Photo

GameStop OoT Preview Event Awesomeness

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: GameStop OoT Preview Event Awesomeness (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you go to the GameStop Preview Event?

1. Oh, yeah (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Oh... no. (say why) (8 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Computrer

Computrer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

So, I went to GameStop today (Sat. June 18, 2011) for the OoT preview event. It went just about as good as it could have gone. It was a small GameStop, but it was the only one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that was having the event, making it take an hour to get there (and back). But It was SO worth it.

So I walk in with my buddy, who seemed to be more interested in old PSP games than anything. :P There were was this young man and a lady who seemed to be in here 40s or 50s, but still had a passion for gaming. The lady came up to me and asked my what I was here for, I told her, and I motioned toward the table where all of the 3DS (3 of em') and Zelda stickers and a Zelda OoT 3D box were. She said OK, I walked over there, and got my Zelda on. There were only 5 people at the table, which was about the size of a small cubical desk. There were Me and my friend, some other person, and the two people who worked for Nintendo (not GameStop, surprisingly). The game. Was. FANTASTIC!!!!! I loved every singe bit of that 45 minutes to the soul. The Nintendo worker people were SO... NICE. The young guy talked about E3 and all of the games coming and just everything awesomesauce, while the lady was really quiet. We all talked about the game, and I got to play with the motion-sensing bow&arrow thing. (Spectacular)

THEN... I told him where I was from, and that's where it all changed. The lady said "Woooooooooooow, you drove all the way to Dallas just for this?!" And she started getting all crazed up and she gave me a bunch of free stuff!!! First, she gave me this OFFICIAL collection of Zelda stickers you couldn't get anywhere else. The stickers were a foot tall at the most (Ganondorf) and were just fabulous. Now this is the really cool part: The young guy gave me OFFICIAL life-sized AR cards, the whole deck- for free!!! I live in America so you can't just go to Club Nintendo and get ourself a deck of AR cards like Australia and Japan, so that was really sweet! But wait, there's more: They also game my an OFFICIAL Nintendo 3DS lanyard (!!!!!!!), which said Nintendo 3DS on it and had some of those DS rectangles on it.

So I stayed until 5, which was when the event closed. They said they enjoyed having us and not too many people turned up, but DAAAAAAAAAANG, was that worth the drive!

I'll try to post some pictures of the stuff later.

EDIT: Pictures are on the next page!

Edited by Computrer, 29 June 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#2 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

I mostly didn't go because there wasn't a store near me that did it, the closest one was like 70 miles away and IMO it wasn't worth driving that far to see something I will have the next day. But it is awesome to here how it was! Thanks!

Oh and i am officially jealous of you now! I want some free Zelda stuff!!!!!

Edited by Camcam281, 18 June 2011 - 06:37 PM.

Posted Image

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

i ddnt go because i didnt hear about it ~_~

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Sadly Australia doesn't have very good events. Though hopefully as our gaming community grows we'll be able to have awesome events.

#5 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

My GameStop never does events...
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Man your lucky! I would gone to my gamestop, but i didnt hear of anything.... :P

#7 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

There wasn't a store near by that had one. But I played a preview about two months ago at Wondercon.

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

So, I went to GameStop today (Sat. June 18, 2011) for the OoT preview event. It went just about as good as it could have gone. It was a small GameStop, but it was the only one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that was having the event, making it take an hour to get there (and back). But It was SO worth it.

So I walk in with my buddy, who seemed to be more interested in old PSP games than anything. :P There were was this young man and a lady who seemed to be in here 40s or 50s, but still had a passion for gaming. The lady came up to me and asked my what I was here for, I told her, and I motioned toward the table where all of the 3DS (3 of em') and Zelda stickers and a Zelda OoT 3D box were. She said OK, I walked over there, and got my Zelda on. There were only 5 people at the table, which was about the size of a small cubical desk. There were Me and my friend, some other person, and the two people who worked for Nintendo (not GameStop, surprisingly). The game. Was. FANTASTIC!!!!! I loved every singe bit of that 45 minutes to the soul. The Nintendo worker people were SO... NICE. The young guy talked about E3 and all of the games coming and just everything awesomesauce, while the lady was really quiet. We all talked about the game, and I got to play with the motion-sensing bow&arrow thing. (Spectacular)

THEN... I told him where I was from, and that's where it all changed. The lady said "Woooooooooooow, you drove all the way to Dallas just for this?!" And she started getting all crazed up and she gave me a bunch of free stuff!!! First, she gave me this OFFICIAL collection of Zelda stickers you couldn't get anywhere else. The stickers were a foot tall at the most (Ganondorf) and were just fabulous. Now this is the really cool part: The young guy gave me OFFICIAL life-sized AR cards, the whole deck- for free!!! I live in America so you can't just go to Club Nintendo and get ourself a deck of AR cards like Australia and Japan, so that was really sweet! But wait, there's more: They also game my an OFFICIAL Nintendo 3DS lanyard (!!!!!!!), which said Nintendo 3DS on it and had some of those DS rectangles on it.

So I stayed until 5, which was when the event closed. They said they enjoyed having us and not too many people turned up, but DAAAAAAAAAANG, was that worth the drive!

I'll try to post some pictures of the stuff later.

That sounds absolutely awesome. I don't think any stores around my area did any launch events for Zelda: OoT 3D. Lucky, lucky you.

Can you please get some pics? I'd love to see them.

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

In the UK, our video game stores don't tend to do events like this, at least not from my knowledge. It sounds like this event was great though!

#10 Computrer

Computrer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

OK, I'm taking pictures now, should be up in a few minutes.

#11 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Awesome! Cause I really want to see them also! Bring on the media!!!! :D
Posted Image

#12 Computrer

Computrer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

Sorry about the rubbish quality and the masivity of the images.
So here's the lanyard on my penguin shaped humidifier:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the main attraction, the AR cards:

Posted Image

And here's an AR card compared to the size of a small hand:

Posted Image

Here we have the AR cards in action on my 3DS:

Posted Image

I used Wario for the Mii :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let's see if I can show you guys the stickers.

OK, here are ALL of the stickers:

Kid Link:

Posted Image

Adult Link:

Posted Image

Ganondorf:

Posted Image

For some reason, the forums turned these into links, but enjoy anyway!

Sheik and Zelda:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6929/img0174xu.jpg

Link Riding Epona:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4863/img0175g.jpg

Generic OoT sticker:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6224/img0176un.jpg

If anyone thinks of a place where I should stick these, let me know!

I mostly didn't go because there wasn't a store near me that did it, the closest one was like 70 miles away and IMO it wasn't worth driving that far to see something I will have the next day. But it is awesome to here how it was! Thanks!

Oh and i am officially jealous of you now! I want some free Zelda stuff!!!!!

Sorry, buddy! Maybe they'll start selling it, IDK.

Edited by Computrer, 20 June 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#13 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Your GameStop is the best. Seriously. I envy you for getting all that free swag.

By the way, if you use the attachment system, you can put as many images as you want into one post. :D

#14 Computrer

Computrer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Your GameStop is the best. Seriously. I envy you for getting all that free swag.

By the way, if you use the attachment system, you can put as many images as you want into one post. :)

It isn't really my GameStop, I traveled a bit of a ways to get to the store. And thanks for the tip :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!