#21 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

^But not every one of the 10 million people will download his game.

Yes but I said 1% of 10 million which is 100,000.... a very small percentage could bring in a lot of revenue.

#22 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

2000-10000 sounds very cheeky to me, to get a dev kit as a developer. Not only you bring them money, but they drain you as well? hmmm I thought nintendo needs 3rd partie, with this fees, nintendo sends home all the small developers. is it? small groups of developers, in their starting career, is wize to use this amount of money, to get equipment for their job, instead :)

Edited by Orion, 11 April 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#23 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

@TRON

Are you being legit or are you joking around?.

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

2000-10000 sounds very cheeky to me, to get a dev kit as a developer. Not only you bring them money, but they drain you as well? hmmm I thought nintendo needs 3rd partie, with this fees, nintendo sends home all the small developers. is it? small groups of developers, in their starting career, is wize to use this amount of money, to get equipment for their job, instead :)

2k is pretty cheap in my experience.

Comparing it to apple's model is hilarious to me though, so apples and nintendo's(oranges).

Edited by Nollog, 11 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

I dont buy apple.. lol.. They charge you the apple!!! And they sell you cheap hardware with 10x the original price.. lol And this ipad thing, looks very childish and expensive, The cat eat the apple.

Edited by Orion, 11 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Do you have any games on the app store? If so which ones.

I work making games as well but small indie stuff, and we haven't heard anything from Nintendo. I'm really hoping this changes soon. I'd love to put our games on the Wii U store or the eShop, but as they are right now they're incredibly inaccessible to develop for, not to mention expensive. I'm talking $2,000 up to $10,000 just for the dev kits! We'll stick to the iPhone and Android for now, thanks. On the flip side, Sony is fronting a great development suite so indie devs for the PS3 and Vita, which we're considering because it's cheap and easy. But, we'll see.

#27 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

I doubt that this 'contact' will actually tell you something true because if he does and Nintendo find out he'll likely to get fired.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#28 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Who are you DarkClouds brother lol? I dont really believe you.

So I don't know exactly what...YET! My contact in the industry just let me know he is going to very soon be able to release some things to me. I'm not sure how detailed it will be as nintendo isn't playing around with releasing info. But as soon as I get it I will update this post. Hoping for something good.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#29 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

if Nintendo were not lying when they said more 3rd party support earlier the dev kits in turn would be lowered in cost, rockalot
we do take rumors with (actually quite a lot) some salt, but bad talk about the Wiiu is better said when released with that info so we don't lose ground to trolls on the internet
aka:possibly you

Edited by uh20, 11 April 2012 - 08:36 PM.

:laugh:

#30 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

As promised here is what I found out from my associate. I really don't care if you guys believe me or not but here goes. My associate recently visted a 3rd party dev studio and got a chance to play the Wii U version of a 3rd party game launching in the launch window. There were reports that the NDA closed for 3rd party developers last month well that's not true. So they weren't able to tell him exact specs of the system. But this was his quote to me. "WII U IS A NEXT GEN SYSTEM FROM GRAPHICAL STANDPOINT DON'T WORRY". Now I have to let you guys know I have been bugging him for months now to find out the power of the system. So I totally believe him as we have a very good friendship/relationship. There it is... First hand from someone who has seen Wii U game and played it.... The system is next gen graphical machine.so let's end all the speculation until we see it for ourselves at E3.

#31 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

As promised here is what I found out from my associate. I really don't care if you guys believe me or not but here goes. My associate recently visted a 3rd party dev studio and got a chance to play the Wii U version of a 3rd party game launching in the launch window. There were reports that the NDA closed for 3rd party developers last month well that's not true. So they weren't able to tell him exact specs of the system. But this was his quote to me. "WII U IS A NEXT GEN SYSTEM FROM GRAPHICAL STANDPOINT DON'T WORRY". Now I have to let you guys know I have been bugging him for months now to find out the power of the system. So I totally believe him as we have a very good friendship/relationship. There it is... First hand from someone who has seen Wii U game and played it.... The system is next gen graphical machine.so let's end all the speculation until we see it for ourselves at E3.

