Photo

Which Controller is better?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Controller is better? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Which has the better design?

1. Old (10 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. New (44 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Nintendo 3DS (1 votes [1.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

Out of previous Nintendo Consoles, which has the best controller?

1. Nintendo Entertainment System (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

3. Nintendo 64 (2 votes [3.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

4. Nintendo GameCube (39 votes [73.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.58%

5. Wii (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

I agree with this. They do look more like triggers but I voted for the new one. Also I always did like the GC design because it felt so....Right....

Yeah, it just feels very natural to hold a GC controller. Maybe it's because of its button placement: it's still ABYX but in a very different position. And I love bashing that A button...
No sig.

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

In my opinion the new Wii U controller is far better. I prefer the analogue sticks as well as the repositioning of the plus and minus buttons.

Regards the older console I think the GameCube has the best controller. The only think I don't like about it is the build quality is poor compared to Xbox and Playstation controllers.

#23 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

The Old Controller or the New Controller?
......................................New...................................................................... Old
Posted Image

One thing I noticed on the new controller is how they brought the D-Pad and the ABXY buttons in a little closer toward the middle, which is great for thumb ergonomics!
The old design may have had our thumbs getting a little tired from the kind of repetative movements you'd have to make.

it seems like they had to shrink the screen a little though.

Edited by dagwood dang, 20 May 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#24 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

I have been gaming since the NES days and the best controller i have handled is probaly the 360s. The Wii U controller might just beat that though its looking good so far wont know untill i get my hands on it.

#25 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have been gaming since the NES days and the best controller i have handled is probaly the 360s. The Wii U controller might just beat that though its looking good so far wont know untill i get my hands on it.

I laughed when Microsoft chose to put the right analog and left analog diagonally from eachother (I owned a PS1 and N64 at the time so it was new to me). Now having owned a 360 for 5 years, and having bought a 360 controller for my PC games, I can definitely say I was wrong and it is the most comfortable controller ever. It is curved just right, it weighs a good amount to not feel cheap, the triggers are the best in the business, and the analog sticks are high quality and offer more grip then the dualshock 3 and Nunchuk.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Why is Dsi there?

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I laughed when Microsoft chose to put the right analog and left analog diagonally from eachother (I owned a PS1 and N64 at the time so it was new to me). Now having owned a 360 for 5 years, and having bought a 360 controller for my PC games, I can definitely say I was wrong and it is the most comfortable controller ever. It is curved just right, it weighs a good amount to not feel cheap, the triggers are the best in the business, and the analog sticks are high quality and offer more grip then the dualshock 3 and Nunchuk.

Microsoft copied GameCube diagonal analog stick placement.

It might have been your first experience of that since you did not have a gcn. But Nintendo was first. And that GameCube controller... Is legendary. I do prefer the 360 pad to the playstation one though.

The 360 pad feels good for fps games. But it suffers badly for fighting games with the atrocious dpad and the angle at which your hand holds the right side where the most commonly used buttons reside on the face. 360 game pad is basically the old OC sidewinder game pad that came out after Nintendo GameCube showed the world how to build a controller (what IS it with the purple color though?...)

The gcn controller had it all thought out.

#28 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Microsoft copied GameCube diagonal analog stick placement.

It might have been your first experience of that since you did not have a gcn. But Nintendo was first. And that GameCube controller... Is legendary. I do prefer the 360 pad to the playstation one though.

The 360 pad feels good for fps games. But it suffers badly for fighting games with the atrocious dpad and the angle at which your hand holds the right side where the most commonly used buttons reside on the face. 360 game pad is basically the old OC sidewinder game pad that came out after Nintendo GameCube showed the world how to build a controller (what IS it with the purple color though?...)

The gcn controller had it all thought out.

I had a GCN......but the c-stick was rarely used the same as a right analog stick. Microsoft copied nothing because Nintendo had all the development of the console on wraps until E3 2001.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!