Photo

Dislike Button or Disagree System

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Dislike Button (13 member(s) have cast votes)

After E3 doyou think this forum shoud have a dislike or disagree button?

1. Yes (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. No (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Dislike or Agree and Disagree?

1. Dislike (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Disagree Agree (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. None, this forum is fine. (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

People say there wiil be many trolls after E3. So we should add a dislike button or an agree/disagree system here. I know you guys are bronies but still we should have one. I understand if I.P boards dosen't have one. But if they do please add. I wanted to see how many people care so added a poll. So If somebody spams and the comment has more than maybe 25 dislikes it can be removed. If you have any other suggestions members please post them here it would helpp me out. I know this might not work very well that is why I need your help explaining and adding better ways to improve this idea so we can stop members who post foolish thing.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

That would be a great help against trolls, as long as they don't outnumber us. Maybe the mods would check heavily disliked posts before any others, and make the decision of removing the posts themselves, and banning for multiple trolling posts. That, along with a bigger mod team would make this a pretty secure site in my opinion. I'm not sure if i want the agree there though, it's debatable, so the mods could decide that if they decided to have this added, along with our opinions. (Sorry for speaking the obvious, but it could be true.)

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

The problem with a dislike button is that it's a feature which can easily be abused and there is the risk of some members being offended if their posts received dislikes. As far as I'm aware, IP.Board doesn't have a dislike button feature anyway.

As for trolls/spammers, the simplest way to deal with them is simply to use the report button and one of the moderating team will deal with it.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Well, isn't liking someone's post pretty much saying you agree with them?

But, yeah, I would like having an Agree and Dislike button or whatever. Besides, I know where I would use the dislike button now. It would be on those thread about the Wii U power. Also, I don't think this is going to happen though because I remember something about Feld0 saying he hated the idea and it caused to much controversial debates.

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Quoting Auzzie Wingman;

"So long as the owner of this site is a Brony, you will not see a dislike option."

(Somewhere across those lines.)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Quoting Auzzie Wingman;

"So long as the owner of this site is a Brony, you will not see a dislike option."

(Somewhere across those lines.)

Quoting what i said in this paraagraph.

"I know you guys are bronies but still we should have one."

-Sportsgamer

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

This is what posting is for.

You click the little textarea below all the posts and you start tying "I disagree, because..." and then you finish with the reasons you disagree.
It takes more time, but it encourages discussion, since it's a forum and all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

This is what posting is for.

You click the little textarea below all the posts and you start tying "I disagree, because..." and then you finish with the reasons you disagree.
It takes more time, but it encourages discussion, since it's a forum and all.

Well, we have a like button....
So your saying we should just quote and say I like this, instead?

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

A like is different to a dislike.
A like is saying "yes", a dislike is saying "no, I disagree because..."
Like reduces spammy replies.
Dislikes would discourage discussion.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#11 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

A like is different to a dislike.
A like is saying "yes", a dislike is saying "no, I disagree because..."
Like reduces spammy replies.
Dislikes would discourage discussion.

That is a good point, although maybe, just maybe a dislike button would help mods find inappropriate and/or trolling posts more easily.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

----> REPORT

Report people for doing stuff against the rules.
That should give mods a direct link to the post, and an outline written by you explaining why you think it's against the rules.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

----> REPORT

Report people for doing stuff against the rules.
That should give mods a direct link to the post, and an outline written by you explaining why you think it's against the rules.

You're actually right, although it somewhat does seem like a nice feature to have. It couldn't hurt too much, could it?

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I disagree, because like/dislike systems are rather annoying. All it will do is encourage dislikers to spam the button or to dislike liked posts.
*Insert everything else Nollog said here*

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I disagree, because like/dislike systems are rather annoying. All it will do is encourage dislikers to spam the button or to dislike liked posts.

You're right, I guess it probably wouldn't work. Although, maybe the mods could ban users if they're spamming it? It would require a much larger mod team though. Maybe in the far future, just maybe...

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also worth noting, Feld0 is a brony, so if he did make a dislike function, he'd have to stop liking ponies for a reason which doesn't make sense to me, but maybe a brony will explain.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Agreed. Hell someone on this forum already admitted that they would do that. Who it was exactly escaped my mind.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

I frequent a site that has both an upvote and downvote system. It can be easily abused (we had this contest where which of two people would reach first; Person A to +100 rep or Person B to -100 rep... obviously Person B won).

However, on that site in particular it doesn't faze anyone to get ripped on in posts. The kind of offensive material over there certainly wouldn't go through here.

A dislike button works on that site because well *laughs maniacally*... I mean no one gives two poops. Or three. It wouldn't work here because I'm just gonna take a guess and say some people are going to get mad they got even one (probably legit) dislike. It's going to cause unnecessary tension and flames and thunderbolt punches.

Everyone here is well behaved anyway.

Also, that brony thing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

I dislike dislikes. It will offend emotional users, and it just creates a bad feeling. A disliking something that's not nice. Of course, if you provide reasons and you're not trolling, it's OK. Besides, your point on trolls: they will dislike EVERYTHING.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, I guess you guys are right.
Maybe when the mod team gets a lot bigger or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!