#41 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I would bet Ninty will stick with the free online MO.

#42 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

I wonder, I saw few days ago, a leak about new games on Wii U, and world of warcraft is going to be transferred on Wii U.. Are they going to leech money 13 euro per month for it? I believe world of warcraft is to old to be transferred for pay for play system... I mean TOOOO old..

if that happens, I dont doubt that nintendo will have to take some advantage from it. Is it? Why they didnt pick Guild wars 2, that is free play and fits Nintendos free play network... much better graphics, etc.. I hope I would be able to transfer my account at least, on wii U (My wow account) and play for free.. lol

I would play wow again, BUT ONLY FREE this time.. After all its sooo greedy game, the only thing we do is to farm epics by doing pvp and get points.. lol It lost its magic long ago.

Look how guild wars 2 looks, wow is away to behind, looks like tetris compared to guild wars 2.. http://youtu.be/Em0Sd60iI2w?hd=1 Lets push them to make a deal with this game too!

Edited by Orion, 24 March 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#43 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

I don't know why, but I trust him.

I trust Darkcloud1983. I've been following him since his first video. So far his 'rumour' and 'leak' accuracy record has been almost flawless.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#44 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

LOL today I unsubscribed from darkcloud, he is horrible! Have you seen his latest videos? He sounds like a victim of economic system.. lol! he is fighting with another utube channeler and what he says, it is just unbelievable. Reflects to all the people who watching his videos.. Because in a point says "if you cant buy the stuff I CAN buy, or you waiting a year to do so, for one just single product, your just a piece of #$##" he said something like that.. I mean is horrible.. dont advertise him, he is NOT SUITABLE for kids or work.. lol He tells us in generall, that he is not doing what he is doing for the people, but because "he can" and "he has money" and probably to get lots of views and get money from advertisements... and...so, my English are not good enough to describe it with nice words.. so lets forget about him.. very un respectful to the people..

do not watch if you are sensitive or under aged.. lol better dont advertise this people... He flipped because of money...

Edited by Orion, 17 April 2012 - 03:32 AM.

#45 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

As long as it includes user names, friends list, voice chat, a messaging system and all that other good stuff I'll be fine with it. It'd be cool if Nintendo could take some tips from Steam and have instantly changable display names, community groups etc. as well.

Yeah, see, this is what actually makes me WANT a pay service. I agree that Nintendo will most likely NOT charge for a unified online service... but what this leaves open (and what some of Ninty's own comments and the comments from EA have seemed to indicate) is that the online play component will be fragmented into a plethora of individual services on a company-by-company basis, some charging and some not. In Japan, Monster Hunter Tri has its own subscription fee for online play, and other games have fees of their own... it's the 'friend code' headache all over again, but this time one that potentially involves me subscribing to a different service every time I want to play a new game online... and if I have to pay $5-10 USD to get a robust, intuitive, unified online experience, so be it.

No i dont think they will charge.

With that being said i find it to be rather annoying that everybody wants nintendo to have a better online service then xbox live and psn yet they arent willing to pay.

this. people are used to receiving robust social networking services for free, and I get the feeling of not quite being certain about what Xbox is actually selling you with the Live service... but really, a clean, intuitive interface that brings all gaming and media services together under one gamer ID? It's a valuable service to me, at least.

#46 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ha forgot I already posted on this.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 17 April 2012 - 12:32 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#47 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

LOL today I unsubscribed from darkcloud, he is horrible! Have you seen his latest videos? He sounds like a victim of economic system.. lol! he is fighting with another utube channeler and what he says, it is just unbelievable. Reflects to all the people who watching his videos.. Because in a point says "if you cant buy the stuff I CAN buy, or you waiting a year to do so, for one just single product, your just a piece of #$##" he said something like that.. I mean is horrible.. dont advertise him, he is NOT SUITABLE for kids or work.. lol He tells us in generall, that he is not doing what he is doing for the people, but because "he can" and "he has money" and probably to get lots of views and get money from advertisements... and...so, my English are not good enough to describe it with nice words.. so lets forget about him.. very un respectful to the people..

do not watch if you are sensitive or under aged.. lol better dont advertise this people... He flipped because of money...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GI0MD453-o&feature=g-all-u&context=G2822632FAAAAAAAAIAA"]http://www.youtube.c...632FAAAAAAAAIAA[/url]

u saw this completely out of context XP he is angry because a dude on the internet has been fighting with him for a while, and recently that guy was extremely disrespectful to his wife and children, that's why he got angry
Posted Image

#48 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Spoiler

If you look at his comments, I commended also, I told him that he is horrible and un respectful to his subscribers.. and of-course I UN-subscribed. I never watch this kind of cheeky, strange, useless videos on youtube.. I subscribed because he was reviewing stuff.. And I saw this video because I thought it was a review.. oh dear.. I freaked out...

