upcoming mmo Guild wars 2... Its free play, you just buy the original game and no monthly fees at all, and it has superior security level than world of warcraft, that people pay 27 euro per 2 months... lol

The F2P model is paid for by users buying in-game items, rather than paying for playing.
And don't you think a way to beat your competition would be to undercut their pay monthly charges?
They're stealing you in other ways now. :(

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

If Nintendo did have you pay for the online service, I would hope that they would do the smart thing and offer a lifetime account option as well.

That being said, I highly doubt it would ever come to that.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

sorry, but servers cost 0 money for this companys, whatever you say... If you search over the internet, how much this companys pay for their servers, you will find that this costs NOTHING.. zero money..

Even arenanet that I mentioned before, stated that. That the reason they dont add fees in their MMO's, is that does not cost anything to them... As for the customer representatives, either ways, they are there from the first place, they dont get extra bucks for it..

When you said you pay 50 euro per month, you mean, renting a space on the internet? fee? well imagine that game company's got their own... lol Another example is EA with swotor.. They charge the same money as wow does... And guess what, nothing from this money goes to the servers.

When originally the game came out, it cost them a lot of money, as they invested alot in the sound quality of the game (lol), I mean alot.. and the speculation was, if they can keep up to 4 months, 2 million customers, they could repay all this debt... Well they made it... Now they got profit.

As for the game servers, each company got franchise and/or official distributors... Each one have a couple of servers, that is already is written in their contracts, also marketing, etc.. so Its country got its own server for xbox, ps3, nintendo, etc..

Edited by Orion, 19 March 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#15 Furhantomp

Furhantomp

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom hearts, Fire emblem, Zelda.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think I remember Iwata saying something along the lines of "charging a monthly fee doesn't seem like a very Nintendo thing to do."
But I'm not 100% on that.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I remember that also... Only microsoft does that for their gamers... I think ps3 is free is it? (never bought a ps3) I paid almost a year in total, on xbox360, but when I tried to remove my card from my account, Microsoft does not allow you!! And they kept taking money from it!! lol .... So I took all the money from the card, and case closed.. lol I have to play xbox360 more than 2 years now.. :)

Edited by Orion, 19 March 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

When you said you pay 50 euro per month, you mean, renting a space on the internet? fee? well imagine that game company's got their own... lol Another example is EA with swotor.. They charge the same money as wow does... And guess what, nothing from this money goes to the servers.

When originally the game came out, it cost them a lot of money, as they invested alot in the sound quality of the game (lol), I mean alot.. and the speculation was, if they can keep up to 4 months, 2 million customers, they could repay all this debt... Well they made it... Now they got profit.

As for the game servers, each company got franchise and/or official distributors... Each one have a couple of servers, that is already is written in their contracts, also marketing, etc.. so Its country got its own server for xbox, ps3, nintendo, etc..

I rent a dedicated server in a data-centre in Europe.
It's pretty low spec.

Game servers require a lot better spec than what I have, and a lot more servers, electricity, bandwidth, hardware, technicians to keep everything in check.
Sure big companies get discounts on large orders, but they also pay a premium on keeping things in check, because if you're paying a fee and your game goes down for even 5 minutes, you'll be annoyed.

Part of your subscription fees go toward upkeep of data-centres and servers, and another part toward development costs of new content and bug fixes to the current game.

To say "0" is wrong, it's only a small portion of your fee that goes to paying server costs, absolutely.
But they're a business, they're in it to profit from you.
If you're no longer willing to pay the fee, they lose your business.
I agree it's a model based on making money on people's complacency.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Darkcloud 1983 already leaked that we wont have to pay

Posted Image

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Darkcloud 1983 already leaked that we wont have to pay

http://www.youtube.c...PV8Nu-nsq4Ps%3D

I don't know why, but I trust him.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

I'd pay up to 3 euro a month for it, but I don't think they'll charge.
If I did pay, even 1 cent a year, I'd expect a super-robust, easy to use, better-than-xbox-live system.

i can almost gaurantee it will be better . just think about how nintendo is taking notes on psn and xbox live so it will probably have good features from both with extra stuff from nintendo themselves.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!