Wii U news incoming

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

So I don't know exactly what...YET! My contact in the industry just let me know he is going to very soon be able to release some things to me. I'm not sure how detailed it will be as nintendo isn't playing around with releasing info. But as soon as I get it I will update this post. Hoping for something good.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Where does she work?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I wish I had industry contacts...
Posted Image

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Wow. I can't wait!

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Dang, you have contacts? Awesome. I hope it's good news; or there is news.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

i didnt know you had insider contacts . thats awesome though ive been wanting some fresh news :)

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

HE works in the industry and knows a lot of studios. He recently went to PAX EAST. I'm not sure what he will tell but I'm down for anything. And the one thing is I know whatever he says is 100% legit. So ill take whatever info he has.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

The industry?
Meaning involved with a publisher?
Meaning involved with a developer?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

No wonder you always reveal exciting news.

#10 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

HE works in the industry and knows a lot of studios. He recently went to PAX EAST. I'm not sure what he will tell but I'm down for anything. And the one thing is I know whatever he says is 100% legit. So ill take whatever info he has.

i don't mean to sound like a hassle to you or your friend but how soon do you think he will share the news?

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well guess I don't know what soon is. Hopefully within the week. Truthdully I have been bugging him so much I'm surprised he wants to even give me anything. So I have to be patient and wait.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

I hope she tells you about the GPU and how many spu's it have.. stream processors..

#13 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

As if I didn't check this site often enough..... now I'm really not gonna have a life until you post your news!

#14 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Wow how it feels to be one of the first guys to know... *does ninja moves* AWESOME!!
Posted Image

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

How do I know it's not just bullcrap like most anonymous sources?
No sig.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

How do I know it's not just bullcrap like most anonymous sources?

Because he's a member of this forum and is accountable for his actions here.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmm alright then, I trust it.
No sig.

#18 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

I work making games as well but small indie stuff, and we haven't heard anything from Nintendo. I'm really hoping this changes soon. I'd love to put our games on the Wii U store or the eShop, but as they are right now they're incredibly inaccessible to develop for, not to mention expensive. I'm talking $2,000 up to $10,000 just for the dev kits! We'll stick to the iPhone and Android for now, thanks. On the flip side, Sony is fronting a great development suite so indie devs for the PS3 and Vita, which we're considering because it's cheap and easy. But, we'll see.

Posted Image

#19 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

I work making games as well but small indie stuff, and we haven't heard anything from Nintendo. I'm really hoping this changes soon. I'd love to put our games on the Wii U store or the eShop, but as they are right now they're incredibly inaccessible to develop for, not to mention expensive. I'm talking $2,000 up to $10,000 just for the dev kits! We'll stick to the iPhone and Android for now, thanks. On the flip side, Sony is fronting a great development suite so indie devs for the PS3 and Vita, which we're considering because it's cheap and easy. But, we'll see.

I don't know your company's financial situation, or what price point Wii U's standard will be for downloadable games, but let's say they are $0.99-$4.99 for your company's games (I say this bc you develop iOS and Andriod games). If Wii U eventually has a 10 million user base, and you get 1% of them to download ONE of your games, you would bring in $100,000 of revenue (if your company makes $1 per sale). That $2,000-$10,000 fee for a dev kit doesn't sound so bad to me, even with cheaper options bc you'd be widening your consumer base.

Edited by Fig, 11 April 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

^But not every one of the 10 million people will download his game.
No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!