#21 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Android is owned by Google, not Microsoft.

I know. However, some Android OEMs have to pay Microsoft for every handset sold.
Posted Image

#22 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

http://www.slashgear...aunch-26224951/
This too.

Good find

#23 Transparent_lfe

Transparent_lfe

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Just a thought if this happens to be true, do you think Sony will look into getting Apple on board? Microsoft can/will most likely have Windows. If this happens there will be even more of a split in the console wars. If one is done wrong it may also hurt the companies of those OS. Staying brief on the subject for people to come in and make their own comments. I am not swayed either way..

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

A Google employee at neogaf sez we'll be surprised by how full-featured and pretty the OS will be for the Wii U.

Does this feed this android rumour?
I don't think do.
Has David/GoNintendo caught this rumour yet?
I don't think so, but they will soon.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Well, Nintendo and Google already do work together (on the ES operating system, at least), so it's not so farfetched a rumor as it might seem... still, it's my understanding that the controller itself only streams content (not generates it), so I don't think that the "tablet" itself will run an OS.

I would personally love to see Nintendo team up with a marketplace like Android to provide media content... that would mean a lot more content with a lot less burden on Nintendo!

#26 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Well, Nintendo and Google already do work together (on the ES operating system, at least), so it's not so farfetched a rumor as it might seem... still, it's my understanding that the controller itself only streams content (not generates it), so I don't think that the "tablet" itself will run an OS.

I would personally love to see Nintendo team up with a marketplace like Android to provide media content... that would mean a lot more content with a lot less burden on Nintendo!

Well than this makes it a little more possible.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#27 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Errrrrr, I don't think so. Nintendo is the kind company that likes to use their own proprietary things.
If anything Nintendo would create their own Android like OS.

Hmmm.. Nintendo and Google...might be a plan to take a bite out of Apple.

ICWATUDEDTHAR!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Nintendo and Google already do work together (on the ES operating system, at least)

They claim copyright on the code.
That doesn't mean they work on it.
Some of the code used in the work by Shiki Okasaka and Kyu Ueno was created while they were employed at Nintendo, therefore it belongs to Nintendo.
They host their code on Google's servers, and also participated in their "Summer of Code" in both 2008 and 2009, thus why they give Google copyright.
This is the license they're using: http://www.apache.or...ses/LICENSE-2.0

Sorry to ruin this theory. :(

Well than this makes it a little more possible.

How? He's just said why he doesn't think it's likely to be an Android OS...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ahh found it again, you can get this tablet. Looks like a Wii U controller and was made for gaming/game emulating and runs on Android OS.

LordPickleton.png

#30 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

If this OS is on the pad it's probably because it's opesource (low cost) and for the low-power applications and background stuff that might be running on uPad when WiiU is not powered but that'll make it portable, it would have to have ARM core (which was somehow confirmed) and actual gpu there and all the chip ... i don't see this happening at all, given to the fact there is no need for that as nintendo already has portable 3DS and iwata said it was not designed to be portable, it'll drive the cost up. The wireless range would work for around the house or like 30-50m and that's well enough.

If it's on the console it self, it's co-developed by Nintendo and so forth with updates ...

But this is still a low-probability rumor.

The Wii U itself doesn't need it. But the WiiPad does need a OS to run the apps. It makes perfect sense. Android is the best OS out. Nintendo has zero expertise when it comes to apps. If it was a bad rumor I could understand but when good rumors come you guys shoot it down like it's bad. What is that about.

You're failing to get the point, it is pretty low chance that there will be CPU/GPU chips on the uPad to enable running - there is no such thing as "apps" --- you're very confusing, but i know what you mean. These so called "apps" are applications, they are nothing special, it's one of those apple buzzwords which mean nothing special just sound cool and people think it's a worldshaker, it's bullcrap. Pretty bad opinion there on the nintendo expertise, there is no expertise for apps, they're just small applications which are made for crappy small mobile tablets, WiiU is not a small crappy mobile tablet.

And if there will be any, it'll be some kind of super low-power arm that will be some kind of background stuff, some kind of service stuff maybe to diagnose connection, calibration whatever, update the control system as we heard the extension slots are for updates (somewhere but the extension slot will most probably adapt to a number of other devices)

We don't know this, it may have portable ability, but at this juncture the uPad is only streaming in the work the console does, it cannot do anything it self without the console in range and powered on.
Posted Image

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

If this OS is on the pad it's probably because it's opesource (low cost) and for the low-power applications and background stuff that might be running on uPad when WiiU is not powered but that'll make it portable, it would have to have ARM core (which was somehow confirmed) and actual gpu there and all the chip ... i don't see this happening at all, given to the fact there is no need for that as nintendo already has portable 3DS and iwata said it was not designed to be portable, it'll drive the cost up. The wireless range would work for around the house or like 30-50m and that's well enough.

