TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

<p>

<br />
What are you talking about? When I say &quot;hardcore gamer&quot; I am talking about people who LOVE graphics and play stricly games like COD and Gears and would never touch a Mario gameor a nintendo 1st party game. I want this system to have it all for everyone. It will have the great nintendo games from Mario to SSB to Zelda and it will also have Ghost Recon and COD and it will look good to. Come on, the graphics on the Wii were terrible for any games aside from nintendo 1st party titles. Anyone can sit here and say&quot; I dont care about graphics&quot; and thats fine but when you play MLB 2k11 or COD on there it looks like a game made in 2003. I just dont want people playing these games 2 years from now in 2014 and say wow..these games look like 2007. This is the one key thing Nintendo lacked. They have a chance to fix it<br />

A lot of this is false. A hardcore gamer is someone who games hardcore. What your saying is called a graphics whore.

COD and MLB 2k11 on wii don't look like they are from 2003, it's 2-3 years ahead of that.

And I'm tired of these type of threads, there has been so many. "WiiU has to be powerful" should be a status now.

They are not going to have 2007 graphics if you actually research, you can see at E3 it had 2009/10 technology, and will probably be updated. It will be fine.
#Endrant

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

More like someone who thinks in the past.

Games are made for consoles now.

Yeah just like Crysis was made for consoles.

LordPickleton.png

#23 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

I seriously don't care as long as the graphics are differ slightly.
Nintendo really needs third-party support, its crucial, First-party titles are great but i bet all of you feel disappointed on missing out on great games like Portal 2, The Witcher 2, COD, Battlefield, etc.
I don't really care a whole lot for COD but it should appear on this platform, theres no reason why it shouldn't.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#24 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Nintendo will satisfy.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yeah just like Crysis was made for consoles.

Exactly!
If you mean Crysis 1:
Proved my point, that was years ago.
If you meant Crysis 2:
Proved my point, that was the most recent entry in the series and under-performs on PC.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Geez sports gamer haha sorry my opinion is different. And noooo 2k 11 and cod look terrible. Awful. It's pretty bad. So yes. Graphics should be a lot better. All I'm saying

#27 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

More hardcore gamers own a Wii than a PS3.
More kids own an xbox360 than a PS3 or a Wii.

Exactly!
If you mean Crysis 1:
Proved my point, that was years ago.
If you meant Crysis 2:
Proved my point, that was the most recent entry in the series and under-performs on PC.

QFT

Edited by Stewox, 21 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Wait wait wait!

What kind of message are you trying to put here? That graphics are the very definition of a generation gap? Power, capabilities, multitasking and media services have jack all to do with it?!

SIR, I DEMAND A TOPIC NAME CHANGE! THIS IS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 Wii U freak&fan

Wii U freak&fan

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Link,Kirby,3DS,Wii U

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

More hardcore gamers own a Wii than a PS3.
More kids own an xbox360 than a PS3 or a Wii.

Let me guess,PS3 and Wii is for hardcore gamers
Xbox 360 is for kids,Xbox loses all!!!There are more facts,Wii and PS3 had motion control,Xbox has Kinect,PS3 is stronger than Xbox 360,Wii is for more fun XD Wii wins overall!
I'm very happy!
:)

#30 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Wait wait wait!

What kind of message are you trying to put here? That graphics are the very definition of a generation gap? Power, capabilities, multitasking and media services have jack all to do with it?!

SIR, I DEMAND A TOPIC NAME CHANGE! THIS IS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE!

I agree, the Wii U will be an 8th gen (or at the moment Next Gen) console no matter what the power of the hardware, it's bad enough that people still call the PS360 Next Gen still.

#31 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

The Wii U could be a NES/Gameboy combo and STILL be next gen, provided Nintendo said so.

Edited by Waller Cross, 21 April 2012 - 04:22 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#32 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

A next gen console won't give you never before seen graphics, a PC will.

