• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Rumors are flying by the minute. Literally. E3 is in the air.

http://www.droidgame...egrated-into-it

Sorry I search the web about Wii U alot!

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hmmmmm,

Not sure if I believe it but I alwyas thought Google and Nintendo would make a better match than the popular Nintendo-Apple topic. Would make sense if they are going to have an "app store" in the smart phone sense of the term.

#3 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hmmmmm,

Not sure if I believe it but I alwyas thought Google and Nintendo would make a better match than the popular Nintendo-Apple topic. Would make sense if they are going to have an "app store" in the smart phone sense of the term.

Hmmm.. Nintendo and Google...might be a plan to take a bite out of Apple.

#4 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hmmm.. Nintendo and Google...might be a plan to take a bite out of Apple.

Ha ha!

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

I doubt it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have doubts about this rumour too. Nintendo systems have always used their own operating systems and I don't see why they'd change now. Using Android could do more harm than good for the Wii U, as it would cause some people to dismiss the Wii U as a tablet with buttons.

#7 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

^This

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I have doubts about this rumour too. Nintendo systems have always used their own operating systems and I don't see why they'd change now. Using Android could do more harm than good for the Wii U, as it would cause some people to dismiss the Wii U as a tablet with buttons.

remember that nintendo is becoming more open to doing stuff they dont normally do, they've become quite unpredictable as of late. however, u can always count on them to be logical and do the right thing. anyway thats not my point, my point is that EA is helping nintendo with their online, other companies might help with wii u in other ways too, but im not saying i believe the rumour
Posted Image

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

"To further add substance to this whole rumor are apparent Twitter leaks between high level Android software developers and Nintendo although as of the time of this writing we haven't been able to find those leaks."

So, if someone finds them...

But I doubt this is even close to true. Nintendo and Google working together must mean that Nintendo should do something for Google too, like, bring their IPs to Android. But that will NEVER happen. And why make a MOBILE OS that doesn't recieve first party support for a console?

I love android tho.
No sig.

#10 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

The Wii U itself doesn't need it. But the WiiPad does need a OS to run the apps. It makes perfect sense. Android is the best OS out. Nintendo has zero expertise when it comes to apps. If it was a bad rumor I could understand but when good rumors come you guys shoot it down like it's bad. What is that about.

#11 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

The way i see it, Nintendo needs to make sure the Wii U is seen as an entertainment system rather than a video game console. Google would literally be the best way to do so. If people want to buy/rent movies and t.v. shows on the Wii U, Nintendo doesn't already have a system to do so. Microsoft has Zune and Sony has.....Sony. Bringing Google play to the Wii u would also conform the early rumors than Nintendo was making an e-book app for the Wii U.

#12 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

It could be a mod of Android, like how the Kindle fire works. The problem I see is if Android is running then doesn't that mean the games run on android? I'm no expert at this but wouldn't that be the case? Though it could just emulate android apps. I declare this rumour false because I said so even if nintendo prove me wrong tomorrow.

I'm not a major google fan, they turned youtube into rubbish and they pretend they care about it, such as how partners use fake titles and thumbnails but giving them a free pass because they know it makes them money and lie to the public that they [Google] take the youtube guidelines very seriously.

#13 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

The way i see it, Nintendo needs to make sure the Wii U is seen as an entertainment system rather than a video game console. Google would literally be the best way to do so. If people want to buy/rent movies and t.v. shows on the Wii U, Nintendo doesn't already have a system to do so. Microsoft has Zune and Sony has.....Sony. Bringing Google play to the Wii u would also conform the early rumors than Nintendo was making an e-book app for the Wii U.

Exactly.

#14 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

This would be pretty cool.
Posted Image

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

But it would be so.. contradicting. And weird.
No sig.

#16 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I don't think it will run the android operating system but maybe they'll team up and put the Android store on the Wii U as an app and be able to get all android apps which would utilize the Wii U controller.

#17 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I don't think it will run the android operating system but maybe they'll team up and put the Android store on the Wii U as an app and be able to get all android apps which would utilize the Wii U controller.

Ok that makes sense.

#18 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Over my dead body it will. If by a slight chance it does they may end up having to pay Microsoft for every WiiPad sold.
Posted Image

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.slashgear...aunch-26224951/
This too.

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Over my dead body it will. If by a slight chance it does they may end up having to pay Microsoft for every WiiPad sold.

Android is owned by Google, not Microsoft.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!