Photo

Just played it at Best Buy Canada! My thoughts...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

POPULAR

I just got back from one of the best buy "wii experience trailer' in Toronto, and colour me impressed! I got to play it for about 20 minutes, and boy am I sold on the wii-u!!!

The controller is SO comfortable. The buttons are perfect in my my opinion. Joysticks are great, just the right amount of stiffness to them, and the shoulder buttons are great, they are positioned well and just feel awesome to push! The screen is also very impressive and VERY responsive. Zero lag whatsoever! The entire thing is fantastic! The build quality of it is incredible. Pictures and online videos do not do it justice. It is a very incredible piece of technology that you NEED to hold in your hands to actually appreciate it.

I got to play around with Let's Dance (didn't actually play, just messed around with controller and menus, etc) and I got to play NSMBU. Here is my only complaint about today. NSMBU is a good game, very nice seeing Mario in HD, and playing it on the gamepad is so amazing (just imagining playing AAA titles like AC3 or COD:BO2 in the palm of your hands with a super comfortable controller is very enticing) BUT... NSMBU is almost the exact same as NSMB on wii. This is the first Mario game I played that doesn't make me want to own it. It is very disappointing that they are just continuously recycling NSMB. Im sure the final game will be great, and the level design is top notch, but still, just not exciting to play. I also got a chance to watch others play nintendo land, and it looks like fun, but like NSMBU, doesn't make you really want to own it at all.

My overall thoughts of it are that it is incredible. I wasn't a huge fan of the wii, but this system just blew me away. Thinking of the possible awesome games being played on the little screen is making me want it even more! I already pre-ordered it, but I was on the fence about actually going through with buying it. I can officially say I am stoked for November 18th!!

Anyone have any questions, feel free to ask me :) And if anyone has played it as well, please leave some comments/feedback on what you thought!

#2 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

nice to hear you like it, as for me i respect the people who still like 2d marios but im not a real fan of these kind of games anymore, besides that i love all 3d mario games like 64,sunshine and galaxy and mario kart is my favorite mario spin-off game, ill gladly get the next 3d mario game

hype hype!, also i hope for a solution or improvement of the voice-chat situation in near future lol
Posted Image

#3 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

That sounds great. The first time I see the gamepad I thought "that big thing is gonna be difficult to hold with my small hands" but with your comments about the comfort of the gamepad, I'm very happy with that. And yeah, I think the same about NSMU, looks good but the same as the Wii version. If I want an plataformer game maybe I go for Rayman Legends but is my opinion.
You have not played another game?
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#4 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

That sounds great. The first time I see the gamepad I thought "that big thing is gonna be difficult to hold with my small hands" but with your comments about the comfort of the gamepad, I'm very happy with that. And yeah, I think the same about NSMU, looks good but the same as the Wii version. If I want an plataformer game maybe I go for Rayman Legends but is my opinion.
You have not played another game?

I think you will be happy with the comfort of the gamepad. I do have quite large hands, and maybe that is why I feel really comfortable with it, but I would say it seems like it would fit most peoples hands and be comfortable to more. It is surprisingly light, but not in the cheap, plasticy kind of way. They had Rayman there as well, but it was pretty packed. I got to watch it being played, and again, very similar to Rayman origins. Not a bad thing, but not mind blowing either. I really wanted to play Zombi U, but sadly, it was not available there.

nice to hear you like it, as for me i respect the people who still like 2d marios but im not a real fan of these kind of games anymore, besides that i love all 3d mario games like 64,sunshine and galaxy and mario kart is my favorite mario spin-off game, ill gladly get the next 3d mario game

hype hype!, also i hope for a solution or improvement of the voice-chat situation in near future lol

Totally agree! When a 3D mario comes out, it will be mind blowing! Thinking about playing Mario Galaxy on the gamepad is a salivating thought ;)

Edited by Tony8801, 19 October 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think you will be happy with the comfort of the gamepad. I do have quite large hands, and maybe that is why I feel really comfortable with it, but I would say it seems like it would fit most peoples hands and be comfortable to more. It is surprisingly light, but not in the cheap, plasticy kind of way. They had Rayman there as well, but it was pretty packed. I got to watch it being played, and again, very similar to Rayman origins. Not a bad thing, but not mind blowing either. I really wanted to play Zombi U, but sadly, it was not available there.

Totally agree! When a 3D mario comes out, it will be mind blowing! Thinking about playing Mario Galaxy on the gamepad is a salivating thought ;)

Yeah, I cant wait for a new 3D mario. Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS is the best mario ive played in a while.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

That sounds great. The first time I see the gamepad I thought "that big thing is gonna be difficult to hold with my small hands" but with your comments about the comfort of the gamepad, I'm very happy with that.

