• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hmmm... I hope they have some of these experiences in England (around my area too!). I want to try it out before I buy it. It seems to me that even some of the biggest Ninty fans are disappointed in it and I don't want another 360 incident again (I thought the 360 was really cool on YouTube and all my friends had one and I brought it and it was crap!). :/

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#22 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

heres a comparison between the ps3 and wii u so yeah of coarse its only one shot but the wii u version looks so much better in this shot with a longer draw distance the snow looks alot better the explosion looking more realistic plus everything being more detailed

http://wiiudaily.com...ps3-comparison/

Am I the only one that notices the wii u one has a blimp in the sky and the ps3 one doesn't.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#23 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hmm, it seems to me that you were more disappointing with the Wii U experience event not having certain things, and Batman.

Was it the fact you had to draw out every transformation or what?
[/font][/color]
I imagine we will all have to get used to this new controller, it took me almost 2 months to get used to the xbox controller the first time i got my xbox.

All in all, this event is to show the majority of the public stuff that is now over 2 months old. But hopefully your concerns are addressed.

Yeah I was in a Smash Bros. Brawl competition and lost because I couldnt get used to the classic controller pro.

#24 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

my take is you have problem with the game itself, not the Wii U. because of the game alone, it ruined your experience. Furthermore, there really isn't anything on the Wii U experience so far that really is outstanding, except for ZombiU. And you missed that.

I'm hoping everything will change this september.
urhhh.. potatoes?

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

POPULAR

So...your reasoning for Nintendo making a mistake, is you were inexperienced with the gamepad tablet, Batman didn't blow the other versions out of the water, and the gamepad didn't show proof of concept.

Hear ye, Hear ye, Spoiler Alert incoming!

The GamePad is obviously something that's going to take a good deal of practice using before you feel comfortable with it. That's the way it was with the DS, and the Wiimote+Nunchuk.
Next-gen consoles rarely ever blow the previous generation out of the water at launch. The Xbox 360 is living proof of that.
Very few launch-day releases that use an innovative controller show impressive proof of concept. Take the Wii, for example. We didn't get a great proof of concept for that until Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.

To be honest, your status update extremely overexaggerated, and this sounds to me like you had higher expectations going in than you should have.

GC out!

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#26 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

was there any ac3,darksiders 2 or mass effect 3? These are games I am undoubtedly looking forward to getting my hands on.
I'm going to Eurogamer so I will be checking it out for my self check the forum on the 28th to 29th under Wii U games and hardware.

hey cool i'm going to euro gamer too!! sadly i'm 3 months from turning 18 which means they won't let me play any good games like AC3 or zombi u :'(

anyway, in response to the topic, Batman Arkham City looks far superior on the Wii U than the ps3 version, i've seen direct comparisons and its undeniable, what u probably did is the same that many journalists did, u saw the new armour that Batman is wearing in armoured addition, its more polished and shiny and it appears as though its a poorer texture replacing the suit he has in the ps3 version. It's not a poorer texture, its simply just a different appearance, the environments of the wii u version are more detailed. the rest of ur problems don't really affect me i don't think, i still understand the importance of the controller for core games, just because i haven't played zombi u doesn't mean i can't just look up some footage and be convinced that way. the size of the controller is hardly a problem because as u said, the pro controller can take over if i dont like the big one
Posted Image

#27 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

thats wierd i thought you liked the wii u lol. theres no way batman looks worse i have seen comparisons, and it looks significantly better on wii u, so that kindof false.

Signature_Fox.png

#28 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hmmm... I hope they have some of these experiences in England (around my area too!). I want to try it out before I buy it. It seems to me that even some of the biggest Ninty fans are disappointed in it and I don't want another 360 incident again (I thought the 360 was really cool on YouTube and all my friends had one and I brought it and it was crap!). :/

go to eurogamer tickets are dirt cheap and the wii u will be there

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#29 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Am I the only one that notices the wii u one has a blimp in the sky and the ps3 one doesn't.

Thats because Batman Armored edition is sponsored by Goodyear :P

#30 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

But that explosion picture is a cutscene. I believe the other one is too.

I looked at gameplay vids and it looks the same as PS3.

I felt as though the shadows, and lighting were less impressive. That is one of the more important visual aspect of the game, and I felt like that made the game look much worse. It is probably a personal preference kind of thing, and I guess I fall on the side of thinking it looks worse.

Guess i'm the only ne then... #Foreveralone
Using your finger to drag items, do you think it might have lagged behind because you didn't use the styalus? (However you spell it)

I didn't even think about that. That could have been it, but I would like to believe that it was just the game, and not the gamepad.

Look at the building to the right.

The wii u one has super textures while the PS3 one has tick tack sharp ones.

Actually think the PS3 version looks better here.

Like I said above I think it is a personal preference. Some things are better, and some are worse. Peoples opinions come from what they most look at when determining how the graphics look.

was there any ac3,darksiders 2 or mass effect 3? These are games I am undoubtedly looking forward to getting my hands on.
I'm going to Eurogamer so I will be checking it out for my self check the forum on the 28th to 29th under Wii U games and hardware.

