Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Uhm... what happened here?

I think that was a glitch with the site, I recall 3Dude's text was duplicated multiple times in another thread. I didn't intentionally add a list of languages at the end of my post for no apparent reason. :)

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#22 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Resistive screens being more accurate is just a myth and as I mentioned above the stylus' aren't an issue. Also, there are resistive screens that support multi touch but I would assume these are more costly. I disagree that multi touch is unnecessary because there are buttons as I have found that games that are focused around the touch screen will barely use the buttons if at all.

you are incorrect, the reason those screens need special styluses and not just any old stylus will work is cos those styluses are are fatter on the end, they resemble the end of a person's finger instead of a pen. they have to take a wide area of space to work, this makes them, by default, less accurate.
Posted Image

#23 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Actually Noonabites and I recently demo'd the Wii U. Yesterday actually. I confirmed that a 3DS XL stylus will fit into the gamepad stylus slot. I also have many comparison photos as to the size of the game pad to the size of the wiimotes. I also confirmed that the screen of the gamepad is actually the size of the entire 3DS XL handheld. The grip is comfortable and The gamepad is a lot lighter than i expected.

I only had the opportunity to demo Rayman Legends, but that game utilizes gamepad functionality very very well. Its a great game to demo the Wii U with. Unfortunately thats all they had but I will be going every week to demo a new game so stay tuned for updates on other demos. Here are some photos i took while at Nintendo World NYC.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The next 3 were taken by Noonabites with her phone:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

She also took a video, but this is all I can manage for now. Any questions please ask.
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#24 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Actually Noonabites and I recently demo'd the Wii U. Yesterday actually. I confirmed that a 3DS XL stylus will fit into the gamepad stylus slot. I also have many comparison photos as to the size of the game pad to the size of the wiimotes. I also confirmed that the screen of the gamepad is actually the size of the entire 3DS XL handheld. The grip is comfortable and The gamepad is a lot lighter than i expected.

I only had the opportunity to demo Rayman Legends, but that game utilizes gamepad functionality very very well. Its a great game to demo the Wii U with. Unfortunately thats all they had but I will be going every week to demo a new game so stay tuned for updates on other demos. Here are some photos i took while at Nintendo World NYC.

Posted Image

That interface I haven't seen before will that be used in the regular wiiu or is that a custom interface just for demonstration purposes.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 06 October 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#25 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I would say its just for demo.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#26 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Keep those photos in your heart...
please

#27 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

yeah its just the demo interface. They dont have the real til launch
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#28 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

you are incorrect, the reason those screens need special styluses and not just any old stylus will work is cos those styluses are are fatter on the end, they resemble the end of a person's finger instead of a pen. they have to take a wide area of space to work, this makes them, by default, less accurate.

Not sure where you're getting this from but it's just simply wrong. Capacitive stylus do not need to resemble a finger, there are in fact smaller ones that allow more precise actions. There is also the Samsung Galaxy Note's stylus which, while used with a capacitive screen, uses inductive technology which as demonstrated in the below video is very precise. It's only Nintendo fans that seem to be convinced resistive screens are superior and it's just simply a lie.

Edited by CUD, 06 October 2012 - 04:02 PM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#29 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

That interface I haven't seen before will that be used in the regular wiiu or is that a custom interface just for demonstration purposes.

Looks like 360's, but in blue. I like it. If that's how demos will look in stores it would be great.

#30 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Not sure where you're getting this from but it's just simply wrong. Capacitive stylus do not need to resemble a finger, there are in fact smaller ones that allow more precise actions. There is also the Samsung Galaxy Note's stylus which, while used with a capacitive screen, uses inductive technology which as demonstrated in the below video is very precise. It's only Nintendo fans that seem to be convinced resistive screens are superior and it's just simply a lie.

don't go assuming things about me. i've used samsung's styluses for their screens, i really don't find them comfortable to use, u need to push stupidly hard on the screen to get it to work. Ipad's styluses don't have that problem but they are in fact really fat at the nib, they all are. i have yet to see a capacitive screen that uses styluses and doesn't have these issues, neither of the two i talked about are as good with a stylus as nintendo's screens. my sister is actually doing fashion in university and she has qualifications in art and she said this herself.

Edited by Crackkat, 06 October 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#31 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

May i asked how the lines were during the event, as i recall the previous expo had people waiting from 3-4 hours on BF3 and MW3.
I would have gone to the event if i could have but i live in a small rural town thats like 8 hours away from sydney :(

Also do those screenshots confirm that there will indeed be demos? It was probably pretty obvious it was going to happen but it would be great if the system came with 1-2 pre installed demos.
One can dream.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#32 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

May i asked how the lines were during the event, as i recall the previous expo had people waiting from 3-4 hours on BF3 and MW3.
I would have gone to the event if i could have but i live in a small rural town thats like 8 hours away from sydney :(

Also do those screenshots confirm that there will indeed be demos? It was probably pretty obvious it was going to happen but it would be great if the system came with 1-2 pre installed demos.
One can dream.

The lines for Halo 4 and Black Ops II were really long, Halo 4 I wouldn't have minded to see but BOII I don't care for anyway. God of War: Ascension's line wasn't too bad by the time we got to it, it was the same demo from E3 but was plenty of fun. Some games didn't really have lines at all, it was just a matter of waiting your turn as the people playing finished, like for PS All-Stars or Rayman Legends in the Ubisoft area.

I doubt the system would come with demos pre-installed, they'll possibly be available from the Wii U eShop though maybe not at launch.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#33 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

as above the lines for black ops, halo 4 etc were big, i didnt bother lining up, i walked straight up and played forza horizon for about 30 mins before anyone even lined up behind me.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!