• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

It's not Fanboyism when it's true.:P

Emen =:)

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#22 Naomi

Naomi

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    inFamous, Call of Duty, Mario

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

They have slight depth to them, but only slightly, plus as long as they serve their purpose it's fine, right? I mean the PS3 uses it's Bumper buttons as triggers in most games.
New opportunities with this site, I like it

"A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years." Story of my Lif3!

*Lick Partay*

#23 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

who cares really because analog triggers do almost nothing for most games. plus digital triggers can be tapped faster for more intense gameplay

Signature_Fox.png

#24 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

For some games such as racing games it can be crucial.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

It would be a miss not to have them.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

i guess so but most games dont need them and can be worked around. also the controller just wouldnt feel rit wi analog triggers setting ao high but idk alot of people want thwm but i never liked them.

Signature_Fox.png

#27 Naomi

Naomi

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:

who cares really because analog triggers do almost nothing for most games. plus digital triggers can be tapped faster for more intense gameplay

For some games such as racing games it can be crucial.

IMO, pressure sensitive are the best...wait, is that the same this as analog?

*Lick Partay*

#28 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

IMO, pressure sensitive are the best...wait, is that the same this as analog?

it would just make the controller wierd to hold imo because e back of the gamepad has a ridge for the triggers to sit on and the components wouldnt fit inside the controller righht and the room needed for the triggers would take up too much space. triggers arent a bad thing it just doesnt work on e gamepad, idk why the pro controller doesnt have them.

yah they are the same from what i know.

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 16 August 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#29 Naomi

Naomi

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

it would just make the controller wierd to hold imo because e back of the gamepad has a ridge for the triggers to sit on and the components wouldnt fit inside the controller righht and the room needed for the triggers would take up too much space. triggers arent a bad thing it just doesnt work on e gamepad, idk why the pro controller doesnt have them.

yah they are the same from what i know.

I would have made them like the GameCube triggers. I used to play it at my cousins house whenever we'd visit, and they felt Perfect. They contoured well with your index fingers.

If the Wii U had those Triggers, it would be the PERFECT Controller!

And, they are the same?

Edited by Naomi, 16 August 2012 - 05:31 PM.

*Lick Partay*

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

I think the difference here is between Analogue Control Sticks and Analogue Triggers.

Analogue Control Sticks are as the name suggests, and are commonly debated as to being clickable or not.

Analogue Triggers are the pressure sensitive buttons found on the back shoulder buttons of Gamecube, PS3 and XBox360 controllers.

I bring this up because both use the word analogue, and hence some confusion as to what people thought were being discussed.

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

I think the difference here is between Analogue Control Sticks and Analogue Triggers.

Analogue Control Sticks are as the name suggests, and are commonly debated as to being clickable or not.

Analogue Triggers are the pressure sensitive buttons found on the back shoulder buttons of Gamecube, PS3 and XBox360 controllers.

I bring this up because both use the word analogue, and hence some confusion as to what people thought were being discussed.

wii u gamepad and pro controler have clickable analog sticks.

Signature_Fox.png

#32 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

the entire racing genre would be sacrificed with the lack of analogue.

It is necessary for them to have triggers that detect pressure.

#33 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

I know right, ain't it great

AuzzieWingman.png

#34 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

the entire racing genre would be sacrificed with the lack of analogue.

It is necessary for them to have triggers that detect pressure.

I disagree. We've been playing Mario Kart for years, all with button-based acceleration. I really don't think it's that big of a sacrifice. In general, it doesn't really look like there is a huge amount of interest in racing games anyway. Apart from that and Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's mansion, there really isn't any other use for them.
Posted Image

#35 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

I disagree. We've been playing Mario Kart for years, all with button-based acceleration. I really don't think it's that big of a sacrifice. In general, it doesn't really look like there is a huge amount of interest in racing games anyway. Apart from that and Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's mansion, there really isn't any other use for them.

mario kart is not a very good interpretation of the core racing genre its a party game at heart and features very lenient arcade like control's. As apposed to a racing sim like project cars.

and the lack of analogue triggers would cause further disinterest in the racing genre on the wii u.

#36 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

If Project Cars is coming to the Wii U then doesn't that confirm that the controller uses analogue triggers ?
Posted Image

#37 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

If Project Cars is coming to the Wii U then doesn't that confirm that the controller uses analogue triggers ?

no but it proves analog triggers are a waste of space. is it that hard for people to understand that you can just hold down the button longer to accelerate? lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 16 August 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#38 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

You don't get it. Depending on how far down you hold the trigger, you change how fast the car is able to accelerate. This allows you to hold it down fully just to rev to higher speeds, or to hold it down half assed for a cruisier but constant speed.

Holding down a digital button is only going to offer one of these functions. To those who play racing games passionately like Cerb, that's simply a backwards step in the genre. I'm not too into the genre myself, but I can tell there's more than enough strategy in this.

What you are saying is if in a real car, all you have to do is press down the button and the car moves forward. There's no speeding up, there's no slowing down, no threshold or outliers in speed, just one constant.

Like it or not, there's an audience out there for racing games. The games thus far use pressure motions to gauge speed, as it was way back when the only way you could do it was on those Daytona devices in arcades. Cutting out this vital function cuts a whole audience, and that's not what the Wii U is trying to achieve.

Backwards step man, Backwards step.

AuzzieWingman.png

#39 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

no but it proves analog triggers are a waste of space. is it that hard for people to understand that you can just hold down the button longer to accelerate? lol

I hear they're supposed to be more precise or something. I don't really care if it ends up on the controller or not because I don't play those kinds of games, but I think it'd be nice to have for all the car sim fans who want to play their games on the Wii U

Edited by gregoryorizal, 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

You don't get it. Depending on how far down you hold the trigger, you change how fast the car is able to accelerate. This allows you to hold it down fully just to rev to higher speeds, or to hold it down half assed for a cruisier but constant speed.

Holding down a digital button is only going to offer one of these functions. To those who play racing games passionately like Cerb, that's simply a backwards step in the genre. I'm not too into the genre myself, but I can tell there's more than enough strategy in this.

What you are saying is if in a real car, all you have to do is press down the button and the car moves forward. There's no speeding up, there's no slowing down, no threshold or outliers in speed, just one constant.

Like it or not, there's an audience out there for racing games. The games thus far use pressure motions to gauge speed, as it was way back when the only way you could do it was on those Daytona devices in arcades. Cutting out this vital function cuts a whole audience, and that's not what the Wii U is trying to achieve.

Backwards step man, Backwards step.

get a racing wheel other console before like ps1, ps2 ,n64 , wii, etc have had dedicated racing games without pressure triggers so who needs them theres no point in making a big dealmabout it if they probably wont b incorparated anyway

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!