It'd need an ARM chip to decode video coming from the console.

As a point of pointing, everything needs an operating system to function.
It's entirely possible the upad will use android or a variant of linux to fuction.
We won't have access to it in the way of a GUI or anything though, most likely.

Edited by Nollog, 08 May 2012 - 12:09 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

It's entirely possible the upad will use android or a variant of linux to fuction.

Thanks for the backup

#33 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

exactly .. it might be used for some flyby on-screen warnings, error, low battery, diagnostic stuff , but full interaction very unlikely.

along with the hardware stuff that obvious, but im going to list it for anyone still not getting what exactly:
- led lights
- control inputs (buttons, sensors, circle pads)
- touchscreen controller
- wireless AV signal decoding
- misc operations (camera, mic, memory, nfc ...etc)
- extension detection and support

So doesn't really matter what kind of OS works in the background for this, as long as it's functioning properly without latency issues and as responsive and optimized as possible.

This is normally called firmware, but on top of that could be a "software" OS in dev mode for better and more stuff possible with the device operations, certainly the OS will also calculate stuff and send back to the console to offload processing that can easily be done without having to go through wireless signal, processed, and then into the TV screen, but rather directly and available. I think this is a big and important reason.

As they claim without latency issues, you'd think that all processing is done on the console as we said about the actual graphics stuff that substantial processing power is required, but im talking about these MISC things that should be processed on the controller, you don't want your touchscreen input to be wirelessly transmitted to the console to be processed and then back to register on the controllers screen, bad idea. They will sort out all of this so the tablet will have self-sustainability in it's local operations except the AV stuff, with the video/audio feed will come solely from the system main where the actual power of the system is which is a much better choice technically and practically, so there will be no video/audio rendering on the controller as it was said by nintendo, those so called "apps" will be nothing special at all.

Stuff like Apple names is often a gimmick buzzword, stuff like "retina display" - it is not any new technology at all, it's just a LED TFT LCD screen with a bigger than usual pixel density that is claimed (by apple) to be the max of the detail the human eye can detect. Worthless .. why, that's because everything looks crap already, the screen won't make the textures(source) magically better.

The word Apps is short for Applications ... it's a word denoting something smaller. It's nothing special again, those are smaller games and programs, i won't use them, i don't need them, they're not important for me, it might be useful to number of people who actually are buying nintendo console for this. Nintendo needs to do this because the competition is forcing them, I don't care for these apps at all, i have mobile phone for that if i need, stupid gadget always-online freaks people. blyah

Edited by Stewox, 09 May 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

exactly .. it might be used for some flyby on-screen warnings, error, low battery, diagnostic stuff , but full interaction very unlikely.

along with the hardware stuff that obvious, but im going to list it for anyone still not getting what exactly:
- led lights
- control inputs (buttons, sensors, circle pads)
- touchscreen controller
- wireless AV signal decoding
- misc operations (camera, mic, memory, nfc ...etc)
- extension detection and support

So doesn't really matter what kind of OS works in the background for this, as long as it's functioning properly without latency issues and as responsive and optimized as possible.

This is normally called firmware, but on top of that could be a "software" OS in dev mode for better and more stuff possible with the device operations, certainly the OS will also calculate stuff and send back to the console to offload processing that can easily be done without having to go through wireless signal, processed, and then into the TV screen, but rather directly and available. I think this is a big and important reason.

As they claim without latency issues, you'd think that all processing is done on the console as we said about the actual graphics stuff that substantial processing power is required, but im talking about these MISC things that should be processed on the controller, you don't want your touchscreen input to be wirelessly transmitted to the console to be processed and then back to register on the controllers screen, bad idea. They will sort out all of this so the tablet will have self-sustainability in it's local operations except the AV stuff, with the video/audio feed will come solely from the system main where the actual power of the system is which is a much better choice technically and practically, so there will be no video/audio rendering on the controller as it was said by nintendo, those so called "apps" will be nothing special at all.

Stuff like Apple names is often a gimmick buzzword, stuff like "retina display" - it is not any new technology at all, it's just a LED TFT LCD screen with a bigger than usual pixel density that is claimed (by apple) to be the max of the detail the human eye can detect. Worthless .. why, that's because everything looks crap already, the screen won't make the textures(source) magically better.

