Photo

What sort of touch screen will the WiiU use?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi guys

What sort of touchscreen would you like to see on the WiiU controller, i always found the DS touchscreen quite annoying because if i was trying to draw something and i happened to rest my palm accidentally on the screen then it would just draw a line halfway up the screen.

Hopefully they will go for something that is much more accurate and comfortable to use like the iPod touch screen, problem is that uses the electrical properties of the human body to allow the finger tracking to work.

There is a special type of stylus you can buy that will allow the iPod touch to pick it up. Also before you ask i have heard of Vivitouch, i don't know a lot about the technology but from what i know it sounds good, but will it come at a price?

Anyway just wanna know your opinions.

Oh and Happy Easter :)
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Actually the iPhone is pretty horrible I would like it to use at least the same technology as my bamboo tablet, but I don't know if it can. I think they said it will be the same as the DS don't know someone will have your answer. They didn't say much about the touch screen.

LordPickleton.png

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

a latest technology haptic touch screen that lets u feel textures when u touch it

http://mynintendonew...th-suggests-so/
Posted Image

#4 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

a latest technology haptic touch screen that lets u feel textures when u touch it

http://mynintendonew...th-suggests-so/

Not confirmed yet, but I hope it is put in it.

LordPickleton.png

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Not an ipod one those are bull.

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well, I like this Ds one but it needs improvements. I don't want to use a SPECIAL stylus.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

The DS touchscreen is the best for gaming.
Restive touch is inaccurate and laggy, multi-touch isn't something a console with buttons needs either.

Haptic feedback isn't really a type of touchscreen, it's more of another layer over the screen.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

there is a software part of it too, will it detect everything on the screen, or will it try to find a finger/stylus, and adjust the pinpoint marker, I use some homebrew on my tablet that replaces the touch resistance and diameter lower and it feels a ton better than having to force your whole finger on the surface
I also find it annoying sliding my finger across the body sensitive ones because of the small frictional zaps you get everytime you slide your finger across screen, your finger starts to get raw, so Stylus are definitely needed
:laugh:

#10 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm going for a multi touch vivid screen that is easy to clean and is not easily affected by finger prints and smudges

Posted Image

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm assuming it'll be a resistive touchscreen as you are able to use a stylus for it as seen in the Wii U Announcement trailer.
It would be awesome if it where a resistive, multi-touch, haptic touchscreen but I think I'm just asking for too much.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I want it to be like the Vita's touchscreen. As far as touchscreens go, it's pretty good.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

For all of you wanting iPod touch screens and what not, it's not going to happen. Ninty already CONFIRMED at E3 2011 that's it's going to be just a single-touch screen controller.
And Auzzie, I agree. #Vita FTW

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Single touch resistive, which is very outdated. The 3DS screen doesnt type very well, I much prefer that of phones. It works so much smoother. Multitouch could also add a lot.

The controller is still brilliant though.
No sig.

#15 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

If they could make it with Haptic touch screen that would be good But it would be great if they at least had Multi-touch not some old single touch resistive screen tech altho it looked pretty responsive e3 but sitl the tech is still old and outdated but i feel it was used to keep the cost down on this expensive controller.

#16 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

I agree, the smartphone touchscrens suck a lot, even galaxy S2 that I borrowed for months - the biggest issue here is the responsiveness and performance of the touch screen sensors, for gaming nintendo should know to prioritize this well, they have been historically making good controls compared to anything mobile.

But this needs senors as well as good controller behind it, i suppose this wont be an issue this time since the bandwidth will be really high performance compared to wiiremote and the speaker sound quality that was discussed on neogaf as being either crap speaker or low qualit output ... this tablet controller is i think a more beefier thing that actual tablet i think they shouldnt put cheap chinese chips in there, so thats my expectations, i want good audio too ... i will be disappointed if the audio is bad and the touchscreen not sensetive and accurate enough, but hopefully core games wont rely on the touch much.
Posted Image

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Believe me people, you do NOT want a capacitive touchscreen for gaming.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Single touch resistive, which is very outdated. The 3DS screen doesnt type very well, I much prefer that of phones. It works so much smoother. Multitouch could also add a lot.

The controller is still brilliant though.

You use a 3DS to game. Stop typing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

I really hope it's like the Samsung Note one. It's great cause you can use a stylus and it's multi touch.

28gxdv8.png

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

You use a 3DS to game. Stop typing.

Yeah true and it's still better than selecting letters with a controlstick so I shouldn't complain. It's just that resistive is kind of outdated and if you look at the demo games like the shuriken game, they used fingers to throw them, so it should be really smooth and you shouldn't have to actually press the screen to throw them, just touch it. It works fine for 3DS though, like selecting weapons in Mercenaries or items in OOT.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!