• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

I'm not that fond of the city either I was just wondering since it wasn't in the Animal Crossing 3DS trailer.

Yeah, although we don't know how far in development the game was when the trailer came out, so I guess we'll have to see.

#22 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

I think Animal Crossing WiiU is a good idea.
Posted Image

#23 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

I didn't think the city was a good idea, it took some of the excitement away as you didn't have to wait for certain things to come to your town as they were in the city and you could go there at any time, if they wanted to keep something like that in then ok, but make sure it doesn't take anything away from the game.

I just want them to take away Crazy Redd's and Katrina's out of the city.

#24 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

If they do make a wiiU AC, I hope they take full advantage of the wiiU's power. If they don't fully overhaul the graphics, the least the could do is add a ton of new items, tons of new stuff to do, and just entirely new things the series hasn't seen before. Let's be honest, with each new AC game there's less and less of a reason to by the game, especially at full price. I really regret buying City Folk. I had logged hundreds of hours on wild world, and city folk didn't bring any noteworthy new features to the table.

#25 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

If they do make a wiiU AC, I hope they take full advantage of the wiiU's power. If they don't fully overhaul the graphics, the least the could do is add a ton of new items, tons of new stuff to do, and just entirely new things the series hasn't seen before. Let's be honest, with each new AC game there's less and less of a reason to by the game, especially at full price. I really regret buying City Folk. I had logged hundreds of hours on wild world, and city folk didn't bring any noteworthy new features to the table.

Yeah, but they better make it HD on the Wii U, it could really benefit having more detail in the world.
But I think they'll definitely add heaps of new features, they probably learned that City Folk wasn't as good as they had hoped.

#26 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

I can't wait for this, it should be better than the 3DS one and that says a lot, since the 3DS one looks quite impressive so far.

Posted Image

#27 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

I hope that maybe they integrate it more into the Wii U. Maybe have it as part of the online community where it could be your avatar or something like that, and your house is like your account's house, and you could chat or do other things in your town, ect.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#28 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

If the Wii U version is released after the 3DS version, I would like more features. But if their released simultaneously, I want each version to have something exclusive.

#29 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

If the Wii U version is released after the 3DS version, I would like more features. But if their released simultaneously, I want each version to have something exclusive.

It's pretty much a given that the Wii U one will have extra features if it's released later. But I don't think they'll be released simultaneously, they're generally released a few years apart, and I want the 3DS one to come out fairly soon anyway, hopefully by November. But alas, we'll have to wait and see what Nintendo want to do with it.

#30 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Generally? That's only happened once. We don't know what could happen. Smash 4 is on the 3DS!

#31 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Does anybody else hope that you're NOT the mayor in the Wii U version(or 3DS for that matter).

#32 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

I haven't played animal crossing. What am I missing out on??

#33 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Does anybody else hope that you're NOT the mayor in the Wii U version(or 3DS for that matter).

I certainly hope you don't start as the mayor, you should definitely have to earn it, but I have no problem with it.

#34 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

I want to be the mayor, actually. If it lets you customize the town, it'd eliminate the need to hack the game to edit the positions of awkwardly placed lighthouses and the like.

#35 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Hopefully they don't have purchasable items (with real money). I hope they add hundreds of new items and many rare items that are only obtained by doing different things, maybe connecting with the 3DS, scanning codes( although im sure people will just post em all up online and take the fun away).

#36 ZachGuy00

ZachGuy00

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

I haven't played animal crossing. What am I missing out on??

A whole lot.

Hopefully they don't have purchasable items (with real money). I hope they add hundreds of new items and many rare items that are only obtained by doing different things, maybe connecting with the 3DS, scanning codes( although im sure people will just post em all up online and take the fun away).

I really doubt they'll do that. Unless NES furniture comes back.

Edited by ZachGuy00, 24 June 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#37 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Since they are having a brand new animal crossing for the 3ds I dont think it will come out for awhile. Besides, I prefer portable animal crossing, so I can play it anywhere I want.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#38 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

I would just really love to see them go MMO with this franchise. It seems like Animal Crossing was MADE for social interaction, and a persistent online world with the Animal Crossing flavor would definitely become an online hub for gamers like myself - a place to display my style, hang out and chat with friends, collect and trade items/designs with friends, etc. They could still keep privacy in place (Nintendo-style) by allowing access restriction levels via user menus, depending on your personal privacy preferences.

#39 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

I really doubt they'll do that. Unless NES furniture comes back.

Actually, it's a pretty cool idea. Like the DCL distribution in City Folk, but it could be like an ARG and there are QR codes on posters advertising the game and things.

#40 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Actually, it's a pretty cool idea. Like the DCL distribution in City Folk, but it could be like an ARG and there are QR codes on posters advertising the game and things.

I agree that this kind of content delivery would be very cool... maybe the potential exists for it to get a bit gimmicky, but it doesn't have to be. What Dementis describes would add a lot to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!