WAAAAAY TOO SOON!

Agreed.

#23 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Announcing a release date ( it's going to be announced in September) and launching just two, three weeks later is a bad idea. It would be similar to the Sega Saturn launch where Sega announced at E3 that the console was available that day. It just wouldn't be good business, I'm betting on a November release before Black Friday.

#24 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Nintendo would have to be insane to release the system the same month they announce the release date / price. So I'm gonna say fake

Edited by gregoryorizal, 12 August 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

#25 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

I personally think November 18th would be an ideal release date for the Wii U's launch. Releasing a system next month wouldn't be a good idea at all. Announcing the release date and price of the Wii U and games on Nintendo Direct next month would be an excellent idea.

Edited by uPadWatcher2, 12 August 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#26 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I doubt it. With that kind of release date it won't have a successful launch. The system will most likely be announced next month as well as the price, and be released in November before black Friday makin it release in September will most likely have a terrible launch and when it has bad sales people will probably not buy the console.

#27 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I hope for an early launch but to be honest almost nobody even knows about the Wii U. They will need to do some serious advertising here in the US before its release because people don't know about it.

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, the chances of the Wii U selling in Spetember are probably equal to the chances of Reggie saying "It's in stores right now suckas!" during their E3 presentation.

Although that would make me lol.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, the chances of the Wii U selling in Spetember are probably equal to the chances of Reggie saying "It's in stores right now suckas!" during their E3 presentation.

Although that would make me lol.

That would have mind blown me.I would be saying that whole time ''did you forget about what happen to sega when they pulled that crap'' throwing everything around the house.I'd be one lost individual. Posted Image
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#30 Dwarphkin

Dwarphkin

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

If it launches in september, I can get it for my birthday, which is in October :3 Plus does everyone forget that sega didn't take into account that the internet wasn't as popular when the Saturn was released. The internet is way more popular now, info on it would spread quicker than it did in the 90's. Plus anyone that would be interested in it, knows what it is. People aren't going to buy it based off of a commercial. Anyone into videogames knows what it is. That's a lot of people. People that dont know will see it in Walmart and Gamestop etc. You don't have to advert stuff for three months for people to know about it. Once it's released everyone WILL know about it. It's 2012 not 1996.

Edited by Dwarphkin, 13 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image
I sometimes wish life was like Fallout 3 ^-^

#31 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think the Wii U will launch on November 11th. It sounds cool and It's not too far from all of the other big Fall releases like Assassins Creed 3 and Need for Speed. Also Black Ops 2 would come out 3 days later. So I think it would be a cool middle spot
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!