#1 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I emailed ninety asking about analog triggers on both the Wii u gamepad and the pro controller.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the upcoming Wii U console. I know you were hoping for additional information about the Wii U GamePad but, unfortunately, the answer about if they are digital or analog hasn’t yet been revealed. What I can tell you is that everything we have available to share regarding Wii U has been added to our website.

It may be nothing, but he didn't say they weren't, so I still have hope.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

lol the other ones fit the controller better

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

They haven't decided or confirmed whether the triggers are analogue? Just go with the darn analogue if you ask me. Either it's going to be pressure sensitive triggers or just triggers; and this controller is supposed to be the 'ultimate controller'.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

im all for analog triggers but it dont overly matter as for analog sticks you press i find that LOL dumb and totally unnessasery

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

They aren't analog triggers. But at the same time they don't click. Who knows..... Maybe Nintendo has a trick up their sleeves?

Posted Image

#6 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

I emailed ninety asking about analog triggers on both the Wii u gamepad and the pro controller.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the upcoming Wii U console. I know you were hoping for additional information about the Wii U GamePad but, unfortunately, the answer about if they are digital or analog hasn’t yet been revealed. What I can tell you is that everything we have available to share regarding Wii U has been added to our website.

It may be nothing, but he didn't say they weren't, so I still have hope.

I was at E3 dude.

Neither the Wii U Game Pad nor the the Pro Controller had analog triggers.
I repeat, no analog triggers on the controllers at E3. They were just digital buttons.

It's possible that they might change the design again between now and release, but it's doubtful.
In fact, I heard that the versions at E3 were the final versions.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I was pretty disappointed when I first squeezed em.

#7 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

I was simply implying that they might change them. Also no analog triggers, no virtual console GameCube games.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

I was simply implying that they might change them. Also no analog triggers, no virtual console GameCube games.

There customer service is pretty awesome though. i told them about Miiverse.

#9 Carlo_H

Carlo_H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

If nintendo wants to have the definitive console the triggers must be analog. A lot of games use this functionality in the gameplay. If they are digital, 360 and ps3 will be better

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Not true. Nintendo could easily work past that.

Posted Image

#11 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Not true. Nintendo could easily work past that.

and how would they work around that?

#12 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

I believe it was tentatively set to digital triggers, but since the design isn't final, the guy in the e-mail couldn't say one way or the other.
Posted Image

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

and how would they work around that?

They're using much newer technology. This is Nintendo we're talking about.

Posted Image

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

They're using much newer technology. This is Nintendo we're talking about.

i realize its Nintendo and while they are great i still acknowledge that they aren't capable of doing anything just because they're Nintendo.

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

i realize its Nintendo and while they are great i still acknowledge that they aren't capable of doing anything just because they're Nintendo.

Nintendo is the best gaming company, although Sony and Microsoft make great consoles, they don't care about revolutionizing gaming. They would rather update graphics, make it more powerful and be done with it. Nintendo is capable of doing everything, including the small task of making triggers analogue.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Nintendo is the best gaming company, although Sony and Microsoft make great consoles, they don't care about revolutionizing gaming. They would rather update graphics, make it more powerful and be done with it. Nintendo is capable of doing everything, including the small task of making triggers analogue.

i see that being a fan boy has warped your fragile mind.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

They'll be analog. Or at least multi-level digital, to emulate analog, but that would be needless extra work in development. analog-"esque" vs. analog. Either way, the Wii U isn't throwing away the obvious benefits of having progressive input from one mechanism.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 16 August 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#18 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

If nintendo wants to have the definitive console the triggers must be analog. A lot of games use this functionality in the gameplay. If they are digital, 360 and ps3 will be better

No.

#19 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

i see that being a fan boy has warped your fragile mind.

I'm not a fanboy, I actually prefer my ps3 over my wii, because of the lack of
Good games for the wii, I just think Nintendo is better than Sony and Microsoft, mainly because of their ability to make great consoles and software.

I realize by looking back at this quote that it did sound extremely fan boyish and I did not mean for it to sound that way. I just wanted to prove that Nintendo can put analogue triggers on a controller, which someone said they were incanable of doing.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#20 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

I realize by looking back at this quote that it did sound extremely fan boyish and I did not mean for it to sound that way. I just wanted to prove that Nintendo can put analogue triggers on a controller, which someone said they were incanable of doing.

It's not Fanboyism when it's true.:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!