Nope, all graphics intense games that is being made right now is made for consoles. Then they port them over to pc and just add the ability to add more AA or higher the res.

Look up a BF3 ps3 vs PC (ultra) comparison, it won't be a huge difference, just some higher res textures.

That is why we will get to see never seen before graphics in the next gen.

28gxdv8.png

#33 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Nope, all graphics intense games that is being made right now is made for consoles. Then they port them over to pc and just add the ability to add more AA or higher the res.

Look up a BF3 ps3 vs PC (ultra) comparison, it won't be a huge difference, just some higher res textures.

That is why we will get to see never seen before graphics in the next gen.

That is correct remember , the big game titles are made for consoles in mind and such the pc version almost never becomes something not recognizable from the console counterpart . Yes , they are PC exclusive but those are normally from indie devs that don't have the choice in the matter to make a great looking game so because of this situation Graphics don't advance much until the consoles are released with new specs to give big name devs the incentive to make the jump in graphics .

and example of that is 2 games Crysis and Witcher 2 Pc gamer lots of time uses these mainly crysis to show how much better the graphics are compared to consoles and yet both these game later are released on consoles and they are comparable and quite easily I mind you so those which were thought a leap was not a leap at all.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Let me guess,PS3 and Wii is for hardcore gamers
Xbox 360 is for kids,Xbox loses all!!!There are more facts,Wii and PS3 had motion control,Xbox has Kinect,PS3 is stronger than Xbox 360,Wii is for more fun XD Wii wins overall!

No, PS3's games are usually (not always) bad ports of 360 games because cell makes it too hard for software developers to give a poopy about making a game to take advantage of it, since all games now have to be multi-platform since the budgets are so redunk.
XBOX Live is a core feature of the 360 which attracts kids who want to play games with their friends who live across town etc.
PSN isn't up to xbl standard, since it's free.
Kinect is motion control.
Fun is subjective.
I was referencing old gamers = nintendo fans, kids = play shooters online.
There is middle-ground people, and they're the people you think nintendo has to win over.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Wii u is going to TRAMPLE 360 and ps3 . They are very old tech games look so watered down on those consoles compared to pc its like they are 1 generation behind or something lol. Wii u's gpu and cpu are supposedly more powerful than the xbox 3 and ps4 when compared Too so i dont understand people's logic about console power at this point. Wii u is a true next gen console and may evwn be the most powerful belive it or not .

Nintendos step up is already apparent and complete you just havent experienced it yet

Signature_Fox.png

#36 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Wii u is going to TRAMPLE 360 and ps3 . They are very old tech games look so watered down on those consoles compared to pc its like they are 1 generation behind or something lol. Wii u's gpu and cpu are supposedly more powerful than the xbox 3 and ps4 when compared Too so i dont understand people's logic about console power at this point. Wii u is a true next gen console and may evwn be the most powerful belive it or not .

Nintendos step up is already apparent and complete you just havent experienced it yet

No, compare bf3 pc ultra and bf3 ps3. Just some higher res textures and AA. I got bf3 on my pc and play at ultra. PC gaming is to expensive compared to console gaming. I built my computer for 3D stuff.

Edited by Hinkik, 22 April 2012 - 03:11 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Not all games! If a company creates an RTS game, THEY WILL NEVER PICK a current gen console or prev ones to built it.

RTS games require hard core AI, or else it will fail.. Wii U is capable as a today gen pc, for AI... so now we may see RTS games in consoles too... with Wii U as a starting point.

Also BF3 was actually built in PC and they downgraded it after for the consoles.

RTS---Real time strategy

I remember many many many years ago... EA released a lord of the rings RTS.. and it was SOOOOO easy, only online worthed to play...

Also Crisis if I am not mistaken.. Is a pc game and not a console game... Are u sure?? EA always choose pc for games who require AI system... COD is a console game and a failed one.. in the luck of AI

Edited by Orion, 22 April 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#38 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Not all games! If a company creates an RTS game, THEY WILL NEVER PICK a current gen console or prev ones to built it.

