#21 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

No, from the sound of it, it also suffered from lackluster on foot missions though.

I didn't say have the exact same on foot mechanics. I sat and played the multiplayer for hours. It is very under-rated and deserves some huge credit, the first real Star Fox game to have on foot then to in air that was pretty sweet. I would get into the Arwing then I would jump out onto the wing to have a advantage over the person I was playing against.

:D It wasn't broken when you used duel stick control setting in the options before you start the file.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#22 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

I also think (a la multiplayer from 64) that on-foot missions could work... there is no real reason that they couldn't. It all depends on presentation, and something unique and compelling about that aspect of the game. There should be a kind of fun that you can have on foot that is totally unique to that mode of play - a control or gameplay dynamic that makes those missions more than just a break of pace.

#23 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I also think (a la multiplayer from 64) that on-foot missions could work... there is no real reason that they couldn't.  It all depends on presentation, and something unique and compelling about that aspect of the game.  There should be a kind of fun that you can have on foot that is totally unique to that mode of play - a control or gameplay dynamic that makes those missions more than just a break of pace.

Yeah, even though it's not classic starfox, I am in now way in opposition to adding on foot missions to a star fox game as long as they are executed as well as flying in the arwing.

#24 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Wouldnt it be cool to have a Starfox Prequel with the old team James McCloud, young Peppy, and Pigma . Andross still was on the good side as a Cornerian scientist before he turned evil. How Pigma betrayed them and the creation of Star Wolf, etc. It could be an epic game showing how Andross became the evil person he is today.

Fox could even be shown as a little kid and show his emotions for his father.

Edited by Splint, 21 June 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#25 Angrysocks97

Angrysocks97

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, SSB and DK

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

Wouldnt it be cool to have a Starfox Prequel  with the old team James McCloud, young Peppy, and Pigma .  Andross still was on the good side as a Cornerian scientist before he turned evil. How Pigma betrayed them and the creation of Star Wolf, etc.   It could be an epic game showing how Andross became the evil person he is today.  

Fox could even be shown as a little kid and show his emotions for his father.

That would be mad!!!

#26 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Lovin' the prequel idea...

Also, just watched the 3DS footage video from StarFox3D on the nintendo3dsblog, and it got me pretty stoked... hopefully it will be well enough received that it will encourage Nintendo to push for a new entry in the franchise!

#27 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Lovin' the prequel idea...

Also, just watched the 3DS footage video from StarFox3D on the nintendo3dsblog, and it got me pretty stoked... hopefully it will be well enough received that it will encourage Nintendo to push for a new entry in the franchise!

I would buy 5 copies of SF643D just to get another Star Fox.
:)

#28 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

I've never played a Star Fox game... but I will be getting the remake for the 3DS! I'm really excited about it. Miyamoto did mention in an interview one time that he always disappointed that StarFox 2 had to be shelved. The 3DS remake could be a sign the series is ready for a comeback!

#29 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm agreeing that it's time... the original SNES Star Fox was always billed as a technological powerhouse for the hardcore gamer. The amusing-but-telling tag line was "why go to the next level, when you could go centuries beyond?" - a jab at SEGA's "welcome to the next level" slogan - and the unique take on 3D gaming was really striking (and felt revolutionary) at the time.

Point being, Star Fox was made as a showcase for a system's capabilities... it was made for mind-bending presentational feats. The 64 version may not have felt so revolutionary, but it still wowed gamers of its time with its cinematic flair (of rare depth for Nintendo at that time) and its epic action set-pieces.

What better way could there be to introduce gamers to the nascent possibilities inherent to the new hardware than to blow them away with a spectacular, fast-paced adventure with mind-blowing visuals, epically-captivating and imaginative alien environments, and the kind of immersive control experience that could only be available on the WiiU?

#30 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

really hope it happens, why wouldn't it?

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#31 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Either this game or an F-Zero game for the Wii U would be perfect to show off the graphics capability of the new system.

#32 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Something like this and Battlefield 3 is a must for me.
I know I am getting one of them. (BF3)

#33 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

This must happen. Everyone hates the on-foot missions, but I loved them.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#34 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

I sure hope so. Flying through space in HD would be pretty sweet.

MEEE Tooo
Posted Image

#35 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

This must happen. Everyone hates the on-foot missions, but I loved them.

I know right! The on foot wasn't so bad it gave the game a good breather If I wanted a space shooter I would play a 2d space shooter.

#36 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

YES PLEASE!
I thought I was the only one who liked Assault back on the GameCube, and hopefully I'm wrong. The gameplay, although it was only partly in the air, was still very well done, and it was one of the best (if not the best) third-person shooters on the 'Cube. The splitscreen was insanely fun, too, and if any StarFox would come to the Wii U, I'd want it to be a sequel to Assault.

#37 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

I had such amazing fun with Star Fox back on 64, there's actually no Nintendo franchise I want to see make a return more than this one. It's just been TOO LONG since a good game (and in my opinion, the last one worth buying was definitely 64).

I want to see a StarFox game but I don't want them to twist the knife already stabbed into my heart by making it as gay as all the other entries to the series. Cautious optimism.

#38 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

I had such amazing fun with Star Fox back on 64, there's actually no Nintendo franchise I want to see make a return more than this one. It's just been TOO LONG since a good game (and in my opinion, the last one worth buying was definitely 64).

I want to see a StarFox game but I don't want them to twist the knife already stabbed into my heart by making it as gay as all the other entries to the series. Cautious optimism.

Did you play Assault?

#39 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

I played Assault, but it really seemed just very generic and corny. "Nintendo" feel was absent (Namco made it). I don't think I played it for more than an hour.

#40 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

I played Assault, but it really seemed just very generic and corny. "Nintendo" feel was absent (Namco made it). I don't think I played it for more than an hour.

Then that is why you don't like it you didn't do enough with it to realize the greatness. :D But really it was a great game to many all my friends had it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!