cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

POPULAR

Just got home from the EB games Expo here in Sydney, Had a ball playing around with the Wii U, Only got to play Nintendo Land, NSMB U and zombie U. I managed to get a couple of photo's. (Sorry for the bad quality, It was inside, Dark and only had Iphone with me)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#2 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Sweet! If they have any events near me I think I might hold off on trying it until I actually get it, just like I did with the 3DS.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

^^^ I was going to do that, But when you walk past and someone says "here have this and try out the new Wii console" You cant say no to that crap lol.

Edited by cannonshane, 05 October 2012 - 06:10 AM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

can you explain a bit your experiencies with the games / controllera etc?
Posted Image

#5 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hah very true. So what did you think? Pros? Cons?
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Ok i will do a quick run down, But like i said it was literally only a couple of minutes on each game.

1: Nintendo Land
Only got to play 1 Mini game, I wont spoil the fun, But i can see it getting addictive very quickly, Played with 4 Players and to be honest it felt like playing one of the very first Mario Party games, Everyone was excited to play and was really getting into it, The controls using the New remote seemed to pretty much work flawlessly and didn't feel like a gimmick at all.

2. Zombie U:
Before playing this i had no real interest in it at all, But after playing for a couple of brief moments it took me by surprise. I honestly don't think i have felt so involved in any Zombie game like this before. It felt like i was actually there, Which is strange because i was in fact in a very large and noisy arena. The controls seemed simple enough but the game still felt challenging. The graphics amazed me, I didn't think they would be anywhere near as crisp and clear as they are. Based on my quick play i would say this is a must for any Zombie game fan or even if it just interests you slightly.

3. NSMBU
Now i wont lie here, It felt very similar to the DS/3DS games. A couple of added small features, Obviously better graphics. The touch pad didn't really ad to much to the experience in the short time i played. Pretty much all i can say is if you enjoy the DS games, You will enjoy this, But if your looking for a game that really showcases the awesome features of the Wii U, Then maybe this game isn't for you. Having said that it was still a lot of fun.

Now the only Con i can mention for the new touch pad control is that in certain situations it does feel a bit gimmicky and tacked on. But only felt like that on certain games, Mostly Mario. The control itself feels pretty strong and the screen sensitivity seems spot on. It was very accurate and easy to control.

Short i no but if you guys have any other questions feel free to post them here.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

As I mentioned in another thread I also attended this as well as a Wii U VIP night that I won tickets to. In addition to the titles OP played I also played ACIII, Arkham City and Rayman Legends. The demo of Arkham City did have some noticeable issues with textures failing to load and I wasn't a fan of the touch screen use which seemed to be shoehorned in, which I suppose is to be expected of a port modified for another control scheme such as this. I only got to play a boat section of ACIII which wasn't anything amazing but obviously isn't the focus of AC. Rayman Legends was one of my favourite games that I played, it had some very nice platforming and was fun working along with the gamepad but I can only really see the gamepad gameplay in which the player controls Murfy being fun with other players present and not alone which is apparently something that players will have to bear.

I'm curious, which Nintendo Land mini game did you play? I played the Donkey Kong one, the Animal Crossing one and the Luigi's Mansion one. The Nintendo representative there was about to show us a Zelda one but was told they weren't supposed to for this event.

Edited by CUD, 05 October 2012 - 06:38 AM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

^^ It was the Luigi's mansion one, Was pretty fun actually. we all got a bit of a laugh out of it.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Is the feel of the touch screen more comparable to a DS or an iPod? I know it's not multi-touch, but I have this worry that it's going to feel just like the DS one which isn't really all that nice for a home console, especially using your fingers on it. I could have gone to the expo but decided not to, don't want to spend any money and I'd rather be more surprised with the console when I open it on day one, I'm just gonna watch reviews on games before I pre-order since the US will already have them two weeks before us.

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

To be honest i didn't really pay that much attention to how it felt, But i can say it worked very well. I was paying more attention to how well it functioned in game more so than how the screen felt.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Is the feel of the touch screen more comparable to a DS or an iPod? I know it's not multi-touch, but I have this worry that it's going to feel just like the DS one which isn't really all that nice for a home console, especially using your fingers on it. I could have gone to the expo but decided not to, don't want to spend any money and I'd rather be more surprised with the console when I open it on day one, I'm just gonna watch reviews on games before I pre-order since the US will already have them two weeks before us.

I found it to be more like a DS screen as it is resistive as opposed to most smartphones and the Vita which have capacitive screens that work much better with fingers and are also compatible with stylus.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

I found it to be more like a DS screen as it is resistive as opposed to most smartphones and the Vita which have capacitive screens that work much better with fingers and are also compatible with stylus.

Most capacitive screens don't work with a normal stylus, only ones that are made specificly for it.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Most capacitive screens don't work with a normal stylus, only ones that are made specificly for it.

That's right. Nintendo said there will be styluses for the GamePad as well.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

the resistive screens are more accurate, they are the only ones that work with normal styluses as well, they're generally better except they don't do multi touch. but who needs multi touch on a screen surrounded by buttons
Posted Image

#15 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

If one comes near me I'm going to try to snag a picture of the back of the console

#16 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Could you possibly edit the original post and post single links, rather than massive pictures? They're taking such a long time to load, and I have a decent download speed at 15MB xD
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#17 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

^^^ really ? I'm browsing on my iPhone and we have crap speeds here in aus and they pop up straight away.

If one comes near me I'm going to try to snag a picture of the back of the console

Best of luck to you, they pretty much tried to block us from taking photo's, and said it has to get the entire booth in the shot, most of these I took while walking past quickly which is why they don't look that great.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

So? They could have easily included a capacitive stylus with the gamepad, so that isn't the issue here.

the resistive screens are more accurate, they are the only ones that work with normal styluses as well, they're generally better except they don't do multi touch. but who needs multi touch on a screen surrounded by buttons

Resistive screens being more accurate is just a myth and as I mentioned above the stylus' aren't an issue. Also, there are resistive screens that support multi touch but I would assume these are more costly. I disagree that multi touch is unnecessary because there are buttons as I have found that games that are focused around the touch screen will barely use the buttons if at all.

Hah, good luck with that!

Edited by CUD, 06 October 2012 - 05:39 AM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrirainbowalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrirainbowalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish

Detect language » Hungarian

Uhm... what happened here?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

What the... o_o
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!