Photo

Gordon: Nintendo to become a software only company... (Wii U Daily)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

I disagree.

How many times have Nintendo said they make games everyone can play?
They don't want to focus on your hardcore gaming market because all the blood would make it awkward to play with your grandmother.
Their philosophy wouldn't change.
I think what you want is the current talent to die, and someone who hates Nintendo's mission statement to come in and make games for you and only you.

Sure there's a chance they'd still make the same kind of games but I think there's a chance they'd adapt to a different system's features and try to appeal to the main audience for that system instead of keeping their same appeal.
I want them to make games for only me? You really think I'm the only one who'd like to see Nintendo offer experiences that are designed with gamers in mind more so than casuals?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't care whether or not a game will be fun to play with their grandmother.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I honestly can't picture Nintendo going software only. They'll keep doing this hardware gig until they simply have no money to do it.

Then they are going to take their valuable IP's with them down the drain. I simply do not see Nintendo handing them over so they can sustain themselves, or simply let other people do anything with them.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Sure there's a chance they'd still make the same kind of games but I think there's a chance they'd adapt to a different system's features and try to appeal to the main audience for that system instead of keeping their same appeal.
I want them to make games for only me? You really think I'm the only one who'd like to see Nintendo offer experiences that are designed with gamers in mind more so than casuals?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't care whether or not a game will be fun to play with their grandmother.

You, the self-labeling hardcore gamer.
Not you the individual.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

You, the self-labeling hardcore gamer.
Not you the individual.

Well I'm not saying all of their games have to be designed for gamers like myself, it would just be nice to see them focus on gamers more than they do casuals.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I can see CUD's point. I too, would like to see Nintendo making some solid core games straight from their studios.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Everything they make is for the core.
They just add in some appeal to cover the costs.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

After E3's BS I see what CUD means...

Look how weird this is. Families don't do that and families like this don't care about E3.

#28 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

i agree slightly
things are slowly turning away from console gaming and more towards complete package computers.
soon you may just have a tablet-sized computer to hook up to everything, o/
but this is a LOOOONNGGGGG TIME AWAY (queue star wars)
so nintendo is cool indefinetly for the next 20 years and most likely the next 40 or so, then technology might catch up and turn nintendo into a software company
:laugh:

#29 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

After how successful Wii was, Nintendo is going to stay for a long time.

Plus I think I remember Iwata or Miyamoto saying something about how if they stopped making hardware, they would stop making games too. In that case, Nintendo is NEVER going software only, it's all or nothing.

And I wouldn't even remotely want Nintendo to stop making hardware; it would kill all the innovation in gaming, and probably cause the other gaming subsidiaries to collapse as well.

Edited by Hamez, 27 July 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yes, because with how much money they're raking in, the only choice is for them to go software only.

...I'm mainly trying to figure out what sort of logic this idiot is using.

HINT: I'm not finding any.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

If the iPhone, iPad, and overrall success of the dedicated gaming console model have taught us anything, it's that people buy hardware that enables special experiences.

Those that make hardware and software get to define the entire experience. That's nintendos niche. That's why the 3DS is so popular and why the Wii U will be as well.

You take powerful hardware, focus it toward certain tasks and write software to give it life.

Nintendo would not want to be dictated to by a hardware companies lack of vision. They've always been about the total experience. And they've got the virtual boy failure to prove it. That's what makes them great. They have vision, take risks, and move the entire industry forward each time. This is done with hardware every bit as much as with software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!