Photo

Not buying a PSV

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you buying the PSV? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you buying the PSV?

1. Well, DUUUUH! (3 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. No way. (17 votes [47.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

3. I don't know yet (16 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kenshin0011

Kenshin0011

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ender's Game and all books connected

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

I’m probably going to wait for a price drop to get it. And I’m not just saying that (cause everyone always just “says” that) I really mean it because it doesn’t make sense for me at the moment. I really do want one badly, but I already bought the 3DS and my money’s gonna be tied in that system, buying games for it, etc. And who knows how much games will be, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were more than the 3DS ones to make up for the system being cheap. Also, there’s only a few games I would want, so by the time I get it there will be a huge array of games for to to choose from (esp things like jrpgs, final fantasy, dbz, hopefully sly cooper, stuff like that which is my fav).

Even with that being said, I’m not sure about the PSVita succeeding in the long run. Sony and their business decisions in reference to profits and security concerns me a bit, and there’s a few other iffy things. The 3G model is an absolute joke, not only is it $50 extra, you most likely have to pay a monthly subscription to AT&T on top of that. Who the hell wants another data plan, that’s why we have smart phones…actually, I don’t even HAVE a smart phone atm because of the data plan price.

I think software will be pretty decent, although it might take a while to see genuine/quality games…except this is only natural! 3rd party developers have SO MUCH on their plates these days, now having demand to make up full fledge games for PS3/360, PSVita, 3DS, and Wii U. That’s 5 systems, each capable and requiring full length “console worthy” games. In the past, all portable system’s games did not take near as much work to produce and with quality. You can see what I’m talking about today with the lag in releases with the 3DS. Remember the SEVERAL awesome games revealed in development since LAST e3??? And most are still not even out! You can probably expect these similar issues with the PSVita. But remember, I’ve been talking about 3rd party games (because I think those play a very vital roll for a system’s long term survival). Now if we consider first party, Nintendo clearly has the upper hand, being that they supply content that is of general better quality, attention, and in much higher quantity with many different franchises.

Another point I think I should make (now that I’ve made a tangent into the competition between 3DS and Vita) is that I think the 3DS graphics are being highly underrated by a lot of people. This is because most probably haven’t even played with the 3DS, or if they have not enough. Just looking at screenshots and gameplay vids isn’t enough because, it doesn’t translate well in respect to quality or the 3D. After watching the trailers for 3DS on E3, they became available on my 3DS in actual 3D, and they looked exceptionally better in person on the system. Kid Icarus looked extremely more crisp and vibrant, and Resident Evil looks VERY VERY close to a 360/PS3 game. I think this is due to an array of things, one being that game makers have developed techniques for better graphics rendering with system specs that don’t seem all to powerful. Another is that graphics look better on handhelds, because the screen is smaller, making for a crisper resolution and leaving less for the eye to fond over. A third aspect about the graphics, and this is only true with 3DS, is well…the 3D. The screen is rendering the picture twice (one for each eye) and this creates a more complex graphical enhancement. BECAUSE it’s in 3D and because you’re getting two pictures, you’re getting more graphics perspective. You can experiment with this phenomenon by pausing your 3DS on a nice 3D screenshot and going back and forth between 3D and 2D. Notice that in 3D not only is it there the obvious impulse that it’s now in 3D, but the graphics overall are better. It’s like your seeing it like you see things in real life. Again, going back and forth with the slider, the colors are more vibrant in 3D and you can see slightly to the left or right around the character making it seem like your looking at something that actually exists. In conclusion, this is an aspect of the system that highly adds to the graphics quality and I urge you to try it, because it’s often overlooked when not pointed out; you’re either busy playing the game and you’re usually not constantly switching back between 2D and 3D.

So yea, I’ve wasted way too much time writing on this forum lol :P. We can can speculate all we want (with all the awesome gloriousness of fanboys catfighting haha) about the competition between these two, but who really knows….only time will tell! Long live gaming, w00t!!!
"Remember, the enemy's gate is down."

