34 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=474501

"TIM SWEENEY: "There is a huge responsibility on the shoulders of our engine team and our studio to drag this industry into the next generation," said Gears of War design director Cliff Bleszinski. "It is up to Epic, and Tim Sweeney in particular, to motivate Sony and Microsoft not to phone in what these next consoles are going to be. It needs to be a quantum leap. They need to damn near render Avatar in real time, because I want it and gamers want it - even if they don't know they want it."

Sweeney added: "We're much more in sync with the console makers than any other developer is. That means we can give detailed recommendations with a complete understanding of what is going to be commercially possible."

Apparently Epic has seen the specs of the PS4 and next Xbox and is "actively lobbying" for them to be more powerful."

Sounds like the PS4 and Xbox 720 won't be powerhouses like they wanted them to be.

Edited by Meelow100, 17 May 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#2 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

POPULAR

Tim Sweeney is so annoying to Sony or Microsoft, he does not get that they do not want to lose money with there next consoles. Also I really don't care if the next gen has Avatar like graphics either, if the game isn't fun then graphics don't mean squat.
Posted Image

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

I get where he's coming from here completely. Sometimes I wonder if it's too much to ask to just have a gen where EVERYONE is making massive leaps in graphic technology. Unfortunately Nintendo fans of today seem to be content with small steps rather than leaps, simply because Nintendo chose that path with the Wii.. But eh, I'm rambling here. I just wish we could go back to the days when the big three were all relatively equal in both console power and quality of games. -_-

Anyway though, I guess I'd rather have ALL the consoles be underpowered, yet on par with eachother, rather than suffer another gen with the Nintendo console just being the odd one out.

Posted Image

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

^Agreed

There is one positive side to this. I think Epic was quite statisfied with the Wii U (they kept praising it) and now they're going to bash the other next-gen consoles? That would mean the Wii U won't be underpowered.

Asking a console to "near render Avatar" is a bit... Too much, I think.This gen-leap is gonna be dissapointingly small tho, I'm affraid.
No sig.

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

POPULAR

Wait isnt this the same dude that was impressed with the Wii U's power? This is saying something! :D

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

"Near render Avatar".....

Just think about that for a moment....it won't happen for another 20 years.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Wait isnt this the same dude that was impressed with the Wii U's power? This is saying something! :D

Good point.
Posted Image

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I could see this. It just doesn't seem like there is any technology out there that is extravagantly better than the current consoles.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hopefully I would want Nintendo's hardware to be as powerful as the others, but Avatar graphics seem a bit too much to me. Development cost will be much more expensive and it could make game development a bigger risk than ever.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Lol that means he is saying WiiU can render Avatar WTF.

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Really, where does it say that?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Really, where does it say that?

It won't but he saying because Epic was impressed with the Wii U's power but then he says he's not impressed with PS4 and Xbox 720's power.

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

It won't but he saying because Epic was impressed with the Wii U's power but then he says he's not impressed with PS4 and Xbox 720's power.

Because it's not able to render Avatar.

#14 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I honestly think that he probably just has lower standards when it comes to nintendo's consoles, I don't care much for power.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

i think you guys are taking this the wrong way.

i would say he's more so impressed by the Wii u's improvement over the original Wii i doubt that the Wii u is more impressive than the nextbox or PS4 its just highly improbable even if it was stronger than one it wouldn't be stronger than both

#16 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

i would say he's more so impressed by the Wii u's improvement over the original Wii i doubt that the Wii u is more impressive than the nextbox or PS4 its just highly improbable even if it was stronger than one it wouldn't be stronger than both

I don't think so, Epic is a company that loves graphics and if the Wii U is not that much greater then 360/PS3 he would no be impressed, I mean every console before the Wii was super powerful and the PS1 and PS2 where weaker then Nintendo 64 and GameCube.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

It can be because Sony has a little bit of money.

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

It can be because Sony has a little bit of money.

Sony total asset's-$167.29452 billion

all Sony has to do is cut its loses in certain departments and they will be fine, people think Sony are in more danger than they are actually in. if anything their video game is the most profitable of their division and with the psvita already being almost as powerful as a 360 it's pretty likely the PS4 will most defiantly be on at least on par with the Wii u if not more powerful.

It should also be noted that they aren't even releasing their console this year as it will probably be out next year, giving them time to see what Nintendo does and act accordingly to the situation.

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

TIM SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENY!
(Sorry, I had to say that.)

Yep, this is definitely something worth noting.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Even if he has lower standards for Nintendo, it still says something. If he is positive about the Wii U and negative about other consoles, they should be somewhat equal => dat third party support!

But then again I remember Epic critcizing Ninty for having not so powerful consoles, so they are hard to statisfy, so if he praises a Nintendo console, it must be really...

Epic.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!