#1 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

What I see StarFox now as is just StarFox 64 ports or lousy portable versions *cough* StarFox Command *cough*.
But what about the sequel to the last great StarFox game Assault? Are they just sitting there expecting you to play it over and over until the disk breaks? I think they are working on a massive air to on foot adventure that they had back on the Gamecube just back in 2005. I definatly think its going to take advantage of the WiiU's controller to use it to shoot and the sticks to control the craft your riding in.

So do you want to see what they can do on this new system?

Any thoughts on this

Wish list:
-On foot missions and vast variety of weapons
-New Aperiods to set off the next story
-More realistic looking effects as in textures and ballistics
-A deep and immersive storyline
-New Characters (including the original cast)
-New planets
-Online Multiplayer
-Improved on foot mechanics
-New story (Multipath and multiending)
-Co-Op online and off
-Nothing like command

Anything else?

Edited by bsgpro, 03 July 2011 - 08:06 AM.

Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Aren't the Aperiods finished, since the Queen was destroyed?

In my opinion, Nintendo should create an entirely new story. :angry:

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 sonicguy25

sonicguy25

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

I agree with Nin10doh.

New story. Also, a more even amount of Arwing and on-foot missions, and vastly improved on-foot mechanics.

Also, I'd hope for more than 10 missions with only 1 path...

#4 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

co-op campaign and deep story with plenty of replay value (never really play any sf games fully)

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

The on-foot missions were the worst one's, they should either fix it or leave it out completely.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

A Star Fox game will probably happen, but I doubt we'll be seeing a sequel to Assault, after all the hate it's gotten.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#7 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

I think they are working on a massive air to on foot adventure that they had back on the Gamecube just back in 2005. I definatly think its going to take advantage of the WiiU's controller to use it to shoot and the sticks to control the craft your riding in.

THIS!!! I've been gushing about this possibility all over the place on these forums... and I think it would be the PERFECT franchise for a good, third person, co-op minded adventure with epic scale and killer graphics. Just think about the possibilities for massive action set pieces, rpg elements, intense firefights, etc.

As Retro studios is currently quiet about their projects (other than helping with one level for MarioKart3DS), I can always dream that they have been tasked with this assignment and that it's in the works... not that it's terribly likely, BUT A MAN CAN DREAM!

#8 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Fox should stay in vehicles, that's where he shines. The on foot missions were horrible.
The Zelda style adventure that was Dinosaur Planet was a great game but the characters didn't fit at all.

#9 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

the last great StarFox game Assault?

Stopped reading right there.

Fox should stay in vehicles, that's where he shines. The on foot missions were horrible.
The Zelda style adventure that was Dinosaur Planet was a great game but the characters didn't fit at all.

This

Edited by Deboog, 18 June 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#10 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

i wouldnt mind star fox for u
Posted Image

#11 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, star fox 64 was the last great console star fox game, and it was entirely vehicle based. I could do without on foot missions. A return to the arwing is what the series needs to give it a shot in the arm.

#12 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, star fox 64 was the last great console star fox game, and it was entirely vehicle based. I could do without on foot missions. A return to the arwing is what the series needs to give it a shot in the arm.

Man, I'm just glad there's some fan interest in the series... tbh, I didn't play assault or adventures. the one in my mind is 64, and I just like the series in general.

#13 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Man, I'm just glad there's some fan interest in the series... tbh, I didn't play assault or adventures. the one in my mind is 64, and I just like the series in general.

I must have played through Starfox64 almost 100 times. I suffered through 1 playthrough of adventures. The one for the DS wasn't half bad though.

#14 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

Just an idea at least this topic got more atention than the one I made on the 3ds forums.

I am not saying that Assault was perfect in any way but it was better than the completely on foot Adventures.
Improved on foot mechanics is to be added...
New story is also to be added...

I must have played through Starfox64 almost 100 times. I suffered through 1 playthrough of adventures. The one for the DS wasn't half bad though.

Did you play Assault?
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#15 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

Did you play Assault?

No, from the sound of it, it also suffered from lackluster on foot missions though.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

No, from the sound of it, it also suffered from lackluster on foot missions though.

It did suffer from foot missions but overall assault was way better than adventures,which wasn't even a star fox game just like how Kirby epic yarn wasn't a Kirby game, assault also had a fun multiplayer or at least I thought it was fun and it felt like a star fox game.

#17 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

I had heard that Assault was more "starfox-like". Adventures sure wasn't. They just threw fox into an action game with dinosaurs and called it Starfox.

#18 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

I had heard that Assault was more "starfox-like". Adventures sure wasn't. They just threw fox into an action game with dinosaurs and called it Starfox.

thats actually true
they originally planned a new ip but threw fox into the mix

#19 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

Star Fox does seem like a game that would benefit from the Wii U's HD graphics, so I'd say there's a good chance it'll make its way onto the new console.

#20 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Star Fox does seem like a game that would benefit from the Wii U's HD graphics, so I'd say there's a good chance it'll make its way onto the new console.

I sure hope so. Flying through space in HD would be pretty sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!