Photo

I just can't support most of the launch titles...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

We aren't being fan boys. Your being illogical

because I don't like Mario side scrollers???? Because I think Zombi U is cool but im not over the top for it?? Because I like 3d Mario games better??? Because I want a Mario Kart??

All I see in my opening post are opinions.

#22 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

because I don't like Mario side scrollers???? Because I think Zombi U is cool but im not over the top for it?? Because I like 3d Mario games better??? Because I want a Mario Kart??

I think it more has to do with you willingly ignoring some very high-quality games that'll be out at launch and complaining about not getting games that at this point in time are unreasonable. Like a 3D Mario game or Mario Kart.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#23 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I think it more has to do with you willingly ignoring some very high-quality games that'll be out at launch and complaining about not getting games that at this point in time are unreasonable. Like a 3D Mario game or Mario Kart.

But see that's just my point, we all are different. You got some folks who despise everything Nintendo, regardless of it being high quality or not. I just don't happen to like any launch titles other than Zombi U and Tekken.

Maybe it's not about me ignoring, maybe it's just a opinion.

#24 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

But see that's just my point, we all are different. You got some folks who despise everything Nintendo, regardless of it being high quality or not. I just don't happen to like any launch titles other than Zombi U and Tekken.

Maybe it's not about me ignoring, maybe it's just a opinion.

:shrug: A'ight. Not my fault you'll miss out on AC3 and Rayman. :V

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#25 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Your opinions are fine and Welcome, but your saying Nintendo is dropping the ball by not releasing established games is unfounded. They have tons of established games coming out. Most are 3rd party and Nintendo did this on purpose so 3rd party sells well and big 1st party titles dont overshadow them. This is a fantastic move to secure 3rd party support.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#26 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Your opinions are fine and Welcome, but your saying Nintendo is dropping the ball by not releasing established games is unfounded. They have tons of established games coming out. Most are 3rd party and Nintendo did this on purpose so 3rd party sells well and big 1st party titles dont overshadow them. This is a fantastic move to secure 3rd party support.

See..there we go again. Some people feel that Nintendo is dropping the ball completly by just putting out a HD console, some feel like the original WII was dropping the ball.

So my point is...not everyone is going to feel that Nintendo is doing great.

Bassically everyone here is fine with the launch titles...I'm not..that simple. I will support Wii U, just not majority of the launch titles

#27 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Zombi U and NSMBU is cool and all, but I think Nintendo is dropping the ball by not launching with more established games, such as Mario Galaxy or a 3d Mario game. Maybe even Mario Kart, Zelda or something.

I actually plan on cancelling all my pre ordered games "NSMBU, Zombi U, and Pikmin, and just putting it towards Tekken, in which I see to be maybe the only decent launch title.

Well what kind of games are you into? Like genres. Because I'm sure there is at least something you can be satisfied with and completely enjoy. There is literally something for everyone with the WiiU launch, except maybe RPG lovers.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#28 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Well what kind of games are you into? Like genres. Because I'm sure there is at least something you can be satisfied with and completely enjoy. There is literally something for everyone with the WiiU launch, except maybe RPG lovers.

Zelda, 3D Mario Games, Racing..and please don't say that (Sonic racing game)...Mario Kart..Games like Forza...Sport games like NBA 2K..which is probably 2ks fault that its not a launch title, so can't blame it on Nintendo.

#29 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Zelda, 3D Mario Games, Racing..and please don't say that (Sonic racing game)...Mario Kart..Games like Forza...Sport games like NBA 2K..which is probably 2ks fault that its not a launch title, so can't blame it on Nintendo.

Well isn't there a Madden game as a launch title?
zZJ9pHB.png

#30 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Well isn't there a Madden game as a launch title?

I like Sports, but not Football, give me UFC, Boxing, Basketball, but not Football.

But these Sports titles are not Nintendo's Fault, even though 2K and other games will be released or has been released, i'm sure its there fault for not having it ready for Wii U Launch.
So can't blame Nintendo for the sport game issue.

#31 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

That's cool.

ZombiU and Tekken are going to be fairly competitive, great games.

