Photo

I have never been this excited for a console in my life.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 GKDAIR

GKDAIR

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hello everyone.

When I first saw the Wii U back in 2011 I was amazed, I figured there could be so many possibilites for it.

Fast forward to today and I can barely contain myself. I already know I will be preordering one THE MINUTE Gamestop or anywhere else says they will take preorders. I already know the games I'm getting, assuming they come out on launch, Zombi U and Lego City. Zombi U I know is going to be a launch game, but I don't know if Lego City is.

Of course I will pick up others like AC3, Batman, and Mass effect 3, all of which I have not played yet, and will only play on the Wii U. Thats not even counting all of the other titles that will be within launch window of the system.

Literally cannot wait for this to come out.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Neither can I, my friend. Neither can I.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

i felt the same way about the wii when it released. then year after year of disappointment with the wii i have an eerie feeling the wii u will be the same.

When i first saw it i thought "that looks sick!!" but now ive been starting to feel the wii u will be more of an obligation of my nintendo fandom than me actually wanting it... its the classic "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" scenario...

If we get shafted by 3rd parties again and i get forced into buying shovelware party games or 1st party carbon copy nintendo platformers **cough cough kirby... mario... donkey kong..im going to hunt down Mr. Iwata and stick a wiimote right up his @$$..

Im a massive Nintendo fan but im also a video game fan and so far we got another ****ing Mario bros. a sub par looking zombie game and a handful of ports (woohoo time to play the new batman!.... wait what)

Im going to get it eventually, i was going to get it at launch day but the little voice in the back of my head is screaming "buyers remorse"... ill probably break down and still get it day of anyways... cuz its not like my lively social life will prevent me from getting it

as long as Nintendo doesn't become their own worst enemy yet again and create their own console so they can choke out 3rd parties just to sell their own games i will be happy

I know this forum is full of optimists so its about time we get a little bit of pessimism up in here (heavy dose of sarcasm....)

(You people are most likely the ones that got me thinking like this, i have reason to believe one of you are a Sony and/or Microsoft fanboy and have used inception to plant these despicable thoughts in my head.... well let me tell you this Mr. mysterious fanboy: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.)

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 21 August 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#4 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

same here but like wii the industrys guna hate and are dreams will be destroyed the limits well there are non its a console of dreams just pull the hate finger out yo azz industry stop hating join the nintendo party have fun make great games if not GO AWAY stop complaining

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm pretty damn excited. I haven't been this pumped for a console launch since the Dreamcast. That says a lot coming from a previous Sega fanboy.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

i felt the same way about the wii when it released. then year after year of disappointment with the wii i have an eerie feeling the wii u will be the same.

When i first saw it i thought "that looks sick!!" but now ive been starting to feel the wii u will be more of an obligation of my nintendo fandom than me actually wanting it... its the classic "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" scenario...

If we get shafted by 3rd parties again and i get forced into buying shovelware party games or 1st party carbon copy nintendo platformers **cough cough kirby... mario... donkey kong..im going to hunt down Mr. Iwata and stick a wiimote right up his @$$..

Im a massive Nintendo fan but im also a video game fan and so far we got another ****ing Mario bros. a sub par looking zombie game and a handful of ports (woohoo time to play the new batman!.... wait what)

Im going to get it eventually, i was going to get it at launch day but the little voice in the back of my head is screaming "buyers remorse"... ill probably break down and still get it day of anyways... cuz its not like my lively social life will prevent me from getting it

as long as Nintendo doesn't become their own worst enemy yet again and create their own console so they can choke out 3rd parties just to sell their own games i will be happy

I know this forum is full of optimists so its about time we get a little bit of pessimism up in here (heavy dose of sarcasm....)

(You people are most likely the ones that got me thinking like this, i have reason to believe one of you are a Sony and/or Microsoft fanboy and have used inception to plant these despicable thoughts in my head.... well let me tell you this Mr. mysterious fanboy: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.)

How the hell was DKCR a carbon copy platformer?!? #what I got out of this comment

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

To be honest, I felt much more excited about the 3DS launch. I guess it's because we don't know much about the Wii U still.
Bring the noise.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

LOL I misread your title. I thought it was: "I've never been excited for a console".
Posted Image

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

How the hell was DKCR a carbon copy platformer?!? #what I got out of this comment

Just cuz its a monkey instead of a plumber doesnt make it different... i just wanna do something with my favorite characters other than run from left to right and jump on stuff

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Just cuz its a monkey instead of a plumber doesnt make it different... i just wanna do something with my favorite characters other than run from left to right and jump on stuff

By that logic all 2D platformers are the same. Level design, Aesthetics, music, secrets, cool gameplay twists, enemies, bosses, etc. dont matter..... RIIIIIIIIGHT???

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

By that logic all 2D platformers are the same. Level design, Aesthetics, music, secrets, cool gameplay twists, enemies, bosses, etc. dont matter..... RIIIIIIIIGHT???

All i want is diversity... we dont need every single nintendo character to be in a platformer

#12 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

I think the Wii U will be so cool. I hope they improve the online play so we can communicate better with the other players
Posted Image

#13 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

All i want is diversity... we dont need every single nintendo character to be in a platformer

Mario, DK and Kirby all started out as platformers. Why should they change?

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Mario, DK and Kirby all started out as platformers. Why should they change?

Nintendo started out as a small card making company. Why did it change?

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I've actually grown less and less excited for the Wii U as time has passed. Jumped on the bandwagon too early.

As I do :P

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

have u heard of zelda?

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

have u heard of zelda?

Wouldnt be surprised if Zelda Wii U was a 2d platformer

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Wouldnt be surprised if Zelda Wii U was a 2d platformer

lol what are you talking about? the wii was really good for platformers thats why ere was so many.

Signature_Fox.png

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

have u heard of zelda?

Not the greatest example of diversity. Zelda has platforming pieces, it just does it without a jump button, or in some games, will use items like the Hookshot and Roc's Feather to get through.

Some games that better fit the diversity idea include:
Golden Sun (JRPG)
Tetris (Puzzle)
Fire Emblem (SRPG)
Wii Series (Motion Gaming)
Sin and Punishment (Rail Shooter)
F-Zero (Racing)
Earthbound (JRPG)

Mario spans across other genres besides platforming, including racing, sports and the Mario Party series.
Donkey Kong and Kirby have been stonger platformers than Mario ever has.

But Nintendo does make a heck of a lot of platformers. It's what they know, and I think it works against them. They need to make games that span other genres, at least this once with the Wii U to show other developers who's boss.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Not the greatest example of diversity. Zelda has platforming pieces, it just does it without a jump button, or in some games, will use items like the Hookshot and Roc's Feather to get through.

Some games that better fit the diversity idea include:
Golden Sun (JRPG)
Tetris (Puzzle)
Fire Emblem (SRPG)
Wii Series (Motion Gaming)
Sin and Punishment (Rail Shooter)
F-Zero (Racing)
Earthbound (JRPG)

Mario spans across other genres besides platforming, including racing, sports and the Mario Party series.
Donkey Kong and Kirby have been stonger platformers than Mario ever has.

But Nintendo does make a heck of a lot of platformers. It's what they know, and I think it works against them. They need to make games that span other genres, at least this once with the Wii U to show other developers who's boss.

yah zelda isnt a platformer mainly though. i agree too

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 21 August 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!