#161 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Man are you serious.....if the WiiU version is done with the others and they don't release it same day that will be dumb as hell.

well for starters the wiiu version is different cause of the gamepad functions. Your game pad is the beeping rader like in the movies for aliens which is really cool but it should be werth the wait if we have to wait a lil longer.
Posted Image

#162 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

i cant see the wii u version launching after the rest.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#163 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

well for starters the wiiu version is different cause of the gamepad functions. Your game pad is the beeping rader like in the movies for aliens which is really cool but it should be werth the wait if we have to wait a lil longer.

I'm sure it will be the best version, but I want the commercials for launch to be able to say "now available on WiiU, PS3, and 360." Nintendo needs to be able to show the public that the WiiU exists because a lot of people have no idea what it even is.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 27 December 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#164 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

just called my buddy at the video game store about aliens he said they dont even have a release date yet for wii u he thinks it will be at a later date too
Posted Image

#165 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'm sure it will be the best version, but I want the commercials for launch to be able to say "now available on WiiU, PS3, and 360." Nintendo needs to be able to show the public that the WiiU exists because a lot of people have no idea what it even is.

Yup, its true. My brother came home for christmas and he asked if the gamepad was an accessory for the Wii and said he had never even heard of it.

#166 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

The good news is that Nintendo did the same thing when the 3DS launched, and now look at it catching fire. Of course the Vita was far less of a threat than the new Xbox and PS4 will be so Nintendo better start earlier this time.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#167 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yup, its true. My brother came home for christmas and he asked if the gamepad was an accessory for the Wii and said he had never even heard of it.

My sister in law and my whole family really had no clue what is was. Its a shame but i love it

#168 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

for wiiU, lack of advertising. wont mean much till next E3, and the adds that go with it.

the aliens game looks good, but im not to supprised for a late release. but it will be the best game for wiiU/xbox/ps3 comparasion, simply because its actualy optimized for wiiU. but it still partialy understats wiiU as 1st/2nd generation optimizations vs ruffly 6th/7th generation of optimization.

#169 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

for wiiU, lack of advertising. wont mean much till next E3, and the adds that go with it.

I don't know about that man. The more installed base that Nintendo has before the other new consoles are shown at E3 the better.....they need to get on it and not waste the early start.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#170 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Yep it sold quicker then the 360 and ps3 at launch so Nintendo clearly should be worried about that. :P

I seriously doubt the best version of this game will be on the wiiU. I may be wrong but I would say as is the case with nearly every fps it will be best played on pc.

#171 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Yep it sold quicker then the 360 and ps3 at launch so Nintendo clearly should be worried about that. :P

I seriously doubt the best version of this game will be on the wiiU. I may be wrong but I would say as is the case with nearly every fps it will be best played on pc.

That is the amazing part......it was done with next to no advertising. Of course I think that the 360 would have slaughtered the Wii U's numbers if they would have had the luxury of matching supply with demand. They still cannot rest on their laurels because I really want to be able to purchase most of my third party stuff on the WiiU, and hold out on yet another new console purchase for as long as I can.

As for the PC comment. I had no idea that someone had developed a tablet controller for PC gaming :D

Wii U ID------BeMore

#172 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

That is the amazing part......it was done with next to no advertising. Of course I think that the 360 would have slaughtered the Wii U's numbers if they would have had the luxury of matching supply with demand. They still cannot rest on their laurels because I really want to be able to purchase most of my third party stuff on the WiiU, and hold out on yet another new console purchase for as long as I can.

As for the PC comment. I had no idea that someone had developed a tablet controller for PC gaming :D

The game was not designed around the tablet though. My point was though was referring to how much better fps games play with a mouse and keyboard. No need for autaim, aim assist, smoothing etc. FPS simply play better on a mouse and keyboard just like games like Dark Souls play better with a controller.

Also give it a year and I wouldn't be shocked if someone had the wiiU playable on pc.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 27 December 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#173 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

hopefully the delay is from them trying to mash in exclusives on the wiiU version. better grahpics for the delay is probly not worth it, espicialy if its already runnign on better graphics than the other versions.

#174 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Well I still remember the day I saw Alien Trilogy on the PSX and thought "wow, I'm getting one of those"

A day later I had shelled out the best part of £350

This game looks like it could have a seriously scary make you jump side to it. Which I love.

#175 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

wahey really hyped for this just pre ordered for £34 wii u ltd edition.

Where was this from? Great price! Want to order it too

#176 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

tesco with their pre order code.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#177 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Awwwww lol

I have just ordered the Limited Edition from Zavii for £45

Am i going mad or does the limited edition version have a later release date than the standard edition on the zavii site? Is that normal?

Also, just preordered the limited editon from tesco site using code TD-PRGM to get 5 quid off the price! 34 pounds instead of 39 isn't to be sniffed at!

Edited by backudog, 28 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#178 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Am i going mad or does the limited edition version have a later release date than the standard edition on the zavii site? Is that normal?

Also, just preordered the limited editon from tesco site using code TD-PRGM to get 5 quid off the price! 34 pounds instead of 39 isn't to be sniffed at!

just a mix up i guess, most sites don't have a date for the wii u version anyway, i do want the collectors edition really like i had ordered for my x360.

#179 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

nice one also just a note to anybody else be aware that tesco charge straight away which personally i like but i know some dont.

Edited by taz546565, 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#180 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

nice one also just a note to anybody else be aware that tesco charge straight away which personally i like but i know some dont.

Yeah, I didn't realise that when I ordered mine. Not a problem, but good thinking bringing it up for others!
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!