None of those games were present. They had posters for them, but none of them were playable.

I think they can still rectify themselves in my eyes, but as of right now I have to maintain that they are making a mistake, because I don't understand why this would appeal to anyone beyond hardcore Nintendo fans. I'm sure Nintendo will eventually do something to make this appeal to everyone.

my take is you have problem with the game itself, not the Wii U. because of the game alone, it ruined your experience. Furthermore, there really isn't anything on the Wii U experience so far that really is outstanding, except for ZombiU. And you missed that.

I'm hoping everything will change this september.
Exactly the problem here. Nothing convinced me that this is a worthwhile console that I will be using more than 2-3 years from now.

So...your reasoning for Nintendo making a mistake, is you were inexperienced with the gamepad tablet, Batman didn't blow the other versions out of the water, and the gamepad didn't show proof of concept.

Hear ye, Hear ye, Spoiler Alert incoming!

The GamePad is obviously something that's going to take a good deal of practice using before you feel comfortable with it. That's the way it was with the DS, and the Wiimote+Nunchuk.
Next-gen consoles rarely ever blow the previous generation out of the water at launch. The Xbox 360 is living proof of that.
Very few launch-day releases that use an innovative controller show impressive proof of concept. Take the Wii, for example. We didn't get a great proof of concept for that until Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2.

To be honest, your status update extremely overexaggerated, and this sounds to me like you had higher expectations going in than you should have.

GC out!

I will stand by my status. I think that they are going to lose a ton of money based off of what I have played. As for my opinion on Batman. What reason should there be for this version not to blow the others out of the water. If Wii U actually hinders one of the best games ever made, how am I supposed to believe that games that aren't as well made, will fare much better. I am going to stand by my status. They didn't prove to me that this will appeal to anyone beyond us.

thats wierd i thought you liked the wii u lol. theres no way batman looks worse i have seen comparisons, and it looks significantly better on wii u, so that kindof false.

I did like it, and I will still be buying it, I am just not convinced. As for Batman read what I have said to other people. For me it seems like the lighting, and shadows look worse, which is the most important part of the graphics in that game.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#31 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I felt as though the shadows, and lighting were less impressive. That is one of the more important visual aspect of the game, and I felt like that made the game look much worse. It is probably a personal preference kind of thing, and I guess I fall on the side of thinking it looks worse.

Like I said above I think it is a personal preference. Some things are better, and some are worse. Peoples opinions come from what they most look at when determining how the graphics look.

I will stand by my status. I think that they are going to lose a ton of money based off of what I have played. As for my opinion on Batman. What reason should there be for this version not to blow the others out of the water. If Wii U actually hinders one of the best games ever made, how am I supposed to believe that games that aren't as well made, will fare much better. I am going to stand by my status. They didn't prove to me that this will appeal to anyone beyond us.

I did like it, and I will still be buying it, I am just not convinced. As for Batman read what I have said to other people. For me it seems like the lighting, and shadows look worse, which is the most important part of the graphics in that game.

But wait Batman looks so much better on the Wii U doesnt it?

Posted Image

#32 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

lol yah it does actually

Signature_Fox.png

#33 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

Yes... Yes it does. -_-

lol yah it does actually

Play both versions before you make an opinion for yourself. You will sound like a fanboy otherwise.

Mig_Sig.png

#34 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yes... Yes it does. -_-

Play both versions before you make an opinion for yourself. You will sound like a fanboy otherwise.

lol im going by what people have been saying and hearing and you are in the minority. i dont sound like a fanboy, because im going by facts.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LXrFpePjc

that would be like calling you an xbox fanboy because you think the other version looks better except i have evidense lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 26 August 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#35 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I respect your opinion, BUUUUUT, you barely did anything as it was a demo.

#36 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

lol im going by what people have been saying and hearing and you are in the minority. i dont sound like a fanboy, because im going by facts.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=h_LXrFpePjc

It is really all about opinions in this case. Somethings are better, and some are worse. The things that were worse stood out to me more than the things that were better. That is all there is to it.

Mig_Sig.png

#37 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I guess I fall on the side of thinking it looks worse.

Yes... Yes it does.

Lol which is it?? Cant be both

...posted this and then saw your post above^^^ disregard the question as you have answered it above :P .... darn you for typing faster than me

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 26 August 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#38 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I respect your opinion, BUUUUUT, you barely did anything as it was a demo.

That is true, but I still have to go off of what I felt when I played it. I was disappointed. That was all there was to it.

Lol which is it?? Cant be both

I was joking on that last one. Sorry I should have made that more clear. :P

Mig_Sig.png

#39 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

As far as the size, it probably won't be a problem with me since I have Hulk hands.

I think, like you said, we need more games. Perhaps a few developers are still "meh" right now, but they could be the ones to bring more innovation to the controller. Heck, Nintendo might even pull out a smaller Gamepad. *shrugs*

#40 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well, no surprises here...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!