• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hey guys looks like Nintendo pushed back a lot of their own launch window titles because of the strong 3rd party support, here take a look http://mynintendonew...-party-support/ I think this is great definatly shows people Nintendo are listening, the Wii U is certainly shaping up to be an amazing system, what do you guys think?

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

i think its a good thing because in other platforms they released a buch of first party titles in a very short time and then you have to wait a LOT for the next nintendo title to come out, with this strategy they will have a constant flow of first party games every few months or so
Posted Image

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

POPULAR

i think its a good thing because in other platforms they released a buch of first party titles in a very short time and then you have to wait a LOT for the next nintendo title to come out, with this strategy they will have a constant flow of first party games every few months or so

No it's a good thing because it gives third-parties a chance to show their games off rather than Nintendo steal the limelight with their always popular first-party offerings.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

No it's a good thing because it gives third-parties a chance to show their games off rather than Nintendo steal the limelight with their always popular first-party offerings.

also if you get several good games at the same time it overloads your brain so hard with hype that you dont know which one to play first and you will want see them all at the same time and in conclusion you dont enjoy every game as it should be enjoyed,it happened to me before, i prefer to have a first party game every 2-3 months, combined with AAA third party releases between them.

i think they should release pikmin 3,wonderfull 101 and bayonetta 2 in a month with no relevant third party titles during 2013

Edited by Stormage09, 31 October 2012 - 02:26 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

They should, if they can, release a first party title once every month, and no closer.

If they could actually keep that constant for several years, good on them. The world is not so doomed then.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hopefully it pays off for them better than it did for the 3ds than again the third party 3ds lineup kinda sucked.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hopefully it pays off for them better than it did for the 3ds than again the third party 3ds lineup kinda sucked.

I wouldn't say sucked as I would say "Too many ports" and "Too many niche titles".

It took almost a year before a title that everyone would play came out (Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 7, your pick). Some titles I did like before them were Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (which would still be my favourite 3DS title) and Samurai Warriors Chronicles, which I've sunk an unhealthy amount of hours into before I ditched the 3DS completely.

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Hey guys looks like Nintendo pushed back a lot of their own launch window titles because of the strong 3rd party support, here take a look http://mynintendonew...-party-support/ I think this is great definatly shows people Nintendo are listening, the Wii U is certainly shaping up to be an amazing system, what do you guys think?

The third party titles theyve pushed back for are year old ports.... its a sneaky move to let those games fail so they can say "cant say we never support the 3rd party titles"... Its just yet another way Nintendo has found to choke out its own consoles games so that it can dominate the gaming market for its own console and boost 1st party sales...

#10 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

The third party titles theyve pushed back for are year old ports.... its a sneaky move to let those games fail so they can say "cant say we never support the 3rd party titles"... Its just yet another way Nintendo has found to choke out its own consoles games so that it can dominate the gaming market for its own console and boost 1st party sales...

The year old ports are in a small minority among the 3rd party titles, silly.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

I hope for a steady stream of 1st party titles throughout 2013. Once every, say, 3 months.

Just wishful thinking.

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

They should, if they can, release a first party title once every month, and no closer.

If they could actually keep that constant for several years, good on them. The world is not so doomed then.

... @_@ No way. Not unless you include second party in that, and they use all of their IPs. I couldn't handle seeing 6 mario games released a year.
Posted Image

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

That's a great business decision. First party titles usually hog all the attention from third party titles.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, pikmin 3 is an example.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

... @_@ No way. Not unless you include second party in that, and they use all of their IPs. I couldn't handle seeing 6 mario games released a year.

Well, neither can I. I didn't suggest they were all Mario games.

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Super Mario 3DLand
Mario Kart 7
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Mario Tennis Open
New super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario Sticker Star
New super Mario Bros. U

You mad? :P

Edited by Nollog, 31 October 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Well, neither can I. I didn't suggest they were all Mario games.

I know but given their current track record without following a once a month plan, and their lack of love on Metroid, F-Zero, etc...

Super Mario 3DLand
Mario Kart 7
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Mario Tennis Open
New super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario Sticker Star
New super Mario Bros. U

You mad? :P

Case in point I guess. XD I knew there were a lot but since I don't usually play Mario games, I never realized it actually hit 6.5. Wow.
Posted Image

#18 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I wanted to play Pikmin 3 so bad

#19 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

... Yeah, I sort of wish they released Pikmin 3 anyways. The lack of it at launch isn't pushing me to buy more games than I'm interested in considering I own other consoles. All it's doing is making me probably not buy a 1st party at launch. Unless it's secretly being improved behind the scenes and they're not just sitting on it for a few months. >>;; Last time I looked into it, there were comments that it was noticeable it had started out as a Wii game, so it'd be nice to polish it a little more.

Edited by Ixchel, 31 October 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Wow, this seems to have created mixed opinions on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!