Photo

Another Dev's words twisted

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

http://gamerant.com/...l-ps3-xbox-360/

So Game Rant turned it into the whole system being less powerful, when the CPU is the only challenge. Here is the REAL story.

http://www.gameranx....o-ps3-xbox-360/

I see this being an issue, though if rumors are true, the Wii U will have the highest clocked 8th Gen CPU
Wii U: 3.0 GHz, Xbox 720: 8 Core-2 Threads per core, 2.0 GHz, PS4: 4 Core-3 Threads per core, 2.9 GHz
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Sigh. The consequence of this poor journalism is that a lot of dumbass people believe the system is actualy weaker than current gen consoles, which would be the ultimate unicorn tonguestory of all times.
No sig.

#3 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

I'm afraid that this is only going to stop when in November 18th, someone has the great idea of tearing it apart and examine its components.

Until then, we'll have a lot of this news and comments saying that the Wii U is less powerful than a potato.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'm afraid that this is only going to stop when in November 18th, someone has the great idea of tearing it apart and examine its components.

Until then, we'll have a lot of this news and comments saying that the Wii U is less powerful than a potato.

Nonono, it clearly is less powerful then a potato, my potato PC runs skyrim at 1080p 120FPS. If the wiiu can do that I'm gonna be very surprised!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Nonono, it clearly is less powerful then a potato, my potato PC runs skyrim at 1080p 120FPS. If the wiiu can do that I'm gonna be very surprised!

What? That's nothing.

My PC has a 42 Ghz POWER 52 CPU and a 46400 Mhz AMD Radeon HD9950 GPU. It crushes that potato to pieces. Skyrim @ 7690p 340FPS is the best :D

I hope the Wii U can do that. If not, I'm buying PS4 which will absolutely be more powerful than that.

Edited by Arkhandar, 23 September 2012 - 05:38 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

What? That's nothing.

My PC has a 42 Ghz POWER 52 CPU and a 46400 Mhz AMD Radeon HD9950 GPU. It crushes that potato to pieces. Skyrim @ 7690p 340FPS is the best :D

I hope the Wii U can do that. If not, I'm buying PS4 which will absolutely be more powerful than that.

Oh God, don't get me started on the uninformed PS3 and Xbox 360 fans and fanboys and their vision of the next gen being 4K when finally single PC graphics cards are able to run games at 2560X1600 at acceptable frame rates.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 23 September 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Oh God, don't get me started on the uninformed PS3 and Xbox 360 fans and fanboys and their vision of the next gen being 4K when finally single PC graphics cards are able to run games at 2560X1600 at acceptable frame rates.

Thanks for saving me the trouble lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

To them PS3 and 360 can do 4K with no sweat, unlike the "next Wii" of course.

Posted Image

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for saving me the trouble lol

To them PS3 and 360 can do 4K with no sweat, unlike the "next Wii" of course.

It'll be even funnier if the consoles only come with 1.5GB or 2GB frame buffers.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

It's the exact same issue the tekken developer faced.

They are taking old game code optimized for an old processor that requires a certain number of clock cycles. The power7 in the wii u runs at a lower clock speed.

Even though the wii u CPU absolutely destroys the 360/ps3 processors by itself by doing so much more per cycle, it's of no consequence if the game code is not written that way.

The term "power" is being grossly misused. He is talking about cycles.
Just like a single corr pentium 4 @ 4ghz is going to run code dependent on clock cycles better than a quad core i7 @2.4 ghz, even though the i7 destroys the pentium 4 in actual capability. But those extra cores and that better architecture won't avail anything if the code ignores them.

That's what's happening here. The game code was written and optimized for the old architectures and then slapped onto the wii u.

Nothing new or newsworthy. Simply a lazy port. But you. Any really blame them. Easy money is what ports are about.

#11 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

IDK why this keeps happening. I can't wait for the actual release of the system so this stops.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

The Eurogamer article cant be trusted either, this is like, the second or third time Eurogamer or some other garbage journalism site has done something like this, posted doctored interviews with no links to source/raw interview (So we can see what questions were asked and thus in what context they were responding), and got called out on it being a flat out lie.

