#1 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Now, I am not sure if this has already been confirmed or not, but now it definitetly has. Nintendo confirmed video chat on their website: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu it's at the bottom.

Here's a copy paste:
"

Wii U Features

In addition to introducing new ways to play, Wii U also offers users a variety of non-gaming features to enhance the overall experience.
  • Miiverse: Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content. Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing. From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.
  • TV Remote: The Wii U GamePad controller may also function as an infrared TV remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.
  • Near Field Communication (NFC): The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.
  • Nintendo eShop: The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.
  • Video Entertainment: Nintendo is working with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube to bring video experiences to Wii U that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.
  • Video Chat: Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.
  • Internet Browser: Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches.
It also seems like you can pause the game at any time to add a message to miiverse.

Edited by coolsarahkry, 12 September 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

yh it was confirmed when they showed it off at the pre E3 nintendo direct. companies don't show stuff off unless their product can actually do it cos it sends out the wrong image if they do. they don't need to confirm it if they show it. juust like the black wii u, there really shouldn't have been doubts in people's minds about whether or not we were getting it at launch cos they showed it off as much as the white.
Posted Image

#3 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hopefully we can chat and/or video chat during a game.

Edited by dUstin, 12 September 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Im pretty sure Video Chat has been confirmed already:

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

oh yeah. Well, take this as a reminder. And don't forget that I said maybe games can be paused at any time to add a message to miiverse, which would be awesome.
I love that commercial, btw.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#6 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Well, I could care less for that, especially if I have to put it on that docking back thing.

I want to be able to chat during a game. If that's not there... why? ... why? ... why?

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Video chat will be a cool feature. I do agree that video chat during games needs to be available. Maybe the other person will show up in a small box in the corner of the touch pad, or T.V. screen. The only time that I would do this though would be for playing games online with friends.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Well, I could care less for that, especially if I have to put it on that docking back thing.

I want to be able to chat during a game. If that's not there... why? ... why? ... why?

How would you feel about chatting during a paused game?

#9 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

How would you feel about chatting during a paused game?

That's fine. However, it has to be Liveish.

#10 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

wow that sounds cool!
Posted Image

#11 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Video chat will be a cool feature. I do agree that video chat during games needs to be available. Maybe the other person will show up in a small box in the corner of the touch pad, or T.V. screen. The only time that I would do this though would be for playing games online with friends.

Yeah that'd be great, because then you'd get a great view up their nose!
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yeah that'd be great, because then you'd get a great view up their nose!

I KNOW RIGHT! It would be awesome! Lol.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I hope it's compatible with Skype.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm not 100% sure How I feel about video chat during gaming sessions...I mean..I'd love to video chat with friends... but if their face is taking up screen space and it just covers the corner or something.. I'd get annoyed..I could see it now...."DAMNIT TRICKY YOU DIED AGAIN!" " NOT MY FAULT, THE JERK IS HIDING BEHIND YOUR STUPID FACE!"
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Not excited seeing random dudes, but my friends, sure.

#16 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm not 100% sure How I feel about video chat during gaming sessions...I mean..I'd love to video chat with friends... but if their face is taking up screen space and it just covers the corner or something.. I'd get annoyed..I could see it now...."DAMNIT TRICKY YOU DIED AGAIN!" " NOT MY FAULT, THE JERK IS HIDING BEHIND YOUR STUPID FACE!"

Yeah, I can't see this being all that guy. Considering the camera would be on the controller, something your bound to move around and distract others with.. eek. A Video Chat during a game pause wouldn't be as bad though, for a quick question or a small tutorial..

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Not excited seeing random dudes, but my friends, sure.

Or worse.. seeing random guys pegasus generatores. Nintendo can't let that happen.
No sig.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hopefully we can chat and/or video chat during a game.

That 1GB of system OS to me makes it sound plausable. however it could just be so that the game can be suspended and still use the Wii U menu etc.

#19 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

That 1GB of system OS to me makes it sound plausable. however it could just be so that the game can be suspended and still use the Wii U menu etc.

This sounds VERY likely. I doubt we'll see real time chat during actual gamplay.

#20 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

This sounds VERY likely. I doubt we'll see real time chat during actual gamplay.

Shibata said in EU nintendo direct, that Mii verse etc is always available with out suspending the game, Also it should be in because the 360 can do it and the only reason why the PS3 can't is because it lacks enough RAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!