Photo

Why do some people dislike the controller?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

People say it's a gimmick and they just want a normal controller, but why? It has all the buttons a cintroller need, no need to complain.
No sig.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Because it's different. That's the answer.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

They think it doesn't look cool enough or something?
No sig.

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'm not keen to be honest. It looks bulky and I don't really see the point for most games of having to look at 2 screens. I also worry about battery life and the inconvenience of it. I can see though that it will offer greater gameplay possibilities but I think most of those will be novelties that don't add much to games. I would of prefered the extra money was spent on making the wii U more powerful and have gone with a smaller controller. My interest in the wii U is really about playing the amazing first party Nintendo games.

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

They think it doesn't look cool enough or something?

Remember, being "cool" means to be part of what the majority respects, in this case traditional controllers such as the PS3 controller and 360 controller.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

They're afraid of change.
If they had it their way, we'd still be using:
Posted Image
What we've improved on by changing that design:
  • More face buttons.
  • Analog.
  • Shoulder buttons.
  • Wireless.
  • Ergonomics.
  • Battery Packs.
  • Rumble.
  • Touch screen.
  • IR pointer.
  • Extendible controller to connect other devices into it for differing play styles.
  • Camera.
  • Microphone.
  • Playing without a TV.

Edited by Nollog, 14 April 2012 - 06:20 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

because its uncertain what wii U will have inside, but we do know the controller sucks a % of wii U power, how about 2 of these... If we leave that aside, it is just fine and I love the idea playing with it, Everybody have his own reasons, you will never hear something specific to it..

Edited by Orion, 14 April 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#8 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Nollog and Joshua have it completely right. People are afraid of change. They'd complain about everything.
Posted Image

#9 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

People say it's a gimmick and they just want a normal controller, but why? It has all the buttons a cintroller need, no need to complain.

i say noobs

The controller is what everyone wants, classic hardcore controls for old school style gameplay. The only worry is the circle pad quality as people think it may be less precise and handling than the analog stick. Miyamoto actually said that the circle pads are not the same as on 3DS and they're better quality.

Edited by Stewox, 14 April 2012 - 07:03 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

I really like the controller myself. Somehow I always thought/hoped they would do this. But yeah, non-Nintendo fans dislike it because they just need a reason to hate on Nintendo.
No sig.

#11 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Cause people don't like change Example:Final Fantasy XIII.
Posted Image

#12 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nintendo is going to, once again, revolutionize gaming with their innovative controller. As usual, the other companies are going to follow suit.

One could argue that Nintendo didn't invent the tablet, but that's not the point.
They will be the first to have a console controller like this, and shortly after, you will see similar products from competitors. It's been like that since the beginning.

My only gripe with the Wii U controller is no analog trigz on the back. I really hope that changes.

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Nintendo is going to, once again, revolutionize gaming with their innovative controller. As usual, the other companies are going to follow suit.

One could argue that Nintendo didn't invent the tablet, but that's not the point.
They will be the first to have a console controller like this, and shortly after, you will see similar products from competitors. It's been like that since the beginning.

My only gripe with the Wii U controller is no analog trigz on the back. I really hope that changes.

Analog Triggers on the back?

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yeah now I know the triggers you are talking about, doesn't look like it will have them. They are good for racing games.

Analog Triggers on the back?

On a PS3 controller L2 and R2 Wii U looks like it just has normal buttons for them.

Edited by Cerberuz, 14 April 2012 - 12:03 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#15 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

1. Sony/Micro Fanboys:
Those people are annoying.... well.. they are fanboys, and all fanboys are like that no matter what company or franchise. They defend their system or series even though the console or game is horrible, and insult the company or franchise's rivals...
2. The price:

well.. we all know the controller is not gonna be cheap... so this is the only good reason to dislike it.
3. Nostalgia:
No need to explain... right?
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#16 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

They one thing I see missing is a mute button, but that might be on the screen. Imagine playing online and you have loud people around you. I don't think the people you are playing with would want to hear that horrible noise.

LordPickleton.png

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yeah now I know the triggers you are talking about, doesn't look like it will have them. They are good for racing games.

On a PS3 controller L2 and R2 Wii U looks like it just has normal buttons for them.

REALLY?
Aren't these triggers?
Posted Image

#18 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I don't know but for me the controller is fine. The only problem that I had with it, is that the controller is a power drain. Otherwise, I think the controller is more hardcore than the PS3 and Xbox 360 controller. Why? Because have all the buttons that these controllers have and have a touchscreen and you can play MMORPG games better than the other consoles. Is like a fusion of the consoles with the pc. Wii U king of the hardcore games(I hope) :D
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

REALLY?
Aren't these triggers?
Posted Image

They're more like buttons. I prefer GC/Xbox triggers because I don't like the ones on CCP that much too.
No sig.

#20 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

REALLY?
Aren't these triggers?

No, that is just a simplified button. It's not the final design, so we don't know if they will add them. I know it won't matter to you guys since you don't play racing games as much as me.

Like in Super Mario Sunshine the analog triggers let you release small amounts of water and gradually release more with the current button the Wii U has it will shoot the same amount of water every time.

Edited by Cerberuz, 14 April 2012 - 12:39 PM.

LordPickleton.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!