As for the launch titles, I feel more inclined to buy titles like ZombiU, Assassin's Creed III and Black Ops II. Suits my gaming tastes more than the likes of New Super Mario Bros. U or Nintendo Land. I would say Tekken, but I'd rather play a 2D fighter like VS Capcom or BlazBlue.

As for the launch strategy, one of the biggest problems that 3rd party developers have had is selling games on Nintendo consoles. People tend to buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and while that sounds good for Nintendo, it's actually bad. Nintendo would rather be able to sell everything on their console, and inevitably maximise their sales doing so. That's why they are deliberately holding back on their own key titles and releasing them at what they believe are the correct intervals. Along with that, a lot of the wanted games have probably not reached any stage of development, or have been left on the back burner.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Ummmmm..Gamestop here in the U.S.A only requires a $5 deposit on pre orders, and im talking about taking that $5 and putting it toward Tekken.....sorry did I confuse you??

So yea...you don't do math like me lol

Oh, I see. You didn't say anything about using your deposit, your math makes sense now.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Actually I take that back about the Sonic Racing Game, looks pretty good after watching a few youtube videos of it.

So, so far I like Zombi U, Sonic Racing & AllStars and Tekken.

#34 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Let me guess you wanted this launch line up: StarFox, Pikmin, Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Massive RPG. Well guess what, me too but it's not gonna happen so I guess we're just stuck with playing NSMBU and Nintendo Land, oh darn why must I be forced to play these games. I mean why would anybody want to play a side scrolling Mario game and a mini game collection of Nintendo themed games.

#35 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

That's cool.

ZombiU and Tekken are going to be fairly competitive, great games.

As for the launch titles, I feel more inclined to buy titles like ZombiU, Assassin's Creed III and Black Ops II. Suits my gaming tastes more than the likes of New Super Mario Bros. U or Nintendo Land. I would say Tekken, but I'd rather play a 2D fighter like VS Capcom or BlazBlue.

As for the launch strategy, one of the biggest problems that 3rd party developers have had is selling games on Nintendo consoles. People tend to buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and while that sounds good for Nintendo, it's actually bad. Nintendo would rather be able to sell everything on their console, and inevitably maximise their sales doing so. That's why they are deliberately holding back on their own key titles and releasing them at what they believe are the correct intervals. Along with that, a lot of the wanted games have probably not reached any stage of development, or have been left on the back burner.

You are right, Assassin's Creed III does look pretty cool, can't believe I forgot about that game. That's my 4th pick.

#36 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Because speed runs and humiliation.

AuzzieWingman.png

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I like Sports, but not Football, give me UFC, Boxing, Basketball, but not Football.

But these Sports titles are not Nintendo's Fault, even though 2K and other games will be released or has been released, i'm sure its there fault for not having it ready for Wii U Launch.
So can't blame Nintendo for the sport game issue.

NBA2k13 is a launch title, isn't it?
http://www.nintendo....s53X_oFFluZ5wU-

What about fifa? Proper football.

Epic mickey 2 ? http://www.nintendo...._Rbq45_d3Wk2Kcv
espn lol sports lol connection lol ? http://www.nintendo....NZM8HumfO-BWNcN

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

NBA2k13 is a launch title, isn't it?
http://www.nintendo....s53X_oFFluZ5wU-

What about fifa? Proper football.

Epic mickey 2 ? http://www.nintendo...._Rbq45_d3Wk2Kcv
espn lol sports lol connection lol ? http://www.nintendo....NZM8HumfO-BWNcN

You are right, NBA 2K is a launch title, see there's another one. I just didn't see it mentioned during any of the launch title videos or such.

But why does it look so terrible?? Looks like the very first 2Ks on the Xbox 360, I know the Wii U is new, but geesh.

#39 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Actually I take that back about the Sonic Racing Game, looks pretty good after watching a few youtube videos of it.

So, so far I like Zombi U, Sonic Racing & AllStars and Tekken.

There you go, those two should be enough to hold you off.
zZJ9pHB.png

#40 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

espn lol sports lol connection lol ?

You can put the bottle down, mate.