The Tekken producer comes to mind immediately, said the system was clocked lightly lower than ps3/360 which made running unoptimized ps3/360 code tough, so they had to to re-arrange the code to get it running with the wii u's new architecture that they dont really know yet.

Well, the media decided they could replace the words slower clocked with 'weaker' and no one would care.

The tekken producer began blowing up twitter calling them liars and raving about how they changed his words and twisted his meaning.

Probably the same situation here. These guys said the cpu was clocked a little slower, and eurogamer decided to use their creative license to vhange slower clocked cpu into weaker cpu.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

The Eurogamer article cant be trusted either, this is like, the second or third time Eurogamer or some other garbage journalism site has done something like this, posted doctored interviews with no links to source/raw interview (So we can see what questions were asked and thus in what context they were responding), and got called out on it being a flat out lie.

The Tekken producer comes to mind immediately, said the system was clocked lightly lower than ps3/360 which made running unoptimized ps3/360 code tough, so they had to to re-arrange the code to get it running with the wii u's new architecture that they dont really know yet.

Well, the media decided they could replace the words slower clocked with 'weaker' and no one would care.

The tekken producer began blowing up twitter calling them liars and raving about how they changed his words and twisted his meaning.

Probably the same situation here. These guys said the cpu was clocked a little slower, and eurogamer decided to use their creative license to vhange slower clocked cpu into weaker cpu.

That reminds me Didn't the Aliens Dev say a while ago that the wiiu has a really powerful CPU.

#14 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

yeah gearbox PRAISED the wii u cpu some time ago, this article might be a missunderstanding

even with a moderate cpu and awesome gpu the wii u will be capable of awesome hd graphics, i have lots of hope in next gen games on the wii u once this gen end with all that ports from 360/ps
Posted Image

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

It's amazing how two different articles on pretty much the same topic can be so different. It's really messed up that they would change up the words to make it seem like Nintendo made another technically inferior console. I think it was done on purpose just to stir up trouble and get more views for the site. It's so wrong to do though.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

That's how the media works. Nothing new here.

#17 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

This is how the media works:

Actual comment: "I love turtles, but on the other some people really hate them. Do you think it's because their green? Some of them aren't green though, and some have a different colored shell? I really like the color green though, I want a bed that's green but, I have to make sure and kill any bed bugs. Also, what do you think of putting yogurt in a freezer. What's your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt? I'm tired I'm going to sleep.

What media writes it as: I...hate...you...and...I...want...to...kill...you...in...your...sleep...

#18 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

This is how the media works:

Actual comment: "I love turtles, but on the other some people really hate them. Do you think it's because their green? Some of them aren't green though, and some have a different colored shell? I really like the color green though, I want a bed that's green but, I have to make sure and kill any bed bugs. Also, what do you think of putting yogurt in a freezer. What's your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt? I'm tired I'm going to sleep.

What media writes it as: I...hate...you...and...I...want...to...kill...you...in...your...sleep...

Actually, it's like this;

Actual Comment: I like Turtles!!!

Media: He hates turtles

Lol, but in terms of Wii U this is what happens:

Actual Comment: I love the Wii U, it is truly a Next-Gen console.

Media: The Wii U suxxxx, it is not a next gen console, Nintendo screwed up again!

But in the end

Actual Comment: I said I loved the Wii U. Why did they write "The Wii U suxxxx, it is not a next gen console. Nintendo screwed up again!"

Media: ...We never said that. *Trollface*

Lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

That reminds me Didn't the Aliens Dev say a while ago that the wiiu has a really powerful CPU.

That was the high point of the system for them. The CPU is the part they are most excited about. Lol

No mistranslations or misrepresentations there. It was heard by the public from the horses mouth.

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

That was the high point of the system for them. The CPU is the part they are most excited about ,because of it being weaker than the 360s Cpu making it more exciting to figure out how to make the game run on par with the other consoles.

No mistranslations or misrepresentations there. It was heard by the public from the horses mouth.

*TrollFace* I can be such a good gaming Journalist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!