• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I still questioin weather the japanese garden demo is suppose to reflect what the graphics of Wii U would look like in game. Because seriously if Wii U in game graphics can pull that off.....

Ok, well to my knowledge nintendo has always bested their tech demosPosted Image

But i do agree with you, i hope what we saw in the garden tech is a representation of the scale and graphics we could expect to see in wii u games. Hopefully they avoid bullshot tactics, remember these?

What playstation owners were promised
Posted Image

what they got
Posted Image

But the 2006 tiger woods tech demo was also realtime, so it can go either way.

#22 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

^Wow, didn't know about the Tiger woods demo... But, was that demo interactive? if it was only a cinematic, obviously the real game (second photo) would not look the same.

#23 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

^Wow, didn't know about the Tiger woods demo... But, was that demo interactive? if it was only a cinematic, obviously the real game (second photo) would not look the same.

Yeah it was cinematic, he was controlling tiger, changing his expressions

I hope wii u games could at least look to be on par with this 2006 demo.

Edited by The Ferryman, 18 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#24 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yeah it was cinematic, he was controlling tiger, changing his expressions

I hope wii u games could at least look to be on par with this 2006 demo.

Ah.... ^_^

But it's only rendering one character... <_< There's also an Alfred Molina model:

The bird demo and Zelda demo look superior, don't worry.

Edited by Grooseland, 18 May 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#25 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

yeah that new quantic dream tech demo Kara, already passed the alfred molina tech, the constant evolution of graphics is always a thing that interests me.

#26 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

You would be surprised. Go on YouTube or n4g and there are hordes of ps3 fans that claim those graphics could be achieved on there system when it's evident that's not close to the truth. Like i said before sony has created a generation of graphic whore zombies that believe only the best can be achieved on ps3 and the cell.

You mean the cell that actully hurt the PS3 lol.

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ok, well to my knowledge nintendo has always bested their tech demosPosted Image

But i do agree with you, i hope what we saw in the garden tech is a representation of the scale and graphics we could expect to see in wii u games. Hopefully they avoid bullshot tactics, remember these?

What playstation owners were promised
Posted Image

what they got
Posted Image

But the 2006 tiger woods tech demo was also realtime, so it can go either way.

That n64 demo.. horrible lol.
No sig.

#28 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

I cant wait to see what this is going to be like this E3! Man it is getting too close! E3 COME FASTER!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#29 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yeah too close and too far away. But it will be a momentous day for nintendo in history.

Off topic question guys. Is the pS3 region locked. Like if someone in japan buys a ps3 and brings it to america can he buy an american game and play it? Sorry!

#30 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yeah too close and too far away. But it will be a momentous day for nintendo in history.

Off topic question guys. Is the pS3 region locked. Like if someone in japan buys a ps3 and brings it to america can he buy an american game and play it? Sorry!

As far as I know Sony is the only one who doesn't region lock there systems.
Posted Image

#31 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

As far as I know Sony is the only one who doesn't region lock there systems.

Yes this is true.

#32 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

So I can buy one in china bring it ere and play games brought here that's what that means right?

#33 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

So I can buy one in china bring it ere and play games brought here that's what that means right?

yep.
I can't wait to see how exclusive games on the Wii U looks like.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#34 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Well the Zelda demo was rushed and is only in 420p so I wonder what it means to take your time and have it in 1080p. That would be epic!

Well take into account that this is the era that all there was is 32 bit game systems so this looks like Unreal Engine 4 to those back then.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#35 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

They used the SM64 engine for the demo, and then wrote an almost completely different one for OoT, because of how awful it was.

#36 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

They used the SM64 engine for the demo, and then wrote an almost completely different one for OoT, because of how awful it was.

yes, very interesting what nintendo did.

#37 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

haha, old link looks fat next to new link
anyways there is a old and new garden demo, it seems like they did some last minute shading and smoothing, but man did it add that much of a difference to the demo!
power-wise, i guess you could get a professional analyzer to... what... gauge how thinks look to be rendered... but as of now it looks as beutiful as i would expect at a near max, as spoken out of the big mans mouth, games may have a slightly less amazing enviroment just for gameplay, but its nice to know some scenes can get really beautiful really quickly

Sony is evil...

perhaps, they are definitely trying to appeal to the snobby mainstream (the ones that want pure power with $400 spent) and as read from another section of the forum, sony has definetely been throwing more coorporate punches at nintendo than microsoft does on a fair basis

edit:i did not notice the second page... unless it appeared out of nowhere

Edited by uh20, 18 May 2012 - 08:50 PM.

:laugh:

#38 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

The Zelda tech demo looks sick, but the bird demo looks a little bit like a PS3 game...

Off topic for Sony haters
Seriously, what does everyone has against Sony? It's just lies. Both Sony and Microsoft is not kind against Nintendo because they are competitors. I know that Sony copies some ideas from Nintendo. But so does Microsoft and Nintendo. Nintendo copied the AR thing from Sony. Now they are going to "copy" the idea of a strong console with a good online experience i.e Microsoft's idea of their console.

Rememberer about the Nintendo Playstation also:
http://en.wikipedia....ndo_PlayStation

The industry works this way, people taking inspiration from each other. People betraying and so on. It all has a goal, to earn money.

Also a XBOX 360 with live in a few years (assuming you get a console made for online to play online) costs more than a PS3 and a Wii

Edited by Hinkik, 19 May 2012 - 12:30 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#39 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well the Zelda demo was rushed and is only in 420p so I wonder what it means to take your time and have it in 1080p. That would be epic!

I'm pretty sure, when asked specifically about the Zelda Demo, Reggie said it was running in full 1080p [link]. Besides, the Zelda Demo was part of their HD Experience.

With that said, the Wii U was still in its early stages and there are claims that it has seen vast improvements since then. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will show some more tech demos at E3 that will confirm this.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#40 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Well take into account that this is the era that all there was is 32 bit game systems so this looks like Unreal Engine 4 to those back then.

The Zelda Wii U tech demo was in 1080p not 480p.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!