• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have asked for a topic to be locked 2 days ago now. No sign of someone whatsoever. There's absolutely no moderation on this site, it's ridiculous.
Think I'll have to leave this site if I'm just going to be constantly attacked by people and no-one around to moderate. Not a safe place for me to post about the Wii U at all.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

They were here when I came 2 months ago... But they have seemed to leave. An I have never seen Feld0 who is the head honcho... I guess that's what happens on the Internet when nobody knows anybody. People can just leave and no one can do anything.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

That is strange, usually mods such as Andy are quite active. But he has been the only one I have seen a lot of as of late...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

I've seen no request for a lock recently. Would you please point me toward the thread in question. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Never mind. I've located the tread in question and locked it at your request. I'd recommend in the future reporting a thread you've created that you want locked, as there are many cases where I have to just skim through many threads rather than reading the in detail.

Edited by Andy, 08 October 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#5 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for locking that thread. There needs to be a thread of some kind to let us know who all the admins/mods are, because all I could find was rules written by an admin and pm'd him/her, and had no reply, I didn't know if there was any mods around. So thanks, you've relieved me now. I know where to go if I need help again.
Was getting a little upset over being attacked >< I know it's only a small matter over the internet, but I'm sensitive xD

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

At the bottom of the main page, you should see a link that says, "The moderating team". It should take you to this page here.
Posted Image

#7 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

It's called a discussion :rolleyes:

If i have upset anyone it was certainly not my intention !

I myself have been moderating & administrating a couple of forums for years.

Edited by alan666, 08 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Anyone ever know what happened to Feld0?

#9 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

At the bottom of the main page, you should see a link that says, "The moderating team". It should take you to this page here.

Bookmarked.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Anyone ever know what happened to Feld0?

His excuse for his inactivity is that he has college, and has very minimal focus time for internet doings. Everyone can feel free to cry, but this is what usually happens on forums. The creator often stays during the initial launch phase, and then leaves it to other admins to sort everything out from there. David is an example on the 3DSF... actually, here too.

As for lock requests, you do need them to be sent as a link to the moderating staff. It can't possibly be expected that mods manually skim through every topic. I know that one of the threads in question progressed very rapidly, and so it's easy to miss. Sometimes when a post is at the very bottom of a page it can be easily missed, as the latest post can be on the next page.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I reported a thread earlier today and it was dealt with.
Maybe they didn't want to lock your thread for some reason?

Could be time for a few more mods though, it's close to launch.

Edited by Nollog, 08 October 2012 - 06:02 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, i agree that there should be a few more mods, but i'm sure the ones that aren't currently active right now have an excuse, they do have a life you know lol :P

Also, why is a thread like this in the introduction center?

Edited by Swordmaster229, 08 October 2012 - 09:36 PM.

"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Unfortunately, we aren't able to read every single thread on the forum, so sometimes we will miss things like this. If you want a thread to be locked/deleted, the best thing to do is report it or send a PM to one of use and we'll deal with it when we're next online.

As for new mods, I don't think that we need any right now, but I'll definitely consider appointing more if this place starts getting significantly busier as we near the Wii U's launch.

#14 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Unfortunately, we aren't able to read every single thread on the forum, so sometimes we will miss things like this. If you want a thread to be locked/deleted, the best thing to do is report it or send a PM to one of use and we'll deal with it when we're next online.

As for new mods, I don't think that we need any right now, but I'll definitely consider appointing more if this place starts getting significantly busier as we near the Wii U's launch.

You and other people are making out like I didn't send anyone a message with a link to my thread to be locked.
If fedlo was around, you could ask him, because I sent him a message with a link to my thread, asking to be locked.
I'm not stupid. I've been using forums since the mid 90's.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

You and other people are making out like I didn't send anyone a message with a link to my thread to be locked.
If fedlo was around, you could ask him, because I sent him a message with a link to my thread, asking to be locked.

I use the report button, which send a message to every mod.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yea from my experience, mods get emails whenever a user uses report function. You don't really have to be on the forum to catch it.

On topic, the community seems quite light-hearted from what I'm used to.

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, Feld0's been in an activity slump, and I'm sorry that his inconvenience ended up affecting you. The community can't blame you for that either, as you definitely did try to make contact with the moderation staff no matter how you put it.

Off topic, I want to apologise on everyone's behalf for the 'hostility' of that thread (I think it was more of a "What? Really? Wait no" response). I feel as though I was more or less trying to expose GameStop's flaw with the bundle. Just don't want people thinking you are stupid, or to have you thinking this community hates you. For the most part, the community isn't very hostile at all. There have been episodes, but they're just that: episodes.

Like the Nin_Stream saga.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

On topic, the community seems quite light-hearted from what I'm used to.

Quite! Generally why I like signing up to new communities. They at least start off quite nicely. At some point though, I'm sure there'll be some new people that'll force moderation to work a tad bit more than now...

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

The moderators?

They're probably on the moon, carefully watching over us and making sure we don't surpass 5 gazillion as our population.

In case we do, they'll come down and destroy us all, because logic dictates we'll eventually become galaxys and destroy the universe.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Yea, I'm the other mod guy who just only recently started to become very active again.
Been quite busy the past few weeks but I now have more time to moderate.

As it has been mentioned, please report a problem if one happens to arise. It's the easiest way to get our attention.
When the Wii U arrives to our lounges, Andy and I along with the Admins are going to have to go on 'turbo' mode :P

The moderators?

They're probably on the moon, carefully watching over us and making sure we don't surpass 5 gazillion as our population.

In case we do, they'll come down and destroy us all, because logic dictates we'll eventually become galaxys and destroy the universe.

Damn, this one knows our secret.

*Loads tranquilizer pipe*

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!