RTS games require hard core AI, or else it will fail.. Wii U is capable as a today gen pc, for AI... so now we may see RTS games in consoles too... with Wii U as a starting point.

Also BF3 was actually built in PC and they downgraded it after for the consoles.

RTS---Real time strategy

Well if that's true that means that PC gaming is a total waste.

28gxdv8.png

#39 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

its not a waste, developers find more interest to the consoles, because they work less and they earn more with imports.. lol

#40 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Dude you need to have faith in Nintendo. They were the king of the mountain every system before the Wii. They made a cheaper system (Wii) to test the idea of motion controls. They didnt want to test out something as big as that on a powerful system. Cause if the Wii was as powerful as the 360 and people hated the motion controlls then that would have hurt Nintendo alot. So they used the Wii as a test. People loved Motion controlls (People had to copy it) and now Nintendo implements them into a more powerful system. (Thats my thoughts on why the Wii was weaker anyway) Nintendo has been around since September 23rd 1889. They have lasted this long they will last forever. To not have faith in Nintendo and Wii U is to not be a fan of Nintendo. Zelda HD Demo and Japan Bird Garden Demo are more then the silly 360/PS3 can do and that was an early version of Wii U. There is nothing to worry about. Nintendo knows what its doing.

Nothing wrong with COD? That was a joke right? Cause I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Surprisingly, I am NOT as tired of this kind of earnest plea from gamers as I am from Ninty fanboys pretending that they don't know what people mean by "hardcore", and then insulting them or insinuating that they are immature for pointing out the obvious fact that the majority of people who spend money on and play games enthusiastically (in the US, at least) are FAR more excited about Xbox360 games than they are about Wii games.

COME ON... everyone knows that when someone says "hardcore gamer" they mean "gamer that likes the games that it is currently fashionable to like" - games like Call of Duty. And for whatever reason, these really are the games that people want, and the games that they will pay for. There is nothing inherently WRONG with liking Call of Duty - just like there is nothing inherently immature about preferring a beautiful, rich aesthetic experience to... well, what the Wii offers.

Now, if someone comes out and says "Skyward Sword is a terrible game, and its graphics suck... I much prefer Modern Warfare 3 because its graphics are better" then please go ahead and school them for their obvious inability to appreciate artistic styling and depth of play experience. Otherwise... can we please be charitable to the intention of the poster?

Graphics from Red Steel 1 and 2 were great and Mad World.

What are you talking about? When I say "hardcore gamer" I am talking about people who LOVE graphics and play stricly games like COD and Gears and would never touch a Mario gameor a nintendo 1st party game. I want this system to have it all for everyone. It will have the great nintendo games from Mario to SSB to Zelda and it will also have Ghost Recon and COD and it will look good to. Come on, the graphics on the Wii were terrible for any games aside from nintendo 1st party titles. Anyone can sit here and say" I dont care about graphics" and thats fine but when you play MLB 2k11 or COD on there it looks like a game made in 2003. I just dont want people playing these games 2 years from now in 2014 and say wow..these games look like 2007. This is the one key thing Nintendo lacked. They have a chance to fix it

More kids on COD and BF3 and Halo. More dudes from 16-25 ish who play Zelda on Wii.

To play what ? Wii Dance/Fit ? And where did you find this statement ?

I have a 360...Mainly only play Halo though lol. COD sucks. Gears of Bore sucks.

Why do people always seem to expect Nintendo consoles to have the least power? This is the first generation, If I am not mistaken, in which the Nintendo console has been the weakest.

Where I live, the Wii was regarded as the best console... At least, until 2009 when Modern Warfare 2 came out and the unholy power that drives people toward Call of Duty changed everything. I'm one of the very few people in my school who still play Wii, but I do have a PS3.
I have to ask though: why do people who have the PS3 and 360 ONLY play Call of Duty without even touching the great exclusives like Ratchet, Jak, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, and Gears of War?

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!