As a female (with hands probably similar or smaller than yours), it was very comfortable in size. Nothing weird, felt exactly like holding a controller. The gamepad is lighter than it looks but it still has a normal controller weight to it. This makes it a little awkward when playing it with a stylus since most or all of the weight is in one hand, which is more noticeable. Maybe because it's wide so it makes holding it in one hand a little different than if the weight were more condensed? By no means was it too heavy or anything, but I can see possible fatigue after an hour or so, depending on the person.

@Tony:
I'm jealous, all I got to play is Rayman at Nintendo World. :o Don't like Mario (or Just Dance) much but I would've liked to try out more than one game. xD

Edited by Ixchel, 19 October 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

As a female (with hands probably similar or smaller than yours), it was very comfortable in size. Nothing weird, felt exactly like holding a controller. The gamepad is lighter than it looks but it still has a normal controller weight to it. This makes it a little awkward when playing it with a stylus since most or all of the weight is in one hand, which is more noticeable. Maybe because it's wide so it makes holding it in one hand a little different than if the weight were more condensed? By no means was it too heavy or anything, but I can see possible fatigue after an hour or so, depending on the person.

@Tony:
I'm jealous, all I got to play is Rayman at Nintendo World. :o Don't like Mario (or Just Dance) much but I would've liked to try out more than one game. xD

Yup I agree with this, it is the perfect weight, but due to the size, holding it in one hand is a bit tougher.

Yeah I am happy I got to try a few games, but cannot wait to get my hands on zombi u and Assassins Creed 3 :)

#8 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...rst-time-today/
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

NSMBU is almost the exact same as NSMB on wii.

I dont believe you for 1 second... Nintendo would never recycle the same game over and over and over... never

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 19 October 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#10 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

I dont believe you for 1 second... Nintendo would never recycle the same game over and over and over... never

lol NEVER...

thumbs up for the Datsyuk pic ;)

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Awesome!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Good news! On my side, I'm trying to get my body ready for the release date.
Posted Image

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Saving all my hype for Christmas morning! :D
Glad to hear it's comfortable to hold.

#14 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

That's good to hear, thanks :D
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...rst-time-today/

It's fine. I'd like to hear about other peoples' experiences! :D

EDIT: Although.... It's typical luck for me. I do a good post and get a low amount of likes.

Some random person: 1234298975238457 likes. Not that I'm a like hoarder though. lol

Edited by Dragon, 20 October 2012 - 05:41 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

At a guess they probably didn't have games like Zombie U, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham City etc. due to the nature of the content and the fact they are M or T rated games. The event is probably open to people of all ages. Nintendo in particular are pretty conscious about this.

#17 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

IT'Z AT BEST BUY IN TORONTO?!?!?! WHY WON'T EITHER OF MY PARENTS OR GRANDPARENTS BRING ME THERE ALREADY!!!!!!

That's it, I'm walking, lol, I have the Need for Wii U now

Oh and I had a question, what specific games were there to play? Or did you only play a couple and not see the entire list?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#18 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

IT'Z AT BEST BUY IN TORONTO?!?!?! WHY WON'T EITHER OF MY PARENTS OR GRANDPARENTS BRING ME THERE ALREADY!!!!!!

That's it, I'm walking, lol, I have the Need for Wii U now

Oh and I had a question, what specific games were there to play? Or did you only play a couple and not see the entire list?

They only Nintendo land, Rayman, new super Mario bros u, lets dance 4, and some singing game. No zombi u, assassins creed, call or duty , etc.

And thanks to everyone who responded. Sorry I didn't see the other persons post about playing the wii u today, I just wanted to let people know what I thought and gets others opinions :)

#19 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

They only Nintendo land, Rayman, new super Mario bros u, lets dance 4, and some singing game. No zombi u, assassins creed, call or duty , etc.

And thanks to everyone who responded. Sorry I didn't see the other persons post about playing the wii u today, I just wanted to let people know what I thought and gets others opinions :)

I'm gonna go soon my grandfather finally agreed to take me!!!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks I'm helping him find a new humidifier but I really just want to play the Wii U (Shhhhh!!!) lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#20 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

I'm gonna go soon my grandfather finally agreed to take me!!!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks I'm helping him find a new humidifier but I really just want to play the Wii U (Shhhhh!!!) lol

Lol you better actually help him find a humidifier afterwards lol

Are you going to yonge and dundas? It is going to be so packed today! Tons of people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!