• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok, I have an idea for multiplayer on some games. At E3, Reggie told us that the Wii U can handle 2 separate GamePads, right? So then, I thourght that maybe if the other players WITHOUT GamePads can use their 3DSes. It makes sense because of the touchscreen, camera and mic an' all that. The only downside would be that the graphics would have to be less 'HD'.

So, what are your thourghts on this?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Well I would prefer to use my Pro controller.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Iwata did say that the 3ds could be used as a wiiu game pad. but i doubt that will happen in a financial situation.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

The Pro controller doesn't have a touch screen.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

I don't think I'll use the 3ds for something like that.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I can see the 3DS being used as a controller. It might be a little cramped with such a small screen, but there shouldn't be any kind of technical problems with that.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

I can see this working. It would be cool if in a game like super smash bros. you could customize your controls and characters on your 3ds game and then use your 3DS as a controller with your data on it.

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

I don't think I'll use the 3ds for something like that.

Don't then.

#9 wanx80

wanx80

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

We better be able to use Multiplayer for MOST games and we should be able to use Pro Controller for MOST games too :l

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Don't then.

I would try it first, though.

#11 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Does anybody know if the pro controller is compatible with every game because i didn't see many games showing the use of the pro controller because they mainly should the use of the gamepad at E3.

#12 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Does anybody know if the pro controller is compatible with every game because i didn't see many games showing the use of the pro controller because they mainly should the use of the gamepad at E3.

probably it will.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#13 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well they did need to show the capabilities and it'll probably work with most games.

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

If your gonna use the 3ds for that you should get the 3ds XL, it seems like itd be tough on the 3ds tiny touch screen

#15 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

I don't think that this would mean we could have more than two controller screens though, the 3DS would just have to replace one of the two game pads. Since we can only have two gamepads due to the processing power blah blah (:
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#16 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ok, I have an idea for multiplayer on some games. At E3, Reggie told us that the Wii U can handle 2 separate GamePads, right? So then, I thourght that maybe if the other players WITHOUT GamePads can use their 3DSes. It makes sense because of the touchscreen, camera and mic an' all that. The only downside would be that the graphics would have to be less 'HD'.

So, what are your thourghts on this?

However, data is still going to have to be streamed to the 3DS, and the Wii U can only handle 2 streams at once. It could maybe take the place of one of the GamePads, but you wouldn't be able to have more than 2 things being streamed to. But this would kind of defeat the purpose of using the 3DS in the first place, so I don't think it'll be implemented.

Edited by Hamez, 19 July 2012 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image

#17 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

I don't really think that it would be necessary to use this functionality unless there are games such as The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure U or something like that. but other than games like that i don't see there being a need for this. The idea is sound and I'm sure the capability is there, (after all, smash bros. will work together between the two versions) so its up to developers to find out if there is a need for this.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#18 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

buy another console then CASUAL GAMER and step away from the console of TRUE GAMERS lol @ pro pad IF U FPS WITH IT MIGHT AS WELL HAND THE KEYS IN TO YOUR FORUM MEMBERSHIP

lol at thinking your post looked core it didnt it looked silly pony GAMER AKA SONY DUALSHOCK

#19 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

buy another console then CASUAL GAMER and step away from the console of TRUE GAMERS lol @ pro pad IF U FPS WITH IT MIGHT AS WELL HAND THE KEYS IN TO YOUR FORUM MEMBERSHIP

lol at thinking your post looked core it didnt it looked silly pony GAMER AKA SONY DUALSHOCK

uh sorry it was just my opinion and when I made that post I was pissed off at my 3ds. You don't have to be mean though because I NEVER said this was a dumb idea and I'm sure this will become a reality. I changed my mind ill use my 3ds

I've changed my mind.

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Iwata did say that the 3ds could be used as a wiiu game pad. but i doubt that will happen in a financial situation.

He said that the 3DS could be a controller for SSB4.

Relax man, he meant no harm at all...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!