Photo

I just can't support most of the launch titles...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I... I'm blown away.

/do not attack mode off

WHAT!? This is one of the most well-stacked, all-around launches ever... EVER!

...and launches tend to suck.

/do not attack mode on

#42 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

See..there we go again. Some people feel that Nintendo is dropping the ball completly by just putting out a HD console, some feel like the original WII was dropping the ball.

So my point is...not everyone is going to feel that Nintendo is doing great.

Bassically everyone here is fine with the launch titles...I'm not..that simple. I will support Wii U, just not majority of the launch titles

You said not everyone is going to feel that Nintendo is doing great what includes yourself, that's very fine.
But dropping the ball completely? Hmmmm No!
Everyone agrees that it's a nice launch line up titles, you'd agree if you look for others consoles. I'm satisfied with NSMBU which should be awesome multiplayer.

Ohh, I want to get NSMBU and ZumbiU, I wish Scribblenauts on my 3ds

#43 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

POPULAR

If you really want a Zelda-Style game at launch, I'd recommend Darksiders II (if you haven't already played it on other systems). Having played the first one on PS3, I can safely say that the series does it's inspiration justice.
Posted Image

#44 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Look at the gameplay demo it looks good slsnd the physics are soooo good!

You are right, NBA 2K is a launch title, see there's another one. I just didn't see it mentioned during any of the launch title videos or such.

But why does it look so terrible?? Looks like the very first 2Ks on the Xbox 360, I know the Wii U is new, but geesh.

But I kinda agree with the launch titles though. Athey need more exciting brand new games. Black Ops 2 is the only 3rd party 3d title coming out at launch which is brand new. They also have many ports which is dissapointing. ZombiU is also a cool game. But I don't like it. They need more if they want to attract manly gamers.

Maybe Bayonetta.

Look at the gameplay demo it looks good and the physics are soooo good!

You are right, NBA 2K is a launch title, see there's another one. I just didn't see it mentioned during any of the launch title videos or such.

But why does it look so terrible?? Looks like the very first 2Ks on the Xbox 360, I know the Wii U is new, but geesh.

But I kinda agree with the launch titles though. Athey need more exciting brand new games. Black Ops 2 is the only 3rd party 3d title coming out at launch which is brand new. They also have many ports which is dissapointing. ZombiU is also a cool game. But I don't like it. They need more if they want to attract manly gamers.

Maybe Bayonetta.

#45 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

The launch line-up isn't amazing, but it's far better than the 3DS's.

Please don't get me started with the PS3 launch.

Edited by PixelKnot, 20 September 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#46 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

The launch line-up isn't amazing, but it's far better than the 3DS's.

WAY better than 3ds

#47 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Oh yeah, they are definitely NOT going to launch the Wii U with super duper awesome-tastic prestigious games. I'm not that excited for the launch lineup either, so like me, Mignaga, and a few others, wait it out. If you don't really need it right now, don't frustrate yourself dealing with the chaos of getting the console Day 1.

#48 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Oh yeah, they are definitely NOT going to launch the Wii U with super duper awesome-tastic prestigious games. I'm not that excited for the launch lineup either, so like me, Mignaga, and a few others, wait it out. If you don't really need it right now, don't frustrate yourself dealing with the chaos of getting the console Day 1.

Well I can't wait it out, I need something to play, I sold my Ps3 and 360 because I never use to play them.

Definitely gonna get it on launch day, I will try Sonic Racing and Tekken and Nba 2k13

If you really want a Zelda-Style game at launch, I'd recommend Darksiders II (if you haven't already played it on other systems). Having played the first one on PS3, I can safely say that the series does it's inspiration justice.

Thanks for the info, I will check Darksiders out, never played it.

Question...does anyone know if Wii games will be playable online through Wii U?? They use different yours of networks right??

#49 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Nintendo wants third party games to sell, releasing all these first party games would not make that happen.

This^ 100%. this is the moment to prove to third parties that we buy their games, how stupid would it be to release a massive first party title during this time and steal all the sales away from third parties, potentially ruining the chances of strong support for the rest of the generation. as for your personal dissatisfaction with the launch lineup, i don't know how you are ever satisfied if only 1 out of 50 games impresses you
Posted Image

#50 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Rather confused about this thread tbh.

Why would you pre-order games in the first place if you don't like em?
Looks like you didn't even check what the launch games were, or check out the games before forming an opinion about them.
Also, imho, this is one of the best launch line ups I've seen. Not all the games appeal directly to me but there is something for everyone to try and quite a few highly rated or anticipated games.

As other people have said before (like Crackkat above me as I was typing this). Third parties been struggling selling games on Nintendo consoles because of releases from games like Mario and Zelda. Leaving out the big guns and having Pikmin only available at the end of the launch window this allows 3rd parties to showcase their games.