The word Apps is short for Applications ... it's a word denoting something smaller. It's nothing special again, those are smaller games and programs, i won't use them, i don't need them, they're not important for me, it might be useful to number of people who actually are buying nintendo console for this. Nintendo needs to do this because the competition is forcing them, I don't care for these apps at all, i have mobile phone for that if i need, stupid gadget always-online freaks people. blyah

Well...now you can use your mobile phone to just make mobile phone calls...Enjoy every aspect of the Wii U my friend:)

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 09 May 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#35 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Well...now you can use your mobile phone to just make mobile phone calls...Enjoy every aspect of the Wii U my friend:)

I use it exactly for that, i don't even have a smarphone, my brother does have however, samsung galaxy S2, so I kind of tested it ... but still mobile devices are so crap, the touchscreen senors is the biggest issue, it just doesn't respond properly and is pretty stupid, i point with finger like an idiot i would smash the sceen if it was mine and old and worthless. The idea of picking with a big finger on a screen is a terrible idea, it's not practical.

I have an old nokia phone, enough. it even has wlan so for any quick Web stuff checking news is just fine.

Edited by Stewox, 10 May 2012 - 01:24 AM.

Posted Image

#36 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

I use it exactly for that, i don't even have a smarphone, my brother does have however, samsung galaxy S2, so I kind of tested it ... but still mobile devices are so crap, the touchscreen senors is the biggest issue, it just doesn't respond properly and is pretty stupid, i point with finger like an idiot i would smash the sceen if it was mine and old and worthless. The idea of picking with a big finger on a screen is a terrible idea, it's not practical.

I have an old nokia phone, enough. it even has wlan so for any quick Web stuff checking news is just fine.

The Wiipad has a much larger screen than smartphones so that's easier on the fingers so some apps(angry birds) should be better to play in my opinion. A hd gaming system with a tablet and it's still hundreds cheaper than the cheapest iPad. Wii U is a winner in my book. I can finally give my iPhone a rest.

#37 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

The Wiipad has a much larger screen than smartphones so that's easier on the fingers so some apps(angry birds) should be better to play in my opinion. A hd gaming system with a tablet and it's still hundreds cheaper than the cheapest iPad. Wii U is a winner in my book. I can finally give my iPhone a rest.

The iPad is fully portable and Wii Pad have to be 10 meters from wii u. You can't say it's better than iPad, two completely different products with different audiences.

28gxdv8.png

#38 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

In that sense I agree completely - that what i love with nintendo, their philosophy and they know what is best. It'll be a gaming system, therefore a lot will be put on responsiveness and fludity of controls as well as the touchscreen hopefully it's not too cheap controller chip inside, coupled with nintendo-quality, it should be much better, this is required if you want any sort of hardcore. (but i don't want ps360 demographic with analogs and halos thinking theyre some kind of hardcore gamer - lol)

In some way hopefully that wasn't a joke in terms of mobility. Since you can't really take off with the tablet outside of your house too far. I can understand iPhone and other stuff for some business stuff and being on the road or trips a lot, but this was never what a true gamer wants.

This thing will win so much I even am not thinking about it what kind of stuff you'd be able to do because it's so much everything ... like i don't even have to try to think what kind of possibilites there are .... the main ones were shown on E3 but wow man just imagine ... with the wireless capability being well enough to go around the house ...

Also - iPad is Iphone4 by 300% ... it's just a bigger screen in a bigger case.
Posted Image

#39 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

The iPad is fully portable and Wii Pad have to be 10 meters from wii u. You can't say it's better than iPad, two completely different products with different audiences.

iPad is not an ideal game device. It's just that it can play games. It needs a thumb stick or something for better game control. Plus there's not as much depth to tablet games. @ 420 every day I take break:) after this break my hands become very sweaty. This causes oil build-up on my iPads screen cover making it very difficult to play the simplest touch games like Angry Birds. Nintendo maybe playing catch up in graphics power, but, the are "THE GODS" of controller design. I'm a little cautious on the Hardware specs but I'm confident that Nintendo will produce a gaming controller that can't be matched or replicated. Check their history, their controllers are groundbreaking...............and their doing it again.

............the Atari joystick was the greatest controller every made(that one red button did everything...jump,kick,accelerate, ect.)......Until the WiiPad.

#40 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

iPad is not an ideal game device. It's just that it can play games. It needs a thumb stick or something for better game control. Plus there's not as much depth to tablet games. @ 420 every day I take break:) after this break my hands become very sweaty. This causes oil build-up on my iPads screen cover making it very difficult to play the simplest touch games like Angry Birds. Nintendo maybe playing catch up in graphics power, but, the are "THE GODS" of controller design. I'm a little cautious on the Hardware specs but I'm confident that Nintendo will produce a gaming controller that can't be matched or replicated. Check their history, their controllers are groundbreaking...............and their doing it again.

............the Atari joystick was the greatest controller every made(that one red button did everything...jump,kick,accelerate, ect.)......Until the WiiPad.

I'm saying that iPad is a tablet. The wiipad is a controller.

You buy an iPad for portability and to able to other stuff than gaming and some extra stuff. You buy the wii u for gaming. You can't really compare them.

28gxdv8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!