Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

we all know it there broken and if they do bring it back they have to fix it AGAIN!
i was just playing skyward sword and i could swing properly.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#2 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

POPULAR

no they don't! i like them a lot!

#3 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

no
urhhh.. potatoes?

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

in my opinion the only good 1st party motion controls were galaxy games. very limited and simplistic. i didnt like SS because of the motion controls. too much of the gameplay required it. they should keep it to the very minimum or give us true secondary options like gamepad pro controller.

Edited by TRON, 27 August 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

I could never get SS to work, very spastic, NHL 2K11 worked great though, that was one of the funnest games ive ever played thanks to wii motion +

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Agree, except with Zelda, and Mario, the mition controls sucked and It drove
Me towards ps360..

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

look motion plus works perfectly fine, people keep failing (including some of my friends and relatives) cos they insist on waggling!! it frustrates me so much!! its 1:1!!! so u swing ur arm like a real sword, its immersive, its what people used to wish video games would be like!! now they made it a reality and people insist on shaking their wrist and waggling so it doesn't respond properly
Posted Image

#8 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Agree, except with Zelda, and Mario, the mition controls sucked and It drove
Me towards ps360..

How did the motion controls in Mario drive you toward other consoles? All you had to do was barely shake the controller.

Edited by WisdomPowerCourage, 27 August 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Then they'd lose a lot of their appeal to the casual market.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Motion Controls have received a bad rep as opposed to standard controllers for several reasons:

1. Motion Controls need to be set up properly. Because of this, people have needed to create the space required for motion gaming, something that doesn't necessarily fit every scenario out there. I'll say it was first widely noticeable with the EyeToy on the PS2 in the home setting, but if you've ever been so unlucky as to lose $2 to a poorly calibrated Time Crisis 2 at your local arcade, well I know that feel, bro.

Basically put, space needs to be made for motion gaming.

2. Developers. Some developers are smart, and are capable of utilising the motion controls they have available in masterful ways. However, a lot put the wrong features to the motions, generally making it either a mostly idle but necessary function, or a complete wagglefest. Super Mario Galaxy let you do two simple functions: Star Bit Collection/Shooting, and Spin Attacks. It was a good example of how to properly utilise the functions of motion gaming.

Medal of Honour: Heroes 2 on the other hand, is a different story. I found it rather annoying that I had to hold the Wii Remote over my shoulder to aim a Panzershrek, or twist the Wii Remote to change the optic power of a Sniper Rifle. While from the developers view this would be a pretty cool concept, even the slightest motion mistake could spell disaster in online multiplayer.

In summation: developers can easily do wrong with motion controls while trying to be creative, and therefore may end up making discouraging games.

3. The Wiimote Dilemma
The problem with Wii Games is that all the games had to use the Wiimote, or Wiimote and Nunchuk combination. The only games that ever ended up being safe were the Virtual Console titles, and some Wii Shop titles, which required the Classic Controller. This is because it was the default controller. This too, ended up discouraging a lot of developers, if not all of them, to making certain types of titles to the Wii. I'm surprised to find Monster Hunter could actually work on a Wiimote and Nunchuk. I tried not to use the CCPro one time, and found the controls to be absolutely ridiculous to use.

The Wii U shouldn't suffer the same fate as it does have all traditional functions, plus a touchscreen, so it should actually have more functions than a standard controller.

Nintendo and other companies won't completely rid the Wii U of motion controls, but I can guarantee you that this won't be the focus of what they are selling with the Wii U. It's main draws are the touchscreen incorporation to the standard control schemes, and the asymmetric game play angles. Developers are probably going to be more focused on utilising those features into their titles, and we will see it. Some titles will do it spectacularly, and some will completely flop, Conduit 2 style.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

If the motion controls didn't work for you in SS, then you obviously didn't place the sensor bar in the right place.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

How did the motion controls in Mario drive you toward other consoles? All you had to do was barely shake the controller.

I said everything except Mario and Zelda, I guess my post was confusing so Srry for confusing you.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

When it comes to the IR pointer, it made fps games playable for the first time on console, which is great. And it's also perfect for rts like Pikmin. You might say it's a great substitute for a mouse. When it comes to the motion+functionality, some games, such as SS and Red Steel 2 were more or less built around it, and they worked. In games like Super Mario Galaxy, it could have been replaced by another button, but it didn't get in the way of gameplay. A lot of other games were best played with CC or Gamecube controller. So to me, the IR pointer needs to stay, otherwise I don't think I care.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I don't think we will need to worry. I believe most games it will be an option. Want to use the pro controller for everything? I'm sure you will be able to. Motion control will be a major part of most you casual games along with the gamepad. No need to start freaking out before the system launches on this.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should get rid of it.

2lvmghw.png

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should get rid of it.

After thinking about it... Your right. I do not like it (other than for SS) but it opens up more opportunities for the wii u and it will help keep the casual market. I say keep it but I want ninty to focus on the gamepad, MC should be an option for 3rd party developers.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I totally disagree with the topic title. Getting back to the original controllers would kill the Wii U. And let's face it. If Sony and Microsoft make another console with only a standard controller, they won't sell at all. And Nintendo did a smart move by making the motion controls an option with the Wii U since most of the time you'll be using the Wii U controller. So basically, you have the GamePad, the Wii U controller Pro (standard controller) and motion controls. It's the best thing that could happen.
Posted Image

#18 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I totally disagree with the topic title. Getting back to the original controllers would kill the Wii U. And let's face it. If Sony and Microsoft make another console with only a standard controller, they won't sell at all. And Nintendo did a smart move by making the motion controls an option with the Wii U since most of the time you'll be using the Wii U controller. So basically, you have the GamePad, the Wii U controller Pro (standard controller) and motion controls. It's the best thing that could happen.

It truly is the best thing that could happen, you have every gameplay opportunity for developers.

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

It truly is the best thing that could happen, you have every gameplay opportunity for developers.

I only hope most of the games will take advantage of that.
Posted Image

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

if a game works better with them keep it. motion controls have a place in gaming , just because you dont like them doesnt mean ey will abandon them

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!