Well if there is any truth to this than im happy that i wont need to purchase a second console any time soon next generation.

#32 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I really really hope that's right man! E3 can't come soon enough.
No sig.

#33 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Great! Thanks for the info man. Just curious, did he have fun playing the game?

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

so to make it more clear,

the information you took from your friend is, that wii U is a true next gen graphical system, and not a bridge or a road, or a highway.. lol.. ok thats good, but it would be nice, if you could learn a simple detail about it... If nintendo did change the GPU to a newer chipset (smaller with low power consumption, that performs better), or not.. This question is general, you dont ask, which chipset is that, or any spec info... It is already leaked by BEYOND3d and it would be nice if this information comes from 2 sources..

Edited by Orion, 17 April 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#35 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

if Nintendo were not lying when they said more 3rd party support earlier the dev kits in turn would be lowered in cost, rockalot
we do take rumors with (actually quite a lot) some salt, but bad talk about the Wiiu is better said when released with that info so we don't lose ground to trolls on the internet
aka:possibly you

What? Obviously I don't know the cost of development on the Wii U because Nintendo isn't dealing with smaller developers yet, the entire point of my post was to say that I hope they DO make it cheaper than their current model or change the model all together, because as a tiny development team we would LOVE to have our content on the 3DS for example, but we can't, because as a company we don't have the funds to back the opportunity to do so. On the other hand, we can upload something to the app store pretty much for free and Apple takes 30%, which in my opinion is a better system.

Please read what I've posted before you comment. I don't like being called a troll by someone who can't be bothered listening to other people before calling them out for something they haven't done. Troll.

Back on topic: I'm not surprised, TRON, but it's still a relief to hear :) I understand why your friend can't tell us more, I just can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to E3!

EDIT:

Do you have any games on the app store? If so which ones.

Currently no, but ask me again in a month and I'll have a different answer for you :) you can check out some of the work we've done for PC at www.rockinmoses.com but it's all pretty rough to be honest. Hopefully we have something that better shows our talents up and running soon!

Edited by Rockalot, 17 April 2012 - 03:30 AM.

Posted Image

#36 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

I'm not quick to believe your source, but it seems believable. I hope you understand.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#37 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

yay rumors, I don't want to believe it entirely but at least its starting to sound like its going from the (possibly,maybe, highly unlikely) rumors

also, what did I say earlier rockalot, yea, too many generalizations, I tend to do that a lot, so here's a non generalized apology
I'm sorry :3
oh wait, you didn't consider webOS for your shovelgames, whyyyyyyyyyy, :(

boy do I have no time to think through my posts these days, wound up from all the crap that came in last month
:laugh:

#38 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well like I said he asked the dev company on specifics on the specs but they couldn't give them as nintendo if found out could hang them dry... I respect that. Also I do have 100% proff that he did go to this dev studio. But to protect him more so I can't share that info. Like I said I don't care if you believe me but he is as honest and 100% as they come. He doesn't say things that aren't true

Edited by TRON, 17 April 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#39 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well like I said he asked the dev company on specifics on the specs but they couldn't give them as nintendo if found out could hang them dry... I respect that. Also I do have 100% proff that he did go to this dev studio. But to protect him more so I can't share that info. Like I said I don't care if you believe me but he is as honest and 100% as they come. He doesn't say things that aren't true

In relation to the 3rd party game he saw... Do we know about it yet, is it an already announced game? Has it been announced for other platforms, but not Wii U yet? Or is it something completely new and unknown?

It's alright if you don't know, but I'm just curious ^_^

Posted Image

#40 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Did he enjoy the game he tried out?

EDIT: Adding to what Deadly Virus just asked...

Edited by Fig, 17 April 2012 - 07:04 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!