Edited by Orion, 17 April 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#49 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I doubt they're going to charge anything to play online, but if they did I'd welcome it. Perhaps then there'd be a few less idiots ruining the online experience (Mario Kart Wii is infested with cheaters these days).

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

<p>

<br />

Spoiler
<br />
<br />
If you look at his comments, I commended also, I told him that he is horrible and un respectful to his subscribers.. and of-course I UN-subscribed. I never watch this kind of cheeky, strange, useless videos on youtube.. I subscribed because he was reviewing stuff.. And I saw this video because I thought it was a review.. oh dear.. I freaked out...<br />

US is a big country. I say 25-30% of American's behave that way. But I never hear children in his videos.

#51 Zeus

Zeus

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Seeing as they didn't make us pay last time, and everyone complains about xbox live what do you think?
Posted Image

#52 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

The recent conference shows that they may be leaning towards the free route. Because it seems they set up Miiverse to be the perfect "word of mouth" thing so they don't need to pay for advertising. :P
Posted Image

#53 PrimedMetroid

PrimedMetroid

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mario, Kid Icarus, Deus Ex

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Steam is two times better than Xbox Live and PSN, and that is free. The question isn't if Nintendo Network can be compared to XBL or PSN (although that would be a great starting point), it's whenever it embraces why Steam is so freaking good: free, daily sales, large variety of games, solid voice chat, messaging, groups, etc etc.

Really, forget about paying for XBL when you have Steam for free. Come to think of it, the PC is better than the PS3 and 360 combined when it comes to online services. So start gaming on a PC with the definitive version of multiplats with the best controls, graphics, and online over the rundown versions on consoles, Wii U to be included. In essence, consoles should be used for exculsives, while the PC should have the online games.

In short, Nintendo needs at least a passable online service for those without a good PC, and at least 75% as good as PSN. However, gaming online on consoles isn't that great as compared to a PC. But judging on the eShop's huge leaps from June 2011 to now, I'm sure that Nintendo will bring out a better online service than the already-passable 3DS's. As long as it has the expected features of any online service (clans, voice chat, sales for games, etc), Nintendo Network will be just fine.
Howdy, I'm PrimedMetroid, and I'm about playing games and having a blast. Thank you and good night.

Wii U Friend Code: TBA
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993
Posted Image

#54 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Nintendo may provide a front end for their service but may rely on the developers & publishers to provide online play like the wii.

Its possible wii u games will have online codes provided with retail games and automatic online mode for downloaded games.

Same system as other consoles to try to motivate people not to buy pre-owned games.

I read somewhere that publishers are considering online codes provided with retail copies may have a 1 year lifespan but if you download your games its lifetime online access.

I prefer the scripted game experience anyway most of the time so I'm not really bothered how its done with the wii u. If they decide to lower retail prices of games but charge more for online gaming to be honest that would be my preference as it will cost me less.

#55 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wii u online is free, was said at investor conference yesterday

Posted Image

#56 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
this

A; On the Wii U's online service cost
Iwata said that he doesn't necessarily reject the idea of a paid service that allows not just Wii U but various other devices to connect to Nintendo Network. However, when considering Nintendo's users, a paid membership service is not the best approach. By having everyone use the Miiverse together, word of mouth will more easily spread. This will lead to greater hardware and software sales.

Edited by uh20, 28 June 2012 - 12:06 PM.

:laugh:

#57 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

My question is.......why didn't they at least say the words "Nintendo Network" at E3?

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#58 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

NEVARR!!! They'll NEVARR DO IT! Ya hear me!? I hope... I think it has been said before, but I'm not sure...
Posted Image

#59 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Nah, it'll be free.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#60 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

One thing that irritated me about Xbox live was that I hardly ever played online, but I had to pay for live just to buy games. :U

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!