Photo

Which Zelda is Better?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Zelda is Better? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best one

1. Skyward Sword (13 votes [54.17%])

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

2. Twilight Princess (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Having a hard time deciding which one to get, Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, I can't get both.

They both look awesome. Which one do you guys like more?

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Twilight Princess functions like a Zelda game,and just makes me happy while playing, while Skyward Sword deviates from the formula too much, and lost the kind of magic that comes from a Zelda game, and had broken motion controls. (They were broken for me, I've heard other people's experiences were fine, but mine was not)
Twilight Princess wins.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Im not much of help but i got both. Twlight was cool. Still gotta beat the end.
And skyword i only played for a lil bit. It looks a little bit better in thw graphic but its has this glow to it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

In my oppinion, Twilight Princess.
I love the storyline and characters!
Skyward sword is a great game, but i just didn't like some of the stuff that was in it (Still an amazing game, but i prefer Twilight)
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#5 Mr.Kuma

Mr.Kuma

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

I love Midna,she is so cute. Twilight Princess is great, and the charactors is even remarkable . But i prefer artstyle of Skywardsword.
So,i choose TW.

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Go for Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword is a good Zelda, but it's definitely the most linear of all the Zeldas, which detracts from the fun of the series.

So I vote Twilight Princess, but the Wii version. GameCube version is more expensive, and it's just about the same game either way.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I would say Skyward Sword.

I had absolutely no problem with it's motion controls, and to me, it was the highlight of the game. Also, SS has the best incarnation of Zelda yet, as well as the greatest Zelda and Link relationship to date. (No pun intended.)
Now, SS really could've benefitted from a bigger over-world in the sky, and I recognize this as a major weak point in the game. The dungeons seem more like levels; which eliminates the whole fun of having to travel far, far away to get to your next destination.

Now Twilight Princess has a more Ocarina of Time feel to it. The game also has a more cinematic approch compared to Skyward Sword. The game world itself is huge, and I can tell you right here: it's awesome. Almost nothing matches the feeling of riding Epona around Hyrule Field... I've done it so much; as there is so much to explore

That's just the tip of the iceberg. It would take thousands of words to compare SS and TP. Both are REALLY great games, it's a tough choice, but I would go with Skyward Sword.

Edited by Blake, 14 October 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Skyward sword was virtually unplayable for me due to the atrocious motion controls.. and then on top of that i cant stand the way they made Link look

Twilight princess was very fun, i enjoyed the darker feel to it

BUT

instead of those 2 go pick up a copy of Ocarina of Time, even if you already own it or have beaten it already go buy it for a different system (N64, GameCube, 3DS) because it is hands down the best Zelda game ever and it is arguably the best video game ever ;)

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

It depends on whether you can live with the flaws of SS. It's very, very linear, in the sense that it doesn't only tell you where to go next, but also what you have to do to get there, where to get everything you need once you're there and, yes, it's like some annoying person who has already beaten the game sits next to you and spoils everything. The companion character is nice and well thought through, but spoils too many of the puzzles for you. And I really, really miss having an open world to explore. Personally, I loved the first Zelda for its openness, but I realise it could be difficult to do it like that in a too large game. In that department Link to the Past, OOT and Majora's Mask had the best balance.

The good part is the plot, the gameplay, the boss fights (even though they are a bit on the easy side), and the great idea to let you play the boss fights over and over again (well, I won't spoil anything for you, so I'll just say that at one point in the game, that feature is "unlocked"). Many of the dungeons are also great and some, but not all, of the characters.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Twilight Princess was really good, but if you've played Ocarina of Time don't expect many surprises. It is the same formula, with the same antagonist. Only you get to play as a wolf (which I hated tbh). Still loved the game overall though.

Skyward Sword on the other hand was so much more exciting. You get to fly around the sky on a giant bird, you get superior sword fighting gameplay with the motion controls (don't know why people on here are complaining about it), and best of all you find out the origin of the Zelda series. Combined with a great story and loads of fun side quests, it is near perfect. It's the first zelda game that's made me think "Hmm I SS or OoT, which is better?" (I still can't decide personally).

If you want a zelda game that feels fresh and has superior gameplay then go with SS.

#11 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Skyward Sword was awesome! It had a great story, great controls, best companion to date, best relationship with Zelda to date...
I could go on and on about how amazing it is. It is the best Zelda gameto date IMO.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

I vote Skyward because I loved them both, and saw SS was one vote behind. :P
No sig.

#13 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

In every thread like this one i always say the same, cant decide which one is better, they are all good and different, every one have its own magic

but i would like to see an open world zelda like skyrim : D
Posted Image

#14 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

i would have to go with Wind Waker i love exploring the ocean and the music is just great

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Now Twilight Princess has a more Ocarina of Time feel to it.

Definitely getting TP then. OoT is my favorite Zelda of all time (although I haven't played TP or SS yet, so that might change).

Skyward sword was virtually unplayable for me due to the atrocious motion controls.. and then on top of that i cant stand the way they made Link look

BUT

instead of those 2 go pick up a copy of Ocarina of Time, even if you already own it or have beaten it already go buy it for a different system (N64, GameCube, 3DS) because it is hands down the best Zelda game ever and it is arguably the best video game ever ;)

I already have OoT on N64 and 3DS. :P

#16 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

BUT

yes i agree!
}

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Skyward Sword! Oh and this is my 500th post!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#18 nintendofan123

nintendofan123

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

ive never played twilight princess so i chose skyward sword :P

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Definitely getting TP then. OoT is my favorite Zelda of all time (although I haven't played TP or SS yet, so that might change).

Twilight Princess is $30 cheaper, so that is a big plus.

#20 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

definitely get skyward sword, in my opinion it's the best zelda game out there.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!