#51 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

i think the launch games are pretty good, there's something for almost each taste, which barely happened with other consoles before...also if you dont plan on support 3rd party games, dont come whinning later cause there are multi platform games we didnt get on nintendo consoles...i plan on getting Zombiu at launch, later maybe darksiders2 , trine2 and maybe bayonetta 2 when it comes out, besides the mandatory 1st party games

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#52 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm glad there not realeasing a Mariokart yet, they should take their time, just look at what happened to MK7 >.<
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#53 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'd have to go vandalize a building or something if I caught word of Super Mario Galaxy 3. I've had enough of that series.

​Like seriously, I would find the nearest orphanage, and just spraypaint obscenities all over it just to get my point across.

I actually wouldn't mind SMG3. But they should take a different approach this time around. Maybe Sunshine 2 or a Sequel to 64? Or something totally new and original! :D

Posted Image

#54 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

At the Wii launch the most interesting game (Twilight Princess) was also on its way for Gamecube and we had "great" third-party support with titles such as Far Cry: Vengeance, Rampage: Total Destruction, Barnyard and Open Season. The Wii U is a huge improvement.

Also the Wii U will sell by itself in the beginning due to the news-worth of the platform itself (and also the New Super Mario Bros is a super-popular franchise), so there is no real reason for Nintendo to put out major-titles such as Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros or Metroid just yet.

Personally i rather take a console launch with all-new IPs such as ZombiU then a launch with new titles in series we already have played before (lots of times).
And as previously mentioned Nintendo has to make room for third-party publishers. Nintendos own games are so popular that they outshadow basicly everything in third-party territory so its just a part of getting greater support from those companies to give them more market space.

Edited by LaserSWE, 21 September 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#55 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

This just sucks so bad...and I grew up with the Nintendo 64 so Im naturally acustomed to the 3d Mario games like Mario 64, side scrollers like NSMBU are just soo boring to me.

I grew up with N64 too. And I still love the side scrollers. They really aren't boring, but I can see how you don't like the gameplay.

I'd have to go vandalize a building or something if I caught word of Super Mario Galaxy 3. I've had enough of that series.

​Like seriously, I would find the nearest orphanage, and just spraypaint obscenities all over it just to get my point across.

Ditto^ They were the worst 3D Mario's by far. They didn't even compare to64 or sunshine.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#56 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

To me, the launch isn't incredible, but there is a lot to be excited about. I think NSMBU will shock some people. I'm definitely getting it.

I think no matter what it will be a decent launch, but has the potential to be an incredible launch if zombie u turns to be a good title. I'm definitely getting zombie u on launch, but I have such mixed feelings, and its so hard for to tell if this game is gona rock out or flop. To me though, zombie u has the potential to make this a great great launch.

#57 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

Rather confused about this thread tbh.

Why would you pre-order games in the first place if you don't like em?
Looks like you didn't even check what the launch games were, or check out the games before forming an opinion about them.
Also, imho, this is one of the best launch line ups I've seen. Not all the games appeal directly to me but there is something for everyone to try and quite a few highly rated or anticipated games.

As other people have said before (like Crackkat above me as I was typing this). Third parties been struggling selling games on Nintendo consoles because of releases from games like Mario and Zelda. Leaving out the big guns and having Pikmin only available at the end of the launch window this allows 3rd parties to showcase their games.

Ummmmm, Ummmm I see

#58 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I agree with a lot that is being said. The launch doesn't look fantastic to those who expect Smash or Zelda, but as it was mentioned, it hogs sales for 3rd party titles. Having prestigious first party titles doesn't necessarily sell the system right away for people with little to no income. So knowing the price now let's lesser fortunate people to save money. So they have time.

#59 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

How in the world can you say launch titles suck? There are 50 games in 3 months. If you can't find at least 5 games out of 50 then your just way to picky.... I found like 25-30 out of the 50 that I want. That's because I can play almost anything and appreciate it for what it is!
Posted Image

#60 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

This just sucks so bad...and I grew up with the Nintendo 64 so Im naturally acustomed to the 3d Mario games like Mario 64, side scrollers like NSMBU are just soo boring to me.

I too am getting tired of the sidescrollers. I remember being absolutely floored when I saw Mario 64! Now, these side scrollers are just bland. I mean, they can be fun but they aren't what I am looking for. Mario Galaxy is more fun for me. I grew up with the NES, SNES, and N64....started slowing down with GC and the Wii. Hopefully the Wii U will pick things up a bit. I'm not a fan of survival horror games, but Zombi U looks cool and Tekken looks alright. I'm interested in Rayman Legends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!