Photo

New Super Mario Bros. U or Rayman Legends?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello ladies and gents. I'm in a real pickle. After reviewing both of these games I can't decide which one I want to get at launch. I know, the easiest answer is both! But due to me being only partially employed and having other games/Transformers to buy, I can only get one of these two at launch.

So I figure I'd ask some other Nintendo fans what their thoughts were. Basically which game do you think will be more enjoyable as a single player game, as well as a multiplayer game? I have lots of little cousins who always wanna play multiplayer with me, which is a lot of fun for everyone. But I also want a single player experience that I won't get tired of after a few hours of playing.

Also, I haven't heard much more about this feature of Rayman, is it still in the game? (skip to 1:27)

Edited by Spleenzorio, 03 October 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

NSMBU, only cuz it's ALL Mario, and in Rayman Legends, you play as Murphy for like 1/2 the game which is going to get boring easily unless they make the obstacles very different from each other

EDIt: Oh yeah, and NFC isn't in there anymore

Edited by Heyheyharold, 03 October 2012 - 04:34 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Rayman: Legends is doing something new. Get that.
You can already play NSMB on your DS, Wii, or 3DS.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Rayman: Legends is doing something new. Get that.
You can already play NSMB on your DS, Wii, or 3DS.

Yeah, but HD PLUS the baby yoshi's are returning PLUS the Super Mario World map that hasn't been in ANY Mario game since. Those reasons alone is why you should get NSMBU.

#5 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

get zombiU, is a new IP, brings back the survival horror and wiiU needs to support 3rd parties with actual new games...nsmbU is basically the same nsmb in HD, and the other one can easily be renamed "murphy legends"

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, but HD PLUS the baby yoshi's are returning PLUS the Super Mario World map that hasn't been in ANY Mario game since. Those reasons alone is why you should get NSMBU.

OH YEAH! I forgot. I also need to get new racing game because new graphics engine, new cars, and new race tracks. Everyone needs to get this game as well.
Most new game of 2012. Worth getting over that new racing game that is doing all sorts of unique and cool things with everything.

Edited by Mignaga, 03 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

NSMBU, only cuz it's ALL Mario, and in Rayman Legends, you play as Murphy for like 1/2 the game which is going to get boring easily unless they make the obstacles very different from each other

EDIt: Oh yeah, and NFC isn't in there anymore

Half of the game? From the Nintendo power preview, it sounds like it's more like 1/5, at most. You're right about the NFC though.

Spleenzorio: Personally, I would get Rayman. But Origins is my fourth favorite game ever, so I would be a bit biased in that department. Just wait for reviews and buy one or the other closer to launch. At this point, it's hard to judge which'll be better as a single player game. Legends looks far better in terms of multiplayer, though.

#8 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

rayman I think

1367065580450s.jpg

#9 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hmmm... you should get NSMBU. I think it'd be a great experience and that it can really introduce you to your new console.

Or you could get ZombiU ._.

#10 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

If your a Nintendo Junkie, get NSMBU.
If you'd like to go for something a bit different then I'd go with Rayman.

2lvmghw.png

#11 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Awesome answers guys, thanks for the help! :D

Someone mentioned I preorder ZombiU, which I actually already have preordered along with AC3. I guess with this choice I'm lookin for a fun "non-serious" game, if you will. Something I can just relax with single player and with a few peeps and have a blast playing multiplayer.

Edited by Spleenzorio, 04 October 2012 - 06:06 AM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hard choice.
There not really my main type of games. I like the Mario galaxy and 3d land. But i do have all the Mario games and the rayman on the vita.
And i have to say the rayman gets boring after a while. Idk why it just does tho. So with that said i would get the mario and pick up the rayman onces there is a price job or used copy from ebgames/gamestop
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Either game will be great.

#14 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Rayman Legends is my choice. Looks incredible, especially the bosses.

#15 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Honestly, both games look superb so it's a tough choice indeed.

If you're a big Nintendo/Mario fan, then I would go with NSMBU. The game looks fantastic especially since they're bringing back a lot of features from Super Mario World. (Baby Yoshis, SMW Map, Enemies, etc...)
If you played NSMB2 then the game might not be as tempting seeing as how the Kooplings also return, but even they have updated boss fights. This alongside Challenge Mode and Boost Rush Mode really make this game stand out from the previous 2D installments.

Rayman Origins was...amazing and Legends is shaping up to be just as fun. I haven't really seen/read much about the game, but from what I hear you'll be playing as Murphy (GamePad) a little bit too much. (I really don't know if this is true so please take this with a grain of salt...and pepper.) The "music" stages look fantastic and fun to play with other people and if this game is as challenging as Origins was, then you'll be playing for a long time!

So yeah, you have a tough choice before you. Either way, both games look fantastic and I'm sure you'll be content with whichever one you pick.

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#16 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

i would wait to get rayman in my opinion, you should wait for reviews before getting it. The biggest downfall is that murphy is going to be one of the main characters who you will have to play as for the majority of the time, the main problem with this is that there is no actual platforming through these stages. At least with NSMBU you know what you're getting, but with Rayman Legends it's a bit sketchy. However i still think both games will be great.

#17 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Awesome answers guys, thanks for the help! :D

Something I can just relax with single player and with a few peeps and have a blast playing multiplayer.

Yeah, definitely NSMBU man, it'd be a lot more fun playing multiplayer with NSMBU.

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Rayman although looks different to previous games, Im betting will be pretty much the same as all rayman games have ever been. I would fefinetly get NSMB

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

If you're a Nintendo fan, which I assume you are, and you have IRL friends that will play with you then NSMBU would be the way to go I'd say. The having to control Murfy in Rayman Legends has put me off a little but I'll get a go with it tomorrow hopefully at EB Expo.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Mario
Posted Image