#22 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

~kenshin0011

That was a great read! Especially the paragraph about the 3DS' graphics, I think you've hit the nail on the head about them and why people underrate them.

+1 post rep :P

EDIT: Might as well state my thoughts while I'm posting.

I'm not getting a Vita simply because it looks the same as the PSP to me...
And we all now how that turned out.
...(Plus I'm a self-proclaimed Ninty fanboy. Don't shoot me.)

Edited by Wertville, 19 June 2011 - 07:19 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#23 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

There is no ground-breaking new things happening with Vita that I have seen or heard..probably not for me! Plus, why would I want two handhelds? I wonder how many Vita own games will be released?
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#24 HermantoWang

HermantoWang

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

I will buy it in day one, i cant wait to play Uncharted in PSV.

#25 Computrer

Computrer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Interesting results so far, no "Well, DUUUUH!"s. Nice to hear from everybody!

#26 SHADOW

SHADOW

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

im going to get both a 3ds and psvita
Posted Image

#27 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

PSV, no way, I've got a 3DS, and I'm not one of those people who likes to have everything, I'd rather just get some good games on 3DS and play through them, because when I've got other stuff I find I never get around to finishing games. Besides, to buy more consoles would mean less money for buying games.

#28 Cody The Hedgehog

Cody The Hedgehog

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

I'm not buying a PSV, because personally it just doesn't interest me. No offence to anyone but I'd only buy a PSV if Naughty Dog decided to make a Crash Bandicoot 4 exclusive for the system, even then that's probably the only game I'd play on it plus we all know how likely another Crash Bandicoot game is. :)

#29 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

No, im not planning on buying a PSV. Personally, the games look boring and not all that great. Also they just dont appeal to me, it seems that all Sony cares about is RAW power in stead of the games.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 22 June 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#30 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I,m not sure yet. I'll have to wait and see what games come out for it. Most of the games that have been revealed so far that have been labeled as the systems "must have" games are just ports of games that are already on the PS3. I understand porting older games like Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye 007 to newer hardware, as it gives a generation who didn't have the opportunity to play these games before a chance to play them. If I'm going to play something like Uncharted or Little Big Planet, I'm going to play them on the PS3. If some awesome games that aren't ports of PS3 games come to the Vita, but for now I'm spending most of my video game money on Nintendo.
Posted Image

#31 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

I am going to go ahead and get one, just because I never had a PS3 and want to catch up on some the the Sony exclusives. And because I will have access to any handheld game on the market since I already have a 3DS.

#32 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Vote on the poll, and if you feel like it make a post and elaborate your answer.

Edited by NinjaShock, 12 July 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#33 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

For me, it depends on the games. Most of the games for the Vita that have been labeled as the systems "must have" games are ports of games that are already on the PS3. I understand remaking older games for newer hardware, like what Nintendo has done with Ocarina of time, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, and GoldenEye007, as it gives people who didn't have the chance to play them when they where originally released the opportunity to play them and to make improvements to these ageing classics. On the other hand, if I want to play Uncharted, Little Big Planet, or Mod Nation racers I'll play them on the PS3. When the time comes that I see some games that are not PS3 ports that I find interesting(or a remake of the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy) I may consider buying the Vita, but for now my video game money's going to Nintendo.
Posted Image

#34 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

I have the same problem as most of you. I want it but I have to save up for the Wii U and games for Wii U, Wii, PS3 and 3DS first.

#35 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

I wan't one, even though I had a PSP and it was horrible. I heard that the PS Vita was making Call of Duty for it, so you can count me in on having this handheld also. Even though, I'm not going to buy it until after the Wii U and I get all the 3DS games I want. Not to mention Killzone is going to be on the PS VIta, which I am a fan of Killzone. Like 0003mg said, I'll have access to any handheld game in the market.

#36 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

No, I need the money for a Wii U.
No signature here....

#37 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

I clicked "No way" Because I'm poor.

And don't even have a 3DS I've been saving up and I'm not going to use it on a Vita, at all.

Edited by Blade, 13 July 2011 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!