Photo

The Crap That GameStop Gives Me (and Other People)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

When having a chat with a GameStop employee a couple weeks ago, he said that the quantities of the Wii U would be very limited. Funny thing, other GameStop employees actually told me the same thing for Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. (I was actually told that OoT 3D would be on shelves for a limited time, and that I pre-ordered the last copy that they are going to get in the first shipping.)

Earlier today, I saw that people are asking their local GameStops for info on the Wii U, and getting told that there will be very limited quantities. I just wanted to say, this is a bunch of bullcrap. GameStop says these things to get you to pre-order. As I said before, GameStop tells people this for most, if not all, major Nintendo products.

(This whole thread might sound stupid to you, but I really don't want to see people ranting on this forum.)

Edited by Blake, 11 September 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

wow they are DUMB.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

POPULAR

Sounds like a rather sly business tactic to me. Maybe this is also why some stores are denying there'll be a midnight launch, so they can get more preorders beforehand.

Posted Image

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sounds like a rather sly business tactic to me.

This is exactly what I think.

#5 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Business is business if they can trick the customer they will, yeah it sounds bad but you got to do what is best for your business. The 3 Gamestops in my town have the nicest people in them and have never fed me bs then again I know about the industry. I never see them steering anyone wrong, then again I'm from a area that has generally nice people.

#6 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

POPULAR

I don't care.
They're tricking people into pre-ordering quality.

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Business is business if they can trick the customer they will, yeah it sounds bad but you got to do what is best for your business. The 3 Gamestops in my town have the nicest people in them and have never fed me bs then again I know about the industry. I never see them steering anyone wrong, then again I'm from a area that has generally nice people.

It's not as simple as that. The people tricking customers are people, i.e. human beings with morals and responsibilities against other human beings. You can't hide behind the "business" argument to get away from your personal responsibility. Besides, being considered an softshell lizard by your costumers is generally bad for business. Off topic, I know, you don't need to reply.

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

This is exactly what I think.

me too

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think it's just a typical business tactic, and this is nothing new for GameStop. They always try to get you to preorder like, EVERYTHING!

Mines never done that though
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Uhg, I want to preorder at bestbuy but my brother is making us go to GameStop. Also I have a question, if I preorder the Wii U on amazon how long after launch will I have to wait till it comes or will it come on launch day?

#11 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Uhg, I want to preorder at bestbuy but my brother is making us go to GameStop. Also I have a question, if I preorder the Wii U on amazon how long after launch will I have to wait till it comes or will it come on launch day?

It'll probably come even before launch! Amazon is know to do that!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

It'll probably come even before launch! Amazon is know to do that!

Not before a console launch. There is no way.

#13 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Not before a console launch. There is no way.

R u sure? They do it with games so I'd expect that they do it with consoles 2?

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

POPULAR

To be honest, I've never asked if pre-order quanities would be limited, nor have I been told that whenever asking about the Wii U.

Really, if I want something, I'll pre-order it anyway irregardless of what a store clerk says.

This being said...am I really the odd duck out in that I've never actually had a bad experience at a GameStop? xD

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

You never know with Gamestop. However, one of my local ones had far to many pre-orders for the Wii and had to give them out in 3 different stages based on when they were pre-ordered. So like the first 50 then the next..etc..

Edited by TrickySx4, 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

I really hate Gamestop a lot. I hardly get anything from them anymore unless there is some special pre-order or deal going on. And I especially hate how at Gamestop they always bring up if there is anything you want to pre-order. It always makes me feel a little uncomfortable because they keep asking over and over after you already said no. That's not good for business since it pisses people off.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#17 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

To be honest, I've never asked if pre-order quanities would be limited, nor have I been told that whenever asking about the Wii U.

Really, if I want something, I'll pre-order it anyway irregardless of what a store clerk says.

This being said...am I really the odd duck out in that I've never actually had a bad experience at a GameStop? xD

Nope. Back in July I went to buy Heroes of Ruin for the 3DS. I didn't see any copies on shelves so I asked the guy, "do you have Heroes of Ruin here?" And he said, "no, we generally don't get a lot of 3DS games within the first couple of weeks because it's not that popular." "I mean, didn't it just come out like a couple months ago?" Pure stupidity! Yeah, more like a couple months ago PLUS a year! -_-

#18 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

I actually believe this cause your talking about a store, that when you buy a $60 item, they offer you $5.

#19 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

This seems like something corporate, but I haven't encountered this at all. In fact a lot of the problems people have with GameStop I don't encounter. Every time I go to GameStop they are often very fun, knowledgeable, and courteous to me. The few exceptions I can think have been while they are busy and just cannot be very interactive. But I digress, this is a very sly tactic.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#20 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

This seems like something corporate, but I haven't encountered this at all. In fact a lot of the problems people have with GameStop I don't encounter. Every time I go to GameStop they are often very fun, knowledgeable, and courteous to me. The few exceptions I can think have been while they are busy and just cannot be very interactive. But I digress, this is a very sly tactic.

I've never had an issue with gamestop employees... but in general, I can't stand the company...their policies...and they are rip offs on trade ins. I used to work for Game Crazy...God I miss that place..
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!