Photo

Why I'm Leaving thewiiu.com Permanently.

Farewell

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

The following topic is why I'm leaving this place.

I joined thewiiu.com in early 2011. While I didn't become an active member until April 2011, I liked the site. I became active at the site after I had a falling out with the 3DS forums due to various issues coming up.

When I first arrived there, the place was awesome. It was a small community, sure, but It was close. Every member was kind to each other, and feld0 was active at least once a day. He wasn't afraid to enter discussions with us lower mortals, and I liked that. He was willing to be a friend to nearly everyoner, and was helpful. The perfect idealisms of what an Admin should be, IMO. The forum's stayed like this even after we crossed 1000 members. Everyone was usually helpful and kind to one another, and the community prospered. I made friends with loads of people, and I was happy.

I guess you could say that when I really began to have a falling out with Feld0 was at around the start of the new year. Feld0 was becoming increasingly busy with MLP Forums, and I could see why he was paying much more attention to it then thewiiu.com. I had no issues with that, but It seemed to me like Feld0 was drifting away from what had made me like the forums so much. He was logging on less and less, and seemed to be comfortable to leave stuff to the others, meaning AMAC/Brian. However, AMAC had practicably vanished from the site, leaving Brian to try and manage the site all for himself, alongside trying to set up this current site that I'm leaving to.

It wasn't just that the powers that be weren't getting less active, it also seemed that the members were getting increasingly bitter with one another. I noticed this in myself and in others. We were fighting each other over pointless rumors, getting nowhere in terms of growing as a community.

Eventually, I joined N00bpwners. I still went on the site, but I think the biggest disconnect for me went on during my 2 month hiatus from the web. When I returned back to thewiiu.com after having been gone, it felt entirely different from what I had gotten used to.Members were fighting each other, using foul language left and right, and a good chunk of the friends I'd made had either left the forums for other sites(See GC, etc) or they'd gone MIA(see wertville). I also noticed that Feld0 had made it so that the News was no longer updated on thewiiu.com. I'm not complaining, I just found it convient to be able to load up the WiiU and see all the news, with links so I could comment on it on the blog. It was stuff like that irked me.

One of the largest things that led to me leaving the place, never planning to return was the way the moderation team was acting. As you could guess, I'm a friend of Brians. As I finally got back to the web, I noticed that the rest of the moderation team had left everything from what I could see to Brian, despite Feld0 knowing full well that he had this site to run. That's probably the biggest reason I left.

I've kept my mind open about returning for a while, up until a few weeks ago. I was linked to a thread by GC and saw certain users openly smashing each other. That was the final thing that pushed me over the ledge, IMO. I had seen an once peaceful site, consisting of my friends, fall into basically 4chan with a Nintendo theme. It made me sad that a place I had considered my internet home had fallen this far, and I realized I was powerless to stop it, let alone reverse the changes. That's part of why I accepted Brian's offer to become a mod there. 3 sites that I had considered my internet home had fallen, and I was determined to not let another go the same way.

Anyways, it's been fun, the members of thewiiu.com. Some of you I hope to see again, while others I don't. Until then, in the words of the great N Harmonia Gropius, Farewell!!

If you need me, I'll be at n00bpwners.com.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#2 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Though i have never really spoken with you im sorry to see that you are leaving.

Though i have to say this community is still a great place and i rarely see other users bashing each other, but i guess im just unaware of some situations you have come across.

I do agree this site could use more active moderation, but i will say feldo has completely abandoned this place he still comes around he's just busy.

anyway have enjoy noobpwners! maybe you'll be back one day.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

bye.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

C'ya, E3 is so close, you are going to miss out.

Edited by Blake, 02 June 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

C'ya, E3 is so close, your going to miss out.

n00bpwners.com is a gaming news blog, from which I'll be covering E3. I doubt he'll be missing anything.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

lol
if i email you some cookies will you stay?
ecookies

Edited by uh20, 02 June 2012 - 07:33 PM.

:laugh:

#7 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Even though we never talked that really sucks :(.

#8 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

LOL, so that's where everyone has left to.

But anyways, I haven't been on the forum nearly as long as some other people, yet even I can see that its atmosphere has changed (or I'm just not paying as much attention). It is completely understandable that you would want to go to n00bpwners.

Edited by Squishton, 02 June 2012 - 07:42 PM.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#9 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

See you around, I suppose.

Edited by Elric, 02 June 2012 - 08:34 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Farewell then. It sucks to see a once active member leave.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Well, I'm technically still a newbie here. I've seen some disagreements and few arguments now and again but no bashing. Maybe that's because I haven't explored the entire site. Maybe I shouldn't? But hey, look on the bright side! At least we're not IGN Forums. :laugh:

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#12 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

...bye...
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sorry that you feel that way. Although we never actually talked to one another it looks like there will be one less person who I can make friends with. :(

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

It's quite sad to see a once dedicated member leave the forums, I hope the other site doesn't trouble you as much as this one did. Farewell...
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#15 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well, I'm technically still a newbie here. I've seen some disagreements and few arguments now and again but no bashing. Maybe that's because I haven't explored the entire site. Maybe I shouldn't? But hey, look on the bright side! At least we're not IGN Forums. :laugh:

I like your optimism, mate! :D

Nothing is worse than 4chan's /v

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Welp, see ya I guess. :huh:

Posted Image

#18 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Feld0 has started coming on a lot more recently and is updating the news a lot more as well... Well, I'll see you on m00bpwners :P (Brian has to change the name to that btw :laugh: )

Posted Image

#19 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Nothing is worse than 4chan's /v

NOTHING

#20 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

No we have to hope that n00bpwners isn't going to be like this as